- Avatar: The Last Airbender:
- The Legend of Korra: From an over-enthusiastic sports announcer, regarding Mako:
"He's bobbing and weaving! He's WEAVING AND BOBBING!"
- When some of the older Woody Woodpecker shorts were aired on TV in the 60's via The Woody Woodpecker show, apparently SOMEBODY at the studios felt that it was necessary to add extra dialogue to the shorts which read clearly visible, readable signs. (i.e. In the TV cut of the short The Loan Stranger, when we first see the Sympathy Loan Company the new Woody Woodpecker dialogue reads out the large, plainly visible words on the buildings signs.) Thankfully, the Woody Woodpecker collections use the original, uncut shorts with no unwarranted, pointless editing done to them like this.
- This was probably done to cater for children, unable to read what the signs say. It's seen occasionally in some countries that have the practice of dubbing English cartoons in the local language.
- The taxidermist from the episode "Woody Dines Out": "It's a hundred-thousand dollars! Women! Automobiles! Women! Mansions! Women! Yachts! Women!"
- The Simpsons
- The Mayor Quimby for Mayor Mayoral Committee during his run for re-election.
- Homer in "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie": "I can't let that happen, I won't let that happen, and I can't let that happen!"
- Some of the Stonecutters' usual activities: "Beer busts, beer blasts, keggers, stein hoists, A.A. meetings, beer nights..."
- "Die Bart Die", Sideshow Bob's tattoo which he claims is German for "The Bart The". Technically it is, but it wouldn't really, since Bart would be masculine, so it'd be "Der Bart Der".
- "Call me Mr. Plow, that's my name! That name again is Mr. Plow!"
- "My Homer is not a Communist. He may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a Communist, but he is not a porn star."
- One episode also has The Trans-Clown-O-Morphs, transforming clowns that morph. Their enemies are the Dino-Robo-Bots.
- Kid from Shelbyville: "Look at the weak baby! You're stupid, you stupid weak baby!"
- Homer: "Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow."
- "All right, we'll give it a shot. I'll deal with those murderous trolls." "Huh?" "I mean... I'll deal with those murderous trolls."
- "L, the losers in her wake, I, the income she will make. T is for her tooth-filled mouth, T is for her tooth-filled mouth... "
- Marge: "They told us what to wear, how to dress, which clothes we should put on..."
- Homer sings the Oscar Meyer jingle in the tub: "My baloney has a first name, it's H-O-M-E-R...my baloney has a second name, it's H-O-M-E-R..."
- "I heard your dad went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant."
- "The brothel, the cathouse, the bordello..."
- Apu, from "Hurricane Neddy": "And a cement mixer full with hope, and some cement."
- Police Cops.
- In "Skinner's Sense of Snow," Principal Skinner's favorite holiday movie is The Christmas That Almost Wasn't But Then Was.
- "Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig does..." Justified as it's a parody of the 60s Spider-Man theme tune: "Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can..."
- In "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part 2", Lisa's descriptions of the suspects gradually fade into this: "night club owner Moe Szyslak"... "liquor connoisseur Barney Gumble" ... "dedicated educator Principal Seymore Skinner", and finally "grounds-tender Groundskeeper Willie"
- Marge: "Bart quit his tutoring job and joined a violence gang!"
- Apu: "I will just leave this money on the table with my unseeing back to the money on the table."
- When Marge became a businesswoman, she once attended a convention for businesswomen. The hotel where it took place had a welcoming sign reading "Welcome Lady Businessladies".
- The Powerpuff Girls:
- Used whenever Mojo Jojo speaks.
- When Bubbles gets hit on the head and thinks she's Mojo:
- And later in that episode...
Bubbles: I am not Bubbles! Bubbles is not my name! For the name Bubbles is not the correct name to address me by, because it is not my name! If you were to address me by the name Mojo Jojo, that would be correct, for my name is Mojo Jojo! And I will only be addressed by that name, which is Mojo Jojo! And furthermore it is not "we" who will rule the world — it is "I"! I, being Mojo Jojo, who is not Bubbles, shall rule this world alone, which is to say, without anybody else, and without anybody else shall I rule this world! And when this world is ruled by only one person, and not a collective group, that one person, who shall be ruling the world, will be none other than me, Mojo Jojo! Hahahahahahahaha!
