The tie-in games for the Sam Raimi
films, published by Activision.Spider-Man 2
has its own page.
These games provide examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: The Xbox version of Spider-Man has Kraven the Hunter as an exclusive boss.
- Big Damn Heroes: New Goblin in Spider-Man 3.
- Bonus Boss:
- Bonesaw McGraw in the combat arena of Spider-Man.
- Calyso in the combat arena of Spider-Man 2.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: After defeating the Green Goblin in Spider-Man, Peter Parker's narration then tells the player to go outside & play.
- Costume Copycat: The final unlockable in Spider-Man is the ability to play through the game as the Green Goblin, complete with pumpkin bombs & glider instead of webs. This trope comes in when you start the game, as it's Harry in the suit instead of Norman. And taken even further with another Green Goblin running around as the primary antagonist.
- Disney Death: New Goblin in Spider-Man 3 - Rather than being Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by Venom with his own glider, instead Venom webs the glider & pulls Harry into a clothesline, and the last time Harry is seen, he's spinning out-of-control away from the construction site.
- Gender Flip: Dr. Stillwell, the doctor who created Scorpion, is female in the game.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:
- Green Goblin in Spider-Man.
- Venom in the PS3/360 version of Spider-Man 3.
- Ink-Suit Actor:
- Tobey Maguire & Willem Dafoe in Spider-Man.
- Tobey Maguire, Alfred Molina & Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man 2.
- The PSP version added J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.
- Tobey Maguire, James Franco, Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church, & J.K. Simmons in Spider-Man 3
- Mirror Match: When playing through Spider-Man as the Green Goblin, all of the bosses remain the same. All of them. The game even implies that the second Goblin is Norman in the suit, having survived his battle with Spider-Man.
- Secret Character: Green Goblin in Spider-Man.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: The Black Suit in Spider-Man 3, naturally.
- In the PS3 & 360 versions of the game, Spider-Man wears the suit permanently.
- In the PS2 & Wii versions of the game, Spider-Man can switch between the black suit and red & blue suits at will, but will have a harder time returning to the red & blue suit the more time is spent in the black suit.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Spider-Man 2 & Spider-Man 3 on home consoles.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Oscorp's Ultimate Weapon is like this.