Tropers / Baluar
Yo, hey there! Name's Baluar, as you probably figured out by now, but most of the people call me Bal in the Internet (well, those who know me do, anyway). You can call me whatever you want, so long as you're obviously addressing me. And it has to be polite, too. I guess.
I'm a dude, btw. I dunno if it's clear by reading the page (the bit about preferences can give you an indication, but I could be a lesbian for all you know), so the clarification's there.
, in case you wonder. And proud of it.
Well now, into the tropes, so you keep wasting your time
Me, myself and I
- Afraid of Blood: Suffice to say I don't particularly enjoy the sight of blood. Only in real life though: videogame blood I don't care about.
- Amazon Chaser: Yes, I do prefer strong women, thank you very much.
- Awesome Ego: What I aim to be.
- Badass Beard: Hopefully I'll get to invoke this some day.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm a lot better than average in maths and most things involving lots of thinking, but I am seriously lazy.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Well, I can speak about pretty much anything with women, but if it's the girl I like I'm going to have some trouble to talk with a straight face instead of running away on a flimsy excuse, and I'm not going to be able to tell her anything regarding the fact I like her. It's also harder to speak with women than it is to speak with other guys.
- The Cynic: I'm of the belief that, when things can go wrong, they probably will.
- You know what they say about the glass half empty...
- Deadpan Snarker: You bet. Nearly 50% of whatever I say is snark. Curiously enough, I'm actually less sarcastic in the Internet than in real life.
- Ditzy Genius: I'm smart, but I also happen to find myself lacking in common sense at times.
- I left a kettle half an hour over the stove once. Not the best day ever, I guess.
- Insufferable Genius: At times. I actively avoid it unless someone is being egregiously stupid.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: I come across as calm, but I am easy to tick off. Still not enough to qualify as a straight example (I won't get angry if you're neither obviously intent on bothering me nor being an utter pain in the ass), sooo... downplayed, I guess?
- Unstoppable Rage: The usual result of my temper coming to play. I've got into trouble more than once because of it; nothing too serious, but still.
- Has a Type: Aside from the Amazon Chaser bit... dark haired women. The darker the better. Not an exclusive thing as much as a preference of sorts. Which is what the trope is about, if I remember correctly.
- Hurricane of Puns: I am very fond of this. I'll invoke it if I can (which isn't all that often, sadly), and I love one when I see one.
- Made of Iron: Downplayed, of course, but I generally don't react too strongly to physical pain. But when it comes to my head, on the other hand...
- Memetic Badass: Downplayed. Being rather easy to anger, my friends tend to portray me as an unstoppable juggernaut of anger... thing. Not that exaggerated, obviously, but still there.
- Nerd: I guess...? I got the glasses, I don't much care about the way I dress and I kinda Cannot Talk to Women.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Downlplayed, but I don't much care about the way I dress... or how I look in general.
- Science Hero: What I aim to be. Well, "Hero" might be stretching it, but hey, I'm (hopefully) gonna be a physicist some day.
- The Stoic: When I'm not angry, I'm this.
- Stubborn Hair: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Too Clever by Half: Kinda. Haven't had an Epic Fail yet, but it's surely a matter of time.
- Verbal Tic: I use the "I guess" (or variations thereof) more than I should... but I guess you already noticed that.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The sound of plastic breaking really gets on my nerves. Styrofoam's even worse, and hearing it break causes me pain. Literally, it hurts.