Look out, here comes the Spider-Man!
Josh Keaton is an American actor and voice actor. He's probably best known as the voice of Spider-Man
in The Spectacular Spider Man
animated series and other mediums
as well. In the eyes of many fans, he is to Spider-Man what Kevin Conroy
is to Batman
He's also known as Young Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
, The Flash in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
, Jack Darby in Transformers Prime
, and Green Lantern
Hal Jordan in Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Has a Twitter account
, Facebook page
, a Tumblr account
, and a YouTube channel
Tropes associated with Josh Keaton
- Casting Gag: Was cast as Spider-Man Expy Black Spider in Young Justice.
- One of Us: He seems to still be reading comic books nowadays. In 2011, he mentions he's been catching up on Green Lantern and is thinking of reading the JMS' Spider-Man run next.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: As the Kid Hero.
- Playing Against Type: As Black Spider and the Manhunters.
- Promoted Fanboy: Grew up reading Spider-Man comics before being cast in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Has played both sides of the Spider-Man/Harry Osborn relationship opposite James Arnold Taylor. He's also worked on a lot of the same stuff as Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Clancy Brown, Daran Norris, John DiMaggio, Nolan North and Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Self-Deprecation: In the Spider-memes video, he makes a quick jab at himself for being out of work. The timing of this was not long after Green Lantern: The Animated Series got cancelled.
- The Other Marty: Recorded lines as Spidey for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but was dubbed over by Drake Bell. Notable in that he was incredibly understanding about the whole thing, reminding fans that while he appreciated the outpouring of love and sympathy, bashing Drake Bell was not cool. Bell was just playing a part, and the decision to dub over Keaton's work was an administrative/executive one, not Bell's.
- Before that, he actually provided the voice for Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the video game adaptation for the first Spider-Man movie. Tobey Maguire came aboard to voice the character regardless. Thus the Green Goblin mode was added as a way of keeping Keaton's dialogue in the game.
- Also voiced Gary in Team America: World Police before Trey Parker replaced him.