Trivia: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
For the Mythology Gags
, check this page
almost didn't make it in due to a translation error placing him on Marvel's "no go" list. A Capcom translator asked Marvel why a fan-favorite
shouldn't be in the game, and the mistake was fixed.
- DLC was initially planned for MvC3 in the form of the Ultimate version itself (similar to Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition), but the tsunami and earthquake in Japan messed with the development schedule. As a result, the planned DLC and some other new additions were refurbished and packaged as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in a disc release.
- There're also some lines from some characters which didn't make the cut into the game. For example:
- Some of Deadpool's lines:
"Look at me, ma! Hahahahahaha! LOOK AT ME!"
"Hey, Spidey! Remember how your webbing can't touch windows? Just like how you couldn't touch me?"
- Also, Deadpool was said to sing some lines of Michael Jackson's songs to match his moonwalking, but out of fear of being sued, the idea was cut out.
- Deadpool had quite a number of zingers against Spider-Man, including how Spidey's fighting ability sucks almost as bad as his Broadway musical.
- Spider-Man's pre-battle line for Ryu:
- This can also be seen with earlier builds of the game. Many of Deadpool's quotes were revisednote , Iron Man's assist quote was originally "It's on you now." instead of "Excuse me!", Dormammu actually called out "Floating Bomb!" for his Stalking Flare hyper instead of "I summon the power!", and an exchange between Dante and Morrigan (which would have been a Mythology Gag to Nevan's "Well now, aren't you a handsome devil." line to Dante in Devil May Cry 3) was cut, among others. There are also a few unused voice clips found in the Sound Test (such as Zero's reaction to being K.O.-ed via chip damage or a light attack and an alternate victory quote for when Dormammu defeats Shuma-Gorath).
- A stage based around Ōkami was considered, but was dropped due to clashes with the art style in the game. The theme for the stage was finished however, and is actually still in the game disc.
Characters who serve as gods in the Trope Pantheon:
- Amaterasu and Deadpool are in the Main House.
- Amaterasu is also in the House of Nature, where she is joined by Ghost Rider, Magneto, Storm, and Thor Odinson.
- Deadpool is also in the Houses of Knowledge and Narrative.
- Rocket Raccoon is in the House of Ambiguity.
- Chun-Li, Ryu, the Taskmaster, and Zero are in the House of Combat.
- Ryu is also in the House of Power, where he is joined by Akuma, Nova, and the Wolverine.
- The Taskmaster is also in the House of Defense
as is Captain America, who himself does triple duty in the House of Justice and the Court of the Gods. Phoenix Wright joins Captain America in the latter two Houses, along with the She-Hulk in the Court.
- Iron Man is in the Houses of Craft and Technology. Jill Valentine joins him in the former House.
- Crimson Viper and Vergil are in the House of Family.
- Firebrand is in the House of Gaming, as are the Servbots under Tron Bonne's command.
- Spider-Man is in the House of Heroes.
- Mike Haggar is in the House of Leadership.
- Phoenix is in the House of Life and Death, as is Maya Fey, Phoenix Wright's assistant.
- Doctor Strange and Dormammu are in the House of Magic.
- Albert Wesker is in the House of Mentalism.
- Galactus, Shao Hsien-Ko, and Morrigan Aensland are in the House of Otherness.
- Arthur and X-23 are in the House of Personal Appearance.
- Dante is in the House of Profession.
- The Hulk is in the House of Shape.
- Doctor Doom and Sentinel are in the House of Villains.
- Hawkeye and Nathan Spencer are in the House of Weapons.