- Deadpool getting stabbed in the ass by Morrigan's tentacles in the first intro movie of the game. Morrigan's reaction is priceless. Heck, Deadpool himself is a walking CMOF. Some of his noteworthy moments:
YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!!
Hey! Yeah, you! I'm down here bustin' my ass while you sit on yours, watching me jump around? How is that fair?
I get the cover of the next Street Fighter
for this, right, Capcom? Right?
- When he triggers X-Factor:
Anime power-up time!
Hey, I freakin' love Street Fighter! Autograph your spleen for me?
- Doing battle with Wolverine, both pre-fight"
Short and short on deodorant is a real bad combination, Stabby.
- One of his victory quotes:
This is my taunt! Heh, get it?
- When he defeats M.O.D.O.K., we get this:
So... basically I just beat up Humpty Dumpty in a rocket chair, huh?
- Change characters out for him, then don't move and watch him make a fool out of himself.
- How did we go this long without mentioning his Shoryuken? Or the fact that it's a reference from his first comic series which he used to punch out Shadowcat in order to goad Wolverine into a fight? Or that the attack consists of him hopping and flailing his arm ineffectually (yet sets up the enemy for an air juggle)? Or the way he says "SHORYUKEN!!" in the way only Deadpool can? Or that the Shoryuken is referenced again in his own video game?
- Character's winquotes against Deadpool tend to also be hilarious. Surprisingly funny one from Shuma Gorath:
I did not appreciate being called calamari. And what is this "dipping sauce" you keep referring to?
- From the second intro movie: Amaterasu and Joe running up Super Skrull's arm, only to end up catching nothing and going Oh, Crap when they find themselves learning that Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress.
- Nate Spencer and Iron Man's specific pre-match taunts:
Iron Man: Just the arm? Why? Can't afford the rest of the suit?
Spencer: How much of that suit is bionic?
- M.O.D.O.K.'s attempt at a bicycle kick results in him flying across the screen flailing his stubby little legs.
- In the video above, Spider-Man tagging in Magneto with: "Maggy!"
- And when he tags in Deadpool, he shouts "Mr. Wilson!"
- In his ending, he never catches a break with J. Jonah Jameson.
- Iron Man's pre-fight quote against any female character that isn't Amaterasu.
So, you doin' anything after this?
- Arthur losing his armor in the third intro movie.
- When Wesker and Chris confront one another, who's the first to show up beside the badassness of Wesker? M.O.D.O.K.
- In the same movie. seeing M.O.D.O.K. get smacked aside by the Hulk just before he catches X-23.
- In a recent trailer to showcase rivals, who gets put up against the Universe conquering Dormammu? Who else but Viewtiful Joe!
- If the last character Captain America defeats is Iron Man:
- One of She-Hulk's win quotes:
- When she beats Deadpool to end a match, she says that if the game were made in the nineties, she would be the one hitting him with a health bar.
- Also her ending, where she stars in a series called "Jen's Justice". The guests this time are Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth. When Jen gives her verdict, she breaks the table. The reaction of both Phoenix and Miles is priceless.
- Thor's command taunt.
- During the intro, Haggar and Felicia trying and failing to save Haggar's mayoral campaign sign while battles are raging all around them.
- Deadpool's ending:
- A few seconds later, a news report shows that Wade's party was... excessive. And the player's wanted as an accomplice.
- Trish's ending: Poor Nightcrawler.
- Tron's ending: Sentinel becomes Servbot #42. Volnutt must be wondering why he didn't get Gold Lightan and PTX-40A's numbers.
- X-23's ending, where she confronts Logan on the smoking ruin of his front lawn, in front of the Elder God she just took down, and claims the title of Number 1 since he never did anything like that. His response is basically "Yeah, yeah, now get that thing off my lawn."
- M.O.D.O.K.'s ending, where he puts on Galactus's helmet. It makes his head even bigger than normal.
- In Joe's ending, he stars in his own 80's era detective show, directed by Mojo and Spiral.