- "That's all just well enough, because in reality there is only room enough in this world for one Mojo Jojo. One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one! Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out! So, the only Mojo Jojo there is room for in the world SHALL BE ME! And being the only Mojo Jojo in the world, I will rule the world, in which there is only one MOJO JOJO!!!"
- "There's only room for one Mojo Jojo" "I heard that!" "Yeah yeah, so did we. About a million times. We get it already!!"
- And then there's the episode when Mojo Jojo is assigned the job of teaching English, and manages to get the entire city talking like this.
- Linky to transcript of that episode. One example:
Mojo Jojo: Hello and good evening to you. I am Mojo Jojo, your instructor and the person who will be teaching you from this point forward. That is to say that as you are here representing the students of the class, I am here representing the teacher of the class. And as it is my job to teach, it is your job to learn — and in learning gain more intelligence than you currently have... [break] None of you passed! That is right! In the grading system, I would have assigned you all with an F — which, if I had control of the grading system, I would make the lowest grade a Z, since that is the final letter in the alphabet, which starts with A and ends with Z. But instead, the letter given for those who do most poorly is an F, seeing as it goes A, B, C, D, F, with the inexplicable skipping of E. Nonetheless, after that pathetic display, all of you would get an F, symbolizing FAILURE for your poor use of English!
Philippe (a French student): Pardon, monsieur, but all you did was ask of us our names, and that is what we answered with.
Mojo Jojo: Yes, and that is wrong, because it is boring and uninteresting and thoroughly bringing me to a state of unconsciousness! From those simple, pathetic names, I learn nothing! I am here to teach you proper English, and with that you are to learn proper descriptive and defining skills!
- Used in Animaniacs:
Baloney: (singing) I is for Imagine, M is for Me, A is for the letter A, G is for Gee, I is for... Imagine, N is for Nice, E for Egad! I said Imagine twice!
- Also used in the segment "All the Words in the English Language," where Yakko mentions "absent" and "libation" twice.
- Runt definitely loves repeating himself. Definitely, definitely loves repeating himself.
- Danny Phantom:
- Yin Yang Yo!, being produced by the same people who made Danny Phantom, features this bit almost word for word:
Carl the Evil Cockroach Wizard: I will be your judge, your jury, your executioner, executioner, and executioner!
Yang: Um, you said "executioner" three times.
Carl the Evil Cockroach Wizard: Well... there's three of you.
- An ad for 12 oz. Mouse had a cop with smoke around him explaining the effects of marijuana: short-term memory loss, infertility, slowed reaction time, and short-term memory loss.
- The Critic
Slade: You're going to miss my "hoo-hah", my tangoing, my blind driving, my "hoo-hah"...
Charlie: You said that already!
Slade: I say that a lot. Hoo-hah!
- In The Boondocks episode "It's a Black President, Huey Freeman", Werner Herzog asks this question to Huey Freeman:
"Now that it looks like Obama
is going to win, as a Black African-American Negro, are you very excited, or are you extremely
- Lobo in Superman: The Animated Series makes sure Supes gets his name right:
Lobo: The name's Lobo. That's "L" as in "Lacerate", "O" as in "Obliterate", "B" as in "disemBowel", and "O" as in... Eh, I guess I can use "Obliterate" twice, huh, what do you think?
- Used in Freakazoid!:
Hey, what is this place? Palm Trees... Hula girls!
... Pineapples... Hula girls!... Surfboards... Hula girls!... Hula girls!... Hula girls!... Of course, it all adds up! I've somehow landed in Norway! Freakazoid:
This is very used, and there's good stuff comin' on... good stuff. I'm laughing on the inside. Good stuff.
- Can we look at the hula girls again? I like those. Hula...girls
Guitierrez : You are the weenie! And now I will have my revenge! It is because of you that I spent six long months locked away in a prison cell...six months caged like an animal in a cage!
