We're dead. Pure evil. We sleep with the worms.
Created by Ed Long and Damien Glonek back in 1998, Living Dead Dolls are little dolls who died in an assortment of creative ways, and come packaged in coffins for you to enjoy, complete with death certificates. They are distributed by Mezco Toyz, and to date, there are over twenty series, not counting the Exclusives and Fashion Victims
. A complete listing of the dolls can be found in the Archive section of the official website.
Compare and contrast Little Apple Dolls
These dolls provide examples of:
- Buried Alive (Posey of Series 1 and Chloe of Series 12.)
- Corrupt Church (Sinister Minister and Bad Habit.)
- Creepy Child (Several dolls have shades of this, but The Lost is generally considered particularly eerie.)
- Everything's Deader With Zombies (Dawn. Get it?)
- Eye Scream (Tessa.)
Tessa was a tattletale
Who gossiped all she saw,
Until she got her eyes gouged out
Nerve endings and all.
- Exclusive doll Jeepers as well...
Jeepers had one eye through which
She would occasion a gruesome sight.
The other shone only beauty,
That everything was quite alright.
So she plucked out the peeper she thought was so unwell.
But it turns out she was wrong,
Now all she sees is truly hell.
- The Grim Reaper (Shows up in person in Series 15.)
- Historical-Domain Character (There's a doll of Lizzie Borden in Series 2 and one of Elizabeth Bathory in Series 15, as well as an Exclusive of Jack the Ripper. Dahlia, in the entertainment-themed Series 5, is based off the murdered actress Elizabeth Short, AKA The Black Dahlia.)
- Mix-And-Match Critters
sure loves her pet Muzzy.
Some parts are scaly and some parts are fuzzy.
- Monster Clown (Schitzo. It's even implied that he murdered another doll, Cuddles.)
He'll hand out balloons,
Then lop off your head.
He's playful and witty,
And also quite dead.
- Our Vampires Are Different (Series 19 is all vamp. And Lilith comes complete with stake.)
- Seven Deadly Sins (The dolls of Series 7 exemplify them.)
- Urban Legends (Series 17 was inspired by them, and includes a Vanishing Hitchhiker, among others.)
- Your Name Sounds Suspiciously Like Lucifer (Lou Sapphire, anyone?)