Nintendo World Championships
was a video game on the NES
named after the competition of the same name, which in turn was based on the one in The Wizard
. The cartridge contained three NES games.
The game is considered extremely valuable due to its rarity and relative prominence for a rare game. 90 gray cartridges were given to the participants in the Nintendo World Championships, and 26 gold cartridges were given to the winners of a Nintendo Power
giveaway.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This game contains examples of:
- Compilation Re-release: This game contains three NES games- however, they're only playable as far as being able to complete the competition challenges.
- End Game Results Screen: The game ends by tallying your individual scores to give your final results. It's justified due to its original use in a competition.
- MacGuffin: The gold cartridges that were offered as prizes for the Nintendo Power promotion serve as real life examples. Not all of them are accounted for.
- No Plot? No Problem!: Tetris does not have a plot, but it doesn't need one.
- Save the Princess: Super Mario Bros. is famous for this trope.