- Back in the day (to be more precise, the 1930s animated short What, No Spinach?), Wimpy once showed Popeye a menu that said "Hamburgers, Roast Duck, Hamburgers, Soup, Hamburgers."
Popeye: Nice selection you got there.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick and SpongeBob are stuck in Sandy Cheeks' Treedome during the winter, and they comment on how cold they are.
I'm so cold I'm shivering! SpongeBob:
I'm so cold I can use my nose drippings as a pair of chopsticks! Patrick:
I'm so cold... I'm shivering!
- In the episode "Something Smells", SpongeBob asks Patrick what he ate. This conversation takes place:
Patrick: Some roast beef, some chicken, a pizza...
SpongeBob: No, I just meant this morning.
Patrick: Some roast beef, some chicken, a pizza...
- in this same episode we see SpongeBob's weekday to-do list consists of "Go to work, go to work, go to work, go to work, go to work..."
- And in the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick found a submarine:
Bye Squidward! Bye Mr. Krabs. (In a more sensual voice) Bye Squidward. Patrick:
You said bye to Squidward twice. SpongeBob: I like Squidward.
- There's also the episode where Mrs. Puff is thrown in prison. She's trying to remain optimistic by thinking of things she won't have to worry about when she stumbles across not having to put up with Spongebob. After that, she continues to list off things (paraphrased): "No more driving lessons, no more Spongebob, no more traffic jams, no more Spongebob, no more late nights, no more Spongebob, no more Spongebob, NO MORE SPONGEBOB!!!"
- There is an episode entitled "The Bad Guy Club for Villains".
- "Can You Spare A Dime?":
: Are you accusing me of something? Mr. Krabs
: Well, the way I see it, you have three possibilities
: one, you stole it; two, you stole it; or three, YOU STOLE IT!
Squidward: Are you accusing me of something?
Mr. Krabs: Well, the way I see it, you have three possibilities: one, you put the dime in me pants; two, you put the dime in me pants; or three, YOU PUT THE DIME IN ME PANTS!!
- In the episode "Safe Deposit Krabs" there's a bank that opened up called the "Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank".
- "The Camping Episode"
Patrick: Well, maybe it's stupid, but it's also dumb!
- This dialog from "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" comes rather close:
Patrick: Well, you're still yellow. And you know what else is yellow?
Patrick: You are!
SpongeBob: It's no secret that the best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, therefore secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets...secretly.
- From the pilot episode "Help Wanted"
: There it is. The finest eating establishment ever established for eating.
- In the same episode we also get:
Mr. Krabs :Can you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. A smelly smell that smells...smelly. Anchovies. ANCHOVIES!!!
- From "Sandy's Rocket" when describing what SpongeBob said the aliens are doing to their environment.
Patrick :So you mean to say they've taken what we thought we think and they are making us think our thoughts we've been thinking our thoughts we think we thought?! I think?
- In the episode "Big Pink Loser" Patrick accidentally receives SpongeBob's award, which he has received "For outstanding achievement in achievement."
- The PBS show WordGirl had a short that illustrated the meaning of the word "redundant". Lady Redundant Woman was a villainess who could create copies of herself and liked to use several words that meant the same basic thing when one would do ("You're perplexed... confused..." etc. as she gloats). She came to the heroine's attention when she stole a sofa, a couch, and a futon. Also works in a copier store and when asked to make white copies, she makes them in pearl, ivory and plain ol' white.
- Family Guy:
Car Salesman: Oh, that's just an old tank I use for those commercials where I declare war on high prices! Now, about that sedan...
Peter Griffin: Na-nnnya na dub yeh... hang on there slick, now I see your game! We come in here wanting a practical car but then you dangle this tank in front of me and expect me to walk away. Well I may be an idiot but there is one thing I am not sir... and that, sir, is an idiot. Now I demand you tell me more about this tank!
Car Salesman: Weh-ee-ell, if you're looking for quality then look no further.
Peter Griffin: That's more like it! Tell me, what are the tank's safety features?
Car Salesman: What a good-looking question! Three inches of reinforced steel protects your daughter from short-range missile attacks.
Peter Griffin: I see — and does the sedan protect against missiles?
Car Salesman: It does not.
Peter Griffin: Nyeaaah... you hear that Meg? Yeah, that does not protect against missiles. See these, these are the questions, this is why I'm here.
Brian: Peter — you can't be serious: this is a thirty ton war machine!
Peter Griffin: Nyeah... I'm still not sure...
Car Salesman: Did I mention the tank is a tank?
Peter Griffin: Sold!
- When Jesus becomes famous in the episode "I Dream of Jesus," one newspaper runs the headline "Jesus Is Bigger Than Jesus."
- "At Wilkin's Hundai and Subaru, we have Hundais and Subarus!".
Vice-Principal Bone: Let me repeat myself: Let me repeat myself.
- The superhero Man-o-Steel Man.
- In an episode of Tripping the Rift, Chode McBlob explains what it takes to be a man:
Chode: Being a man takes years of fighting and screwing and drinking and whoring. And fighting a little more and then a lot more drinking and then more whoring if there's time.
- The Tick:
Evil Midnight Bomber: Boom, baby boom! I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!!
- Jim Moralès of Code Lyoko is fond of repeating himself in his speeches. Here's a noteworthy example:
Jim: May I remind you that in the evening, girls and boys are prohibited from straying from their respective floors. Okay, for any of you who might be thinking of trying to pull anything, remember that the floors are different from each other in that either is upstairs from, or downstairs from, the one above. Girls are upstairs, and boys downstairs. Coming and going through upstairs to downstairs and from downstairs to upstairs are strictly forbidden. If I ever catch anyone going from downstairs upstairs or anyone going from upstairs to downstairs, he or she is really going to regret it stairs.
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness has the villain Hundun, who practically lives and breathes this trope.
Hundun: My revenge will be like a poison river of molten iron that drips and burns like iron that has been melted and now drips... and burns.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog. Freaky Fred episode.
Eustace: The freak's a barber. A freeeaky barber. With his own freaky barber shop. Where freaky things happen. Freaky barber things!
- In one episode of Sushi Pack, The Collector takes a moment to explain exactly how he captured the Pack members using toy cars.
"So I broke into the store last night and added remote controlled controllers that I could control *pause
- He then offers them a chance to race for their freedom, leading to the following exchange:
How do we know you won't use your remote control to control our cars (pause)
remotely? The Collector:
Because I promise not to? I may cheat and steal, but I never lie.... Except sometimes about cheating and stealing.
- Describing Sir Darkly in "No Clowning Around":
Maguro: He's bad!
Tako: He's mean.
Maguro: He's cold!
Tako: He's mean.
Maguro: He's creepy!
Tako: He's mean!
Maguro: You're repeating yourself.
- Lucius lists off a number of things that make life worthwhile in one episode of Jimmy Two-Shoes, only for his girlfriend to point out that he listed "misery" three times. His response: "I like misery!"
- Invader Zim:
- GIR provided us with this gem while disguised as a government agent: "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."
- Not to mention GIR's "Doom Song", which lasts for six months (continuously, non-stop) and consists entirely of: "Doom doom da-doomm doom doom doom doommy doom-doom, doom-doom da-doom"
- Mysterious Mysteries (Of Strange Mystery).
- "There's waffle in 'em!" (Stated, of course, with regard to waffles. That is what they were.)
- "They've locked down their fortress. With locks!"
- Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends repeats himself often. From Cheese-A-Go-Go:
Frankie: "Please, listen to me and listen carefully. I have had a crazy day. I can forget all about the sandwiches, dentists, courthouses, the brain-sucking aliens from the outer who-knows-where..."
Frankie: "...as long as I can find out one teeny, tiny thing: Louise, where does Cheese have to go?!"
Louise: "I dunno. Sometimes he just likes to go. See? Look at him go."
- The hobbies of Johnny Bravo are "women, girls and chicks".
- And babes! Don't forget babes!
- Master Hama does this with Johnny during training.
Master Hama: "Watch, look, listen, and watch."
Johnny: "You said watch twice."
