"Beware of occasional bad attitude."
Darkton, otherwise known as Darkton93 where just Darkton is taken, is a Fanfic writer with Asperger Syndrome
and serious attitude issues
. Ironically, hardly anything a work can do enrages him. It's the reactions to that that're the problem.
Mostly, Darkton is content to write Playing With articles, feeling that every other trope has already been covered and all that's left to do is come up with variations.
He's currently working on a series of Codename: Kids Next Door
fanfics. They have no set schedule.
Tropes applying to Darkton include...
- Asperger Syndrome: Oh my, yes. Kinda Downplayed in that his writing quality has been said to be quite good by others, unlike certain other writers with autism.
- Berserk Button: Hating on autism. Whining. Take That jokes. Double Standards. Hating on America. Hating on conservatives and republicans. The things to set him off are many and unsubtle.
- He really seems to have something against Mega Man. He wants it to die so that the fans can "understand what whining gets them."
- Actually, it's more complex than that. He views Megaman fans as being completely incapable of feeling joy. He himself likes Megaman, but he views the fans as even worse than the Sonic fanbase. He says he's trying, really, just that "you guys are making it VERY. HARD."
- He's acknowledged, however, that they're "getting better" as of the release of Street Fighterx Mega Man.
- ...and he's retracted that with the release of the 25th Anniversary Pack.
- Hating on fans is another big one. He uses the phrases "DISSENTING OPINIONS NOT WELCOME" or "EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION" when this crops up.
- Catch Phrase: Several.
- Chivalrous Lolicon: He thinks young girls are cute in all manner of undress, but he doesn't advocate pornography and prefers drawn children with private parts hidden or invisible.
- Fan Hater: Downplayed. He won't fault you if you like something. He just hates you if you're a fan of something.
- Case in point, Megaman. He's willing to acknowledge when Megaman fans are nice. He just hates the majority of them for being "completely incapable of feeling joy".
- Original Flavor: Very stern about this when it applies to fanfics, believing they should read like an episode, for better or worse.
- Out of Focus: Believes this way about Mega Man, compared to Ryu, who he believes has become Capcom's new mascot.
- Self-Deprecation: Consider that this article is almost entirely negative. Also consider that most of it was written by him. Indeed, he seems to have no problem realizing when he's shot his own mouth off.
- Single Issue Wonk: Get him started on the Mega Man fanbase. There will be accusations of whining and "being incapable of feeling joy".
- Spell My Name with an S: The official subtitles are his most commonly used terms for Anime characters. Don't expect him to hate you for using the wrong term, though.
- Team Switzerland: Mostly neutral on controversial matters. In fact, the thing he hates most is not the decision itself, but the reaction to the decision.
- You Keep Using That Word: Fanboy, to refer to an irrational fan (of which he thinks there's a lot of). In contrast, he uses Fangirl to refer to someone who's obsessed with a particular Character.
- "Whining" seems to be common to him. However, what he deems as whining is usually more like complaining.
Notable works by Darkton include...
: "No! I must kill the Saiyans!"
: "No Goku, you are the Saiyans!"
And then Goku was an alien.