- Anything that fits into the "X Y is X" meme (where X is an adjective and Y is a noun), like "Obvious troll is obvious◊". Spawned from "Longcat is long."
- In Yahtzee's review of Dead Space, he sums up the game's faults thusly:
It's repetitive, it's riddled with clichés, You could replace the entire cast with puppy dogs and they still wouldn't be likable, it's repetitive, and despite its original ideas, it somehow fails to kill the feeling that you've seen it all before. All in all, it comes across as the sort of thing you'd get from a soulless video game generating machine if you fed an Aliens
box set into the slot and asked for something less compelling. And more repetitive
Yahtzee: Have I mentioned that I wrote a novel and you can pre-order it from Amazon and Amazon.co.uk? Well, I wrote a novel and you can pre-order it from Amazon and Amazon.co.uk.
- In her Gag Dub of Harry Potter the German YouTube comedian Coldmirror features the "unsichtbar machenden Unsichtbarkeitsmantel, der unsichtbar macht" (Translation: invisible making invisibility cloak which makes you invisible")
- "Yup. Sorry. The Lich King is going to die. Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas" Said in a post by Boubouille of mmo-champion.com (There is a smallish meme about Kael'thas' death(s) being merely a setback)
- A note from the unprofessional, arrogant, unprofessional, insensitive, unprofessional, immature, inconsiderate, unprofessional, irresponsible, unprofessional, juvenile, unprofessional, tactless and unprofessional Wall of Shame founder and caretaker (or more appropriately, "crap-taker"... you'll see), Emerson
- COME HAVE SEX WITH MY VAGINA
- This video review of the legendary video game Superman 64 ironically praises the game's features: "The fight moves!... The giant eels!... The explosions!... The rings!... The rings!... The rings!..."
- Gavin's list of enemies in the KateModern episode "Deal with the Devil" consists of the names "The Watcher, Patricia Neilson, Dave, Tariq, Lee, Kate" repeated three times over, followed by "TERRENCE" ten times.
- The Department of Redundancy Department and the Repetitive Department of Repetition are actual departments in the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. Reporting to them is very annoying as the agents have to repeat everything in a slightly different way at least once.
- The title character from The Redundant Man Who Was Redundant is called Steven Stevenson II. He works in the Department Of Redundant Acronyms with his secretary, Dora.
- "Author’s Note: Funnily enough, I agonized forever over whether to call this story 'The Redundant Man' or 'The Man Who Was Redundant'…"
- Done several times for comic effect in a certain review of FATAL, with such lines as:
Here, in fact, is where stupid and vicious and offensive and juvenile and brutal and stupid join together like a multiple-robot Transformer and destroy anything in the universe that is even close to being good or nice or true or good.
- The Evil League of Evil in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse, he's bad!
- The Nostalgia Critic gets this gem in his review of the animated Titanic movie:
Nostalgia Critic: Some Italian fart over in Italy...
- The Cinema Snob is a fan of this trope:
If I want to watch a Terminator II
movie, I'll watch real Terminator II
movies like Terminator 2
, thank you very much. Cinema Snob:
I knew The '70s
were... seventies but I didn't realise they were that
seventies. Cinema Snob:
I would rather date a bipolar manic depressive... again.
- This I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC video:
Deadpool: The members of the Skrull Throneworld have conquered Earth through murder, torture, intimidation, and murder.
Wolverine: You said "Murder" twice"
Deadpool: I like Murder
Deadpool: The Skrull will not be able to help themselves from imagining the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands. And the edge of our knives. And the edge of our knives that come from our hands.
- Sir Ron Lionheart's Let's Play of div-r-6-HM Mega Man X, part 1:
Ron: It's so heavy metal, it's so heavy metal!
- raocow's "cat planet cat planet planet cat cat planet" LP of cat planet.
- This LOLCats.
- This hilarious Uncyclopedia page.
- Syd Lexia created a list of The Top 100 Virtual Boy Games Ever. ALL of them are Virtual Boy Wario Land.
- From the Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series movie:
Anubis: You're going to die. And then you'll be dead. Because I killed you.
- An impressive one from Code MENT:
- Theodore Gray created a "periodic table table", which collects samples of (almost) all known elements in the periodic table in slots in an actual table. It became so popular that he decided to sell printed posters of it and announced their availability on Usenet. Promptly, it was pointed out that if he ever repeated that announcement, he might become a periodic periodic table table poster poster. (This isn't actually an example of redundancy...).