Master Hama: "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!"
- Mayor Flitter Flutter, a new character in My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure talks this way.
"We need to make our wishes now, quickly, A.S.A.P."
"I am here! I have arrived! I have reached my destination."
- This is the Verbal Tic of Angela Anaconda, who has this as her Verbal Tic
- In Aladdin, Iago says "We gotta get out of here. Bring the guns, the weapons, the knives!" Why say "the guns" and "the knives" when they are also weapons? And what weapons do Jafar and Iago have that are not the guns and the knives?
- A better question is why the hell do they have guns in medieval...Persia-lookalike?
- In one episode, Genie introduces himself as being with the Federal Bureau of Bureaucratic Bureaucracy.
- At the start of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode "Birth of a Salesman", Robotnik is so cheesed off at Scratch and Grounder, he apparently starts to run out of insults:
Robotnik: Nincombots! Metal morons! Idiots! Robotic rejects! Seditious slabs of insalubrious circuitry! You... you... you nincombots!
Scratch: Excuse me, Your Viciousness, you already said that.
Robotnik: Then allow me to repeat myself yet again! You are nincombots!
- Occasionally invoked in Phineas and Ferb.
Candace: Stay away from me, and my friends, and my gelatin that I don't want ruined with your ruiny ruinness.
- After Doofenshmirtz puts out a campfire.
Doofenshmirtz: You know, fire is the leading cause of fire.
Phineas: ...you sat there and let us help an evil scientist open an evil portal into an evil dimension!
- Or this Running Gag from "Isabella and the Temple of Sap".
: Its up at the Old-Abandoned-Old-Abandoned Amusement Park. Isabella
: Did you just say "Old-Abandoned-Old-Abandoned"?
- Though at least that one had an explanation. It was originally called the "Old Abandoned Amusement Park", and later became old and abandoned.
- The most glorious lampshading of this is in "Doof Dynasty", and the "Redundant Scribe of Redundantness", who has apparently dedicated his life to upholding this trope. Every name he comes up with for something involves this (Uncrossable River of Uncrossableness, for example), and he speaks by saying the same thing over and over again in different ways ("Sorry! Excuse me! My bad! Mea culpa!").
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz once bought two pet crocodiles, each named Susan. He named them after each other.
- Professor Kevin Destructicon, to whom Doofenshmirtz was once apprentice to, intended to set the sun on fire. Even Doof understood the redundancy of this redundant idea.
- When Doofenshmirtz made evil clones of Perry to fight fire with fire, he explained that, by fire, he meant Perry the Platypus and that the other fire also meant Perry the Platypus. note
- When Doofenshmirtz accidentally turned Carl evil, Carl made an army of robot duplicates of most of the main and supporting cast. One of them was Norm, who is already a robot.
- The Angry Beavers: "Spooty spoothead."
- From The Cleveland Show:
Cleveland Jr.: Rallo, are you done with the Internet? Because I need to find some data about building a rocket for the school science fair, because they're having a science fair at school, and I want to build a rocket for it.
- In the King Midas episode of Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child, Midas is given the golden touch by a Dream Diva. When he wakes up the next morning, he doesn't seem to have the touch and wonders, "Was the dream diva just a dream...diva?"
- The Idiosyncratic Episode Naming of the Pith Possum segments of The Schnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show. "The Phantom Mask Of The Dark Black Darkness Of Black", anyone?
- In Life With Louie, after Louie has a bad experience with a tornado and his school principal devises a complex (and expensive) 11-step program to cure him of his agoraphobia, the following exchange occurs:
Andy: Thanks a heap, but I think we'll carry out our own three-step program. Step one, you leave. Step two, I cure Louie myself. Step three - you leave.
Principal: Well, that was step one.
Andy: Well, you're still here, aren't you?
- Alejo's catchphrase in Alejo And Valentina: "How about we go eat food?"
- In an episode of Sit Down, Shut Up the main cast creates a(n incredibly poor) musical based on High School Musical. At the night of the premiere, the banner above the entrance points out that it's a musical three times.