- Zero's ending, he arrives in the Mega Man Zero timeline, instead of his Mega Man X timeline.
- In the Hulk's ending, he goes through the Resident Evil 1 mansion with Chris, curb stomping every single monster in his path. Resident Evil never looked so easy.
Nemesis: Groaaaaar! (The Hulk grabs him by the neck)
Hulk: Who is ugly man? Can Hulk smash?
Chris: Ah, him? I believe he's called Nemesis. He spent a lot of time trying to kill Jill.
Hulk: Then...HULK SMASH!
- A win quote from Sentinel of all people.
Sentinel: Battle data indicates excessive force was not required.
(defeating X-23): "Wolverine DNA detected in female mutant. DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE."
- Doctor Doom gets one as well in his win quote:
Doctor Doom: The applause shall continue for another hour. The first person to stop clapping shall be executed.
- Shuma-Gorath's attraction to Hsien-Ko is hilariously disturbing.
"(Intro)Shuma-Gorath: A living corpse! How quaint!
"(Win Text)Shuma-Gorath: As a bride to one of the Old Ones, you would be given many dimensions as a dowry!
- Not to mention her response.
"Eww, I don't even wanna touch that!"
- Mike Haggar says in his pre-fight dialogue against Shuma-Gorath that an arm lock won't work on Shuma... but he can piledrive him like anyone else just fine.
- If he can piledrive Sentinel, a giant robot twice his height, then Shuma-Gorath shouldn't be a problem.
- The comic book included in the Special Edition. No Fourth Wall Up to Eleven.
- Actually, some dialog is edited. For example, the original line from the comic was:
Deadpool: Where you from, pretty boy? Planets of the fabios?
- Ghost Rider's victory quote. There's something funny about him saying it with a straight face.
Ghost Rider: "Hell hath no fury like a flaming skeleton on a motorcycle."
- Taskmaster's ending. He starts a fitness program for people that want to "train with the guy who beat Galactus", and then goes on to create a bunch of exercise DVDs as well as a line of clothing named after him.
- Nemesis' "time's up" loss animation? Standing still and... dropping his rocket launcher. Nothing else.
- Also, one of his text win quotes is simply "." and nothing else.
- One of Doctor Strange's Curb-Stomp Battle winquotes:
Perhaps I've accidentally transported myself to an alternate reality where nobody but me can fight.
- This Nova winquote:
In case you had any interest in the Nova Corps, forget it. They wouldn't take you on the grounds that you have a bad case of suck.
- In the opening movie for Ultimate, among the moments of awesome, there's Deadpool surfing on top of Phoenix Wright's "Objection!" speech bubble. The attendant's reactions are priceless.
- Chun-Li gets to be the victim of the Parry system. By Ryu of all people. *
- While most characters' defeat quotes have then quietly muttering disappointment in themselves or the situation (with the exception of Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon will go out screaming at the top of his lungs: "I'LL KILL YOU, YOU SON OF A...!" Oh and if you beat him with a light attack:
"Promise me... no zoo."
- Rocket Raccoon's win-quote against Chris Redfield.
"That's for letting them mess up Raccoon City, you wanker!"
- And his victory quote for defeating Nemesis. "Man, you ugly!"
- Frank West's Level 1 hyper, which begins with him jamming a Servbot head onto his opponent and only gets better from there. For added hilarity, try it on M.O.D.O.K. (enormous Servbot head) and Shuma-Gorath (one-eyed Servbot head).
- Rocket Raccoon's ending, where he found that Raccoon City isn't what he expected.
Rocket Raccoon: The guy with the guns mentions his hometown — I figure it to be a paradise of my kind. Well, needless to say... It's not.
- Phoenix Wright's ending, where he got a special defendant for his current case: Galactus himself, who barely fits into the courtroom, let alone the witness' stand.
Galactus: I hereby renew my request for a change of venue.
- Rocket Racoon and Chris' intro quotes against each other.
