"I don't discuss my process."Kathryn Felicia Day (born June 28, 1979) is an American actress, gamer, independent filmmaker, and total nerd. Her best known television role was the Potential Slayer Vi on the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; she appeared as Penny in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and starred as Cyd "Codex" Sherman in the popular web series The Guild (which she also created and wrote), and has been a recurring guest star in recent seasons of Supernatural. In addition to being an actress and writer, she's also extremely smart; she was a National Merit scholar, began college at 16, and double-majored in mathematics and music at the University of Texas at Austin, graduating in the top 4% of her class. On August 11, 2015, she released her memoir, "You're Never Weird on The Internet (Almost)". Much to Felicia's surprise, the book has been a notable success, reaching #4 on the U.K. bestsellers list, and #3 on the prestigious New York Times bestseller list.
— Herself, Commentary! The Musical
Notable Felicia Day roles:
- Penny, fellow... laundry... person, in Dr. Horrible.
- Vi, Potential Slayer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7. Also featured in the season 8 comics.
- Creator and star of The Guild as Cyd "Codex" Sherman.
- Guild co-star Sandeep Parikh's web series The Legend of Neil, as a hilariously nymphomaniacal fairy who forces Neil (Link) into a lot of sex to recharge his health meter.
- Dollhouse as Mag, a survivor of the post-apocalyptic future in "Epitaph One" and "Epitaph Two".
- Veronica in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Zojja in Guild Wars 2
- Dr. Holly Martin in Eureka
- Tallis, an elven rogue in the Dragon Age universe. She stars as Tallis in the Web Series Dragon Age: Redemption, as well as in Dragon Age II DLC Mark of the Assassin (as an Ink-Suit Actor).
- Executive producer of Geek & Sundry. A Youtube premium channel/variety show of nerdy goodness (and Wil Wheaton)
- Charlie Bradbury in Supernatural.
- Virginia Sullivan/Red in Red: Werewolf Hunter
- Kinga Forrester, a mad in Joel Hodgson's upcoming Mystery Science Theater 3000 reboot.
- Adorkable: She often plays this attitude up when presenting "as herself" to the camera, such as in The Flog segments of Geek and Sundry, or when playing characters she writes for herself, such as Codex in The Guild. Typically this takes the form awkward pauses, walking back lines, embarrassed laughter, and other such things that are left edited into an otherwise scripted sequence.
- Bi the Way: Many of her characters are either this or just lesbians.Charlie: He's not my type.
Dean: What do you mean?
Charlie: He's not a girl.
- The Cast Show Off : In her appearance in an episode of Lie to Me. She's also shown playing violin in a second-season episode of The Guild.
- Gamer Chick: Her two-year addiction to World of Warcraft was what inspired her to create The Guild. Since Geek & Sundry launched she doesn't have as much time to play anymore, but every time a new A-list RPG comes out, her Twitter feed fairly explodes with anticipation.
- Genki Girl: The vast majority of her roles.
- Ink-Suit Actor: As Guest Star Party Member Tallis in Dragon Age II DLC.
- One of Us: She's more one of us than you are. Think about that for a minute.
- Promoted Fangirl:
- Squee!: Her response to discovering the website zooborns.com in this episode of the Flog.
- That Came Out Wrong:
"Whoa, I'm getting so narrow I can't even keep my finger in here. *realizes what she says and begins to lose it* That was not meant to be dirty!"
- During a Flog segment where she was learning how to crochet, Felicia made the opening in the item she was crafting too small.
Felicia: I didn't mean that!
- During the 2008 Comic Con panel for Dr. Horrible, when asked a question, she said she hadn't heard because, "I'm twittering under here." She didn't recognize the Double Entendre until the audience laughed and Neil Patrick Harris had some fun at her expense.
- While reviewing her performance in Mark of the Assassin, she called it "Playing with herself" and while it was meant to be a deliberate Double Entendre, she couldn't stop cracking up during delivery.
- While doing a Lets Play of Marble Madness with her brother Ryon, Ryon misspelled the player name he was trying to type and had to erase some letters. Except in Marble Madness the erase button is labeled "RUB". Felicia then advised her brother to "Rub it out". Cue spit-take.
- Toilet Humor: The woman LOVES fart jokes.
- Type Casting: Her roles follow a similar archetype of being primarily Adorkable Badasses. For example? Ninety percent of the roles we list above.