- From Futurama:
Zoidberg: My first clue came at 4:15, when the clock stopped. My second clue came two hours later, at 4:15, when I found the murdered body of Amy's dead, deceased corpse.
- The New Justice Team theme song embodies this trope. The first verse:
Go go go New Justice Team
Team, team, team
Who's the newest Justice Team?
The New Justice Team!
- All throughout Into The Wild Green Yonder, there's a Running Gag of people saying "cell phone telephone."
- From "The Prisoner of Benda":
Bender: I have everything I ever wanted. Money. Wealth. Riches.
- In "Love and Rocket" Leela mentions her "mutual breakup with Shawn that was totally mutual".
- Season 2 episode 3 starts with the title "Futurama" and caption "From the makers of Futurama".
- In "The Duh-Vinci Code" Fry sabotages Da Vinci's machine by (wait for it...) nailing a nail in with another nail.
- South Park LOVES using this trope:
- Randy Marsh: If we’re still alive in the morning, then we’ll know we’re not dead.
- "Spontaneous Combustion", when Whoopi Goldberg announces the nominees for an award:
Republicans are so stupid. [beat]
I hate Republicans. [beat]
Republicans are so stupid.
- "That dog is a gay homosexual."
- The song "Christmas Only Comes Once A Year" from "Woodland Critter Christmas".
- When Chef takes the boys to the John Edward show to try to communicate with Kenny.
John Edward: And, and this wasn't, this wasn't a good death. It was like a, it was a sad death. It was like a, it was like a death that made people sad. Does that make sense?
- An episode of Regular Show had Rigby master the Death Punch of Death.
- Also, in "Grilled Cheese Deluxe":
Ribgy: It's supposed to say Rigby but they misspelled my name wrong.
- The R.E.G.I.S Mk5 is invincible. Your pathetic weapons cannot harm the R.E.G.I.S Mk 5, which is invincible.
REGIS: The REGIS Mk.5 is invincible. No weapon forged by such a primitive species can defeat REGIS, which is invincible.
- The Transformers classic "City of Steel" brings us this memorable line as Mirage, Ratchet and Hound wrestle a robotic alligator.
Mirage: This alligator is big and heavy!
Optimus Prime: From the looks of it, I'd say a little of both!
- Space Ghost's The Brak show starring Brak!
- From The Problem Solverz episode "Zoo Cops":
Roba: Occult magic uses weird symbols that look weird.
- Pinky and the Brain. Snowball is "an evil mutant hamster bent on evil!"
- Transformers Prime's Starscream combines this with "Blind Idiot" Translation in the Hungarian dubbing, with the following line: "Who was the student of my former master, just like me."note
- In The Fairly OddParents!:
- In, "That Old Black Magic", Timmy told an Anti-Fairy to "Stop hurting my mom and ruining my day... and hurting my mom!"
- From "A Wish Too Far", with regards to Cosmo and Wanda's popularity chart:
Timmy: 99.9% Timmy; .1% other. What's "other"?
Cosmo and Wanda: Timmy!
- "The Gland Plan": "Anti-Cosmo is the opposite of Cosmo! He is smart, evil and...smart!"
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
Pinkie Pie: Maybe Gilda isn't a big, mean, grumpy, mean meanie-pants. Maybe I'm just a big, jealous, judgmental, jealous jealousy-pants.
- Twilight has a book called The Astronomical Astronomer's Almanac to All Things Astronomy.
- Episode 23 contains this gem of a line: "We've been BFFs forever!"
- Twilight's recursive checklists in "Lesson Zero".
- In "May the Best Pet Win", Rainbow Dash says she'll be testing the prospective pets for, among other things, "coolness, awesomeness, and radicalness." Twilight points out that they're the same thing, but Dash disagrees.
- The extended opening song has the line "What a wonderful wonder friendship brings".
- Coach McGuirk from Home Movies tells Melissa she doesn't "have to say say every every word word twice twice."
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast: "Zorak! Living with you is like living in a living nightmare!"
- The speech patterns of the Kraangs in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) are ridiculously repetitive. Here's an exchange they have along with Snake before the turtles show up, much to his (Snake's) annoyance:
Snake: They'll be here any minute.