Rocket Racoon: You've fought zombies, mutants, tyrants-but nothing's prepared you for a raccoon.
Chris: (in utter confusion) There's a, um, heavily armed woodland creature.
- Speaking of Rocket Raccoon, there's M.O.D.O.K.'s quotes against him.
Before a fight: You're cute. Time to die!
After a fight, if he wins: I defeated a Raccoon! SCIENCE!
- Jill, on the 'WINNER!' screen, delivers the thoughts of every Resident Evil 3: Nemesis player ever to Nemesis.
Jill: Stop. Following. Me!
- She-Hulk's new win quote against Deadpool, reminding us all that she's still aware of the fourth wall:
: If there's ever an Mv C 4
, I'll destroy you there too, Wade.
- Dante's new ending in Ultimate:
Dante: (sitting lazily) I can smell you standing there, you know. Whaddya want?
Mephisto: If you so desired, I could return your mother to you, alive and well. I could even mend your relationship with your brother — make your family whole again. All I would require is —
Dante: (quickly put a gun under the guy's chin)
Mephisto: Actually, there's a fiend called Blackheart who has caused me trouble to no end.
Dante: Done. But I'm charging you triple because you're such a tool.
- A lot of new dialogue in Ultimate references infamous events from the characters' home series in the most hilarious ways.
: (defeating Firebrand) You know, you sort of look like the guy who ruined my marriage
Spencer: One more crack about the hair and I'll pick you up and beat you down again.
Chris: Look, I deal with superhuman monsters on a daily basis. I would have been crazy not to hit the gym and bulk up a bit.
- All of Deadpool's dialogue when fighting Spider-Man has been changed to reference the Broadway musical incident which happened between the release of the two versions of the game.
Gonna rough you up like a Broadway musical!
- One of Albert Wesker's new "Winner!" screen quotes has him bragging about how expensive his custom-made sunglasses were.
- Phoenix Wright convicting a bad guy? Awesome. Phoenix Wright convicting a good guy? (eg: Captain America, Spider-Man or Thor) There's where the fun comes in accusing the good guys with something they might not have done or done so little and get huge damage as a payback.
- Amaterasu is a known turnip thief, Doctor Strange is way behind on his taxes, and Iron Man should have known that hitting on Tron would come back to bite him.
- Nova: "Blue blazes! I'm awesome!"
Nova: It's times like this I miss being a New Warrior. Speedball would point and laugh at you right now.
- There's also "Really? I mean, really?" when he faces Viewtiful Joe.
- Shuma-Gorath's ending. After defeating Galactus and being hailed as a hero, he goes native in a most hilarious manner- he becomes the host of a Japanese game show.
Shuma-Gorath: Welcome, vile fleshling scum!
- The dissonance between a character's win pose and win quote can be very amusing.
Ghost Rider (after beating Phoenix Wright or She-Hulk): So I have this contract with Mephisto I'd like you to look at for me. *rides away on his motorcycle*
Doctor Strange (after beating Hsien-Ko): Your condition... my magic might be able to help. *teleports away*
Hsien-Ko (after beating Shuma-Gorath): Oh, my clothes are all slimy now! *smiles and winks*
Hsien-Ko (after beating Nemesis): Oh man, that was really frightening! *smiles and winks*
Galactus (after being defeated): How dare you! I now must squash you like the bug that you are! *falls off the stage*
- One of Rocket Raccoon's win quotes brings up the inevitable response to his inclusion in the game.
Rocket Raccoon: Say how embarrassing it was to be beaten up by a raccoon one more time and I'm going to beat you up again.
- The Galactus reveal trailer. After the first half with the battle against the Heralds is shown, it goes to the fight with Galactus himself. Almost immediately, Ryu jumps into the fray, delivers a Shoryuken... and Galactus flicks him away like a bug.
- Galactus's response to Super Skrull:
- Frank's victory sequence has him throwing a zombie over his shoulder in annoyance before walking away from the camera. Barely half a second later he reappears running away from a horde.