Video Game / Spider-Man Trilogy
The tie-in games for the Sam Raimi
-directed Spider-Man Trilogy
, published by Activision.
Games with their own pages:
- Adaptation Expansion:
- Spider-Man added battles with the Vulture, Scorpion and Shocker prior to adapting the film's Green Goblin plot. The Xbox version has Kraven the Hunter as an exclusive boss.
- The PS3/360/PC versions of Spider-Man 3 includes sub-plots involving the Kingpin, Scorpion, Rhino, and the Lizard.
- The PS2/Wii version of Spider-Man 3 added a sub-plot involving Morbius the Living Vampire, Shriek and the Lizard.
- Adaptational Heroism:
- The Scorpion receives this in both games he appears in, as he's on the run from a corrupt organization. His battles with Spider-Man are through misunderstandings rather than any actual attempts at villainy and he even teams up with Spider-man in both of them.
- Sandman gets this in the third game. Other than in the film, where he willingly teams up with Venom, he is blackmailed into it here because Eddie takes his daughter hostage.
- Apologetic Attacker: In Spider-Man, during the Oscorp Break-In level, Spider-Man apologizes to the first security guard he knocks out, knowing that they're just people doing their jobs and not criminals.
- Big Damn Heroes: New Goblin in Spider-Man 3.
- Bonus Boss:
- Bonesaw McGraw in the combat arena of Spider-Man.
- Calypso in the combat arena of Spider-Man 2.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: After defeating the Green Goblin in Spider-Man, Peter Parker's narration then tells the player to go outside and play.
- Costume Copycat: The final unlockable in Spider-Man is the ability to play through the game as the Green Goblin, complete with pumpkin bombs and glider instead of webs. This trope comes in when you start the game, as it's Harry in the suit instead of Norman. And taken even further with another Green Goblin running around as the primary antagonist.
- Disney Death: New Goblin in Spider-Man 3 - Rather than being Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by Venom with his own glider, instead Venom webs the glider and pulls Harry into a clothesline, and the last time Harry is seen, he's spinning out-of-control away from the construction site.
- Free-Fall Fight: In Spiderman 3' on the PS3/360 the final fight with Venom ends with one of these, with the loser falling on and being impaled by pipes.
- Gender Flip: Dr. Stillwell, the doctor who created Scorpion, is female in the third game.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:
- Green Goblin in Spider-Man.
- Venom in the PS3/360 version of Spider-Man 3.
- Ink-Suit Actor:
- Tobey Maguire and Willem Dafoe in Spider-Man.
- Tobey Maguire, Alfred Molina and Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man 2.
- The PSP version added J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.
- Tobey Maguire, James Franco, Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church, and J.K. Simmons in Spider-Man 3
- Mirror Match: When playing through Spider-Man as the Green Goblin, all of the bosses remain the same. All of them. The game even implies that the second Goblin is Norman in the suit, having survived his battle with Spider-Man.
- Press X to Not Die: Spider-Man 3's Scrappy Mechanic in an infuriating degree.
- Secret Character: Green Goblin in Spider-Man.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: The Black Suit in Spider-Man 3, naturally.
- In the PS3 and 360 versions of the game, Spider-Man wears the suit permanently.
- In the PS2 and Wii versions of the game, Spider-Man can switch between the black suit and red and blue suits at will, but will have a harder time returning to the red and blue suit the more time is spent in the black suit.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 on home consoles.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Oscorp's Ultimate Weapon is like this.