- In Living in Oblivion, Nondrick kills a bandit by administering a lethal dose. A lethal dose of death.
- A rather classic line from The Tourettes Guy: "Suck my dick...or cock!!"
- Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music uses this term to describe Funky House.
- The Nostalgia Chick says "gets killed to death" in her review of Dragonheart.
- Atop the Fourth Wall has a Santa Claus Conquers the Martians comic with the line "Obediently, Torg obeys." Linkara comments that "Redundantly, the comic is redundant."
- His review of Superman #701 has him accidentally say that Superman solves problems "of all sizes, big and large." Lampshaded in an annotation: "Editing your script? What's that?"
- This Cracked article has a list of DMX's criminal charges:
Assault, Possession of Illegal Substances, Possession of an Illegal Weapon, Animal Cruelty, Driving Without a License, Possession of Illegal Substances, Possession of False Identification, Possession of Illegal Substances, Impersonating a Federal Agent, Hijacking a Car, Possession of Illegal Substances, and finally, Possession of Illegal Substances.
- In a column on stock photos: "Sure, I may be crazy, but at least I'm crazy."
- All of the articles on Bulbapedia about Pokémon species have page titles that appear as "(insert Pokémon name here) Pokémon".
- Justified as you could be searching for the cards of the same name.
- MarzGurl points this out in her The Land Before Time XII review after this line: "Many changes had occurred on this Day of Changes."
- Happens a lot with The Irate Gamer. His quotes page has multiple examples.
- According to Wikipedia, "A leather jacket is a type of clothing, a jacket made of leather."
- Cheesy Grill Cheese Tower.
- In episodes 18 and 19 of Warning Readers Advisory, Derek the Bard is stranded in "THE IN-BETWEEN PLACE! THE PLACE THAT IS IN-BETWEEN!" And it is always referred to with those two statements.
- A Very Potter Sequel: "Everything I've ever read tells me those urban legends are just old wives' tales."
- The original has Draco's rant about "traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels..."
- Go search "recursion" on Google. Right now. This very moment.
- In a LP collaboration of Battletoads by ProtonJon, NintendoCapriSun, SuperJeenius, and PCULL 44444, we get this (Cluster F-Bomb warning)
- In this Poundland Special by Ashens he reviews a hat with a label that reads "Outdoor Hat."
- The Cocaine Energy Drink website posted a message from the FDA that explained to them, in great detail, why their product is not a dietary supplement or an alternative to the illicit drug. It included the sentence "As explained in greater detail below, dietary supplements are products that e (sic) intended to supplement the diet."
- From The Angry Video Game Nerd's "Nintendo World Championships" Review:
Nerd: They just cut out the logo with cheap paper and they glued it on...with glue.
- NationStates measures normality on the Average Standard Normality Scale.
- The Platoon Of Power Squadron. When it's title dropped, the gang have to come up with a team name on the spot, so they just throw together some terms they were using interchangeably in an earlier conversation.
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries: Lizzie in episode 33, talking about Darcy: "The only thing he wanted was for me to say that I liked popular music so that he could mock me with his mocking words, and his mocking face, and BEADY little mocking eyes!" Punctuated! For! Emphasis!, naturally.
- Many YouTube channels contain a link at the top of the descriptions of their videos that subscribe the user to the channel...just beneath the actual Subscribe button.
- The Adventures of Captain Bucky and his Space Marshals, in Outer Space.
- Being a parody of The Irate Gamer, Third Rate Gamer has a few of these:
- His description of Paperboy's music: "As you start playing you'll notice this horrendously horrendous music. It's driving me insane! Listen to it too much and it'll drive you to brink of insanity! This music is so bad that I'm about to go insane!"
- He describes Super Mario Bros. 2 as "a video game created by Nintendo for the Nintendo NES System System made by Nintendo."
- From his Home Improvement review: "More 'enemies'?! More dinosaurs?! More redundancy?! More redundancy?!"
- In Reasons to Celebrate! by Matt Santoro, Matt says that Victoria Day is big in Canada (where he lives), because they get to drink beer, let out fireworks, drink beer, see their family and friends, drink beer, get a day off paid, and drink beer.
- TEAM LADS ACTION NEWS TEAM!!!
- How To Basic occasionally indulges on this. For example, in his "How to make Dr. Pepper" video, his usual mish-mash of food includes adding Dr. Pepper.
- The RIP in Peace meme.
- Random Assault: Episode 013's title: "Post Apocalyptic Snowboard Apocalypse".