Kraang #1: Kraang, are those who are coming to this place coming to this place?
Kraang #2: I lack that knowledge, Kraang. I will inquire of Kraang about that knowledge. Do you have the knowledge if those coming to this place are near this place, Kraang?
Snake: They're TURTLES! Call them turtles! "Are the turtles here?!"
Kraang #3: There are lights of a vehicle which contain that which you wish us to call "the turtles" coming to this place, which you wish us to call "here".
Snake: What are you talking about?!
- Another gem, after hearing a scream from out of sight:
Kraang #1: Kraang, go to the place where the thing that makes the noise is, and tell us what makes the noise in that place.
- Jacob Two-Two always repeated things twice, because nobody heard him the first time.
- VeggieTales: "And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song."
- Gravity Falls: "Rock That Looks Like a Face" Rock: The Rock That Looks Like a Face.
Stan: OH, MY HEAD! IT HIT ME RIGHT ON MY HEAD!
- Super Friends 1973/74 episodes
- "The Androids". While Loco is on guard duty outside their secret facility he calls Dr. Rebos on a walkie talkie and tells him "Two trespassers are trespassing!"
- "The Fantastic Frerps". A Troubalert message comes through. Wendy reads it off as "Killer whale gone berserk in the Pacific Ocean". Seconds later Marvin looks at the Troublealert's screen and says "That whale's gone berserk!"
- In 2013 [adult swim] unveiled a pilot for a cartoon called King Star King. He's a manly and amicable demigod named Star King. He also IS a king. Thus, King Star King.
- In the My Gym Partner's a Monkey episode "The Little Mermonkey", Adam and Jake go into a trench referred to as "The Chasm of the Abyss of Darkness" (a chasm by definition contains an abyss, and an abyss by definition has little or no light).
- On Rugrats Angelica orders Chuckie (whom she's convinced to be her servant after she saves him from being run over) to follow her to the upstairs closet.
Chuckie: The upstairs closet?! That's all the way upstairs!
Angelica: No duh, Chuckie.
- In the Rocket Power episode "Lost and Find," the kids find Mackenzie separated from her parents, and at one point she issues the following demands:
Mackenzie: I want a Freezie-Freeze, and a soda, and a pizza, and a soda...
Twister: You said soda.
Mackenzie: I want another!
- In the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Camera Shy", Heffer and Filburt give us this priceless moment while spying on Rocko, who is nude descending the staircase.
Heffer: He's completely... naaaked...
Filburt: With no clothes on!
- Lampshaded by Margaux Kramer on the Punky Brewster cartoon episode "Punky To The Rescue." The kids are trying to catch a so-called swamp monster, so Margaux is used as bait:
Punky: Smile! Look pretty!
Margaux: Don't be redundant!
- Dave the Barbarian: "Thinking quickly, Dave constructs a homemade megaphone using only some string, a squirrel, and a megaphone."
- An Al Brodax cartoon concluded with Popeye—following an atypical Olive Oyl moment—stating that "I'll never understand women of the opposite sex!"
- From Popeye himself, one of his catch phrases: "That's all I can stands 'cuz I can't stands no more!"
- From a Clarence title card: "Also breakfast is an important part of a nutritious breakfast." The President probably said it.
- Once, the Wonder Pets saved a "baby kitten." Another time it was a "baby egg."
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law had the Sebben & Sebben mission statement which combines this with buzzword gibberish:
"Putting clients first by putting employees first, immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibilities and leveraging profitability towards exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first."
- Steven Universe Starring Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Steven otherwise known as the Crystal Gems.
- And then there's this from "Steven vs Amethyst":
Pearl: What did you two do?! You ruined the ruins!
- An episode of American Dad! has Hayley going to work for a company called "Businesscorp Industries Corp Incorporated".
- The Flintstones episode "Peek-A-Boo Camera" has Fred and Barney finding out that they've been caught on film at a bachelor party and fear their wives finding out their lie to them.
Fred: If our wives see that film, we're dead!
Barney: Worse, Betty will kill me!