Video Game: Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
is a video game that is based on the Sam Raimi movie version
- Action Girl: Black Cat and Silver Sable.
- Adaptational Heroism: The Lizard, who is a good guy here and keeps his human form's intelligence.
- Big Bad: Mysterio
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Every boss Spider-Man encountered except for Mysterio.
- Cool Sword: Blade wields a single-handed machete-like sword.
- Deadly Dodging: One of the ways to take major health off Rhino in his boss battle.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Although Green Goblin, Scorpion, and Venom make it known that they're not Spider-Man's friends.
- Delicious Fruit Pies: Referenced by one of Spidey's quips.
- Dumb Muscle: Rhino, Sandman, and presumably Scorpion.
- Enemy Mine
- Evil Is Hammy: Every boss except Sandman. Doc Ock and Mysterio especially.
- Five-Man Band:
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Silver Sable and Scorpion both utilize lasers.
- Fun with Acronyms: PHANTOM stands for Perpetual Holographic Avatar Nano-Tech Offensive Monsters. And then there is of course, S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Genius Bruiser: This adaptation's version of the Lizard retains Dr. Conners' intelligence and personality.
- Lame Comeback:
First Scorpion and now Rhino. Huh, they're really scraping the bottom of the ol' villain barrel, eh? Who's next... Hypno-Hustler? Rhino:
I'll hypno-hustle you! Spidey: Ooh, nice comeback
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to the movies.
- Mythology Gag:
- In the first cutscene with Rhino, Spidey groans about having to face another of his old enemies, and wonders if the Hypno-Hustler (a lame one-shot villain in the comics) is next.
- And at the end when Nick Fury gets all of the symbiote shards, he has the S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists study them for use. He calls it "Project Carnage".
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie: The PHANTOMs, the main enemies throughout, are part robot and part symbiote alien. And some of them, depending on the place and type, are such combinations as robot-alien-samurai, robot-alien-mummy, and robot-alien-werewolf.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Fred Tatasciore and Roger Jackson channel Thomas Haden Chruch and Willem Defoe in their respective roles as Sandman and Green Goblin.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: In Versus Mode, when the combatants first face each other, they say a badass or snarky one-liner to prove their power.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Don't underestimate Iron Fist just because he wears yellow booties.
- Redemption Demotion: Once you beat the bosses and they join you, they become much weaker than when you had to face them.
- Role Reprisal: This games sees...
- Simple Staff: Silver Sable wields her bo-staff in melee.
- Spared by the Adaptation: The Goblins, Doc Ock, and Venom all died in the movies. In the game, they're alive and well.
- Spin Attack: One of Lizard's moves involves him whirling around in place, knocking all enemies away with his tail.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The New Goblin, who you only get after beating every level in the game. You don't even get to fight him and save him from Mind Control, he's just suddenly... saved.