She is your new god.
''I don't discuss my process."
Kathryn Felicia Day is an actress, gamer, independent filmmaker, and oh yeah, total nerd
. Her best known television role was the Potential Slayer Vi on the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
; she appeared as Penny in Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
and stars as Cyd "Codex" Sherman in the popular web series The Guild
(which she also created and writes).
Notable Felicia Day roles:
- Adorkable: The crowning example of this trope.
- Bi the Way: Many of her characters are either this or just lesbians.
Charlie: He's not my type.
Dean: What do you mean?
Charlie: He's not a girl.
- The Cast Show Off : In her appearance in an episode of Lie to Me. She's also shown playing violin in a second-season episode of The Guild.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Isn't shy about cursing, and when she gets agitated, she goes off.
- Fiery Redhead
- Gamer Chick: Her two-year addiction to World of Warcraft was what inspired her to create The Guild. Since Geek & Sundry launched she doesn't have as much time to play anymore, but every time a new A-list RPG comes out, her Twitter feed fairly explodes with anticipation.
- Genki Girl: The vast majority of her roles. Also, generally the actress herself; the woman is 34, and at times (particularly in The Flog or Co-Optitude) shows all the emotional restraint of a sugared-up four-year old.
- Ink-Suit Actor: As Guest Star Party Member Tallis in Dragon Age II DLC.
- May-December Romance: Is in a long term relationship with 66 year old screenwriter Patrick Sheane Duncan.
- One of Us: She's more one of us than you are. Think about that for a minute.
- Playing Against Type: As Tallis.
- Promoted Fangirl
- Her role as Tallis in Dragon Age II was a promotion for her, having been a BioWare fan for years.
- In-universe, The Guild has her character Codex actually become employed by the creator of "The Game".
- Southern Fried Genius: Born in Huntsville, Alabama; raised in Alabama and Texas, graduated high school at 16 and was a National Merit Scholar, then was a double-major valedictorian in mathematics and music at UT-Austin, after she'd turned down an invitation to Julliard. Also enjoys home cooking, as she tweeted in July 2011.
Thank you to Eureka's craft services for having custard pie, because, as a Southerner, I'm aware this is the superior pie.
- That Came Out Wrong: During a Flog segment where she was learning how to crochet, Felica made the opening in the item she was crafting too small.
"Whoa, I'm getting so narrow I can't even keep my finger in here. *realizes what she says and begins to lose it* ''That was not meant to be dirty!"
Felicia: I didn't mean that!