Western Animation: Jacob Two-Two
Jacob Two-Two is the central character in an animated TV series produced by Nelvana, which is loosely based on a series of children's books created by Mordecai Richler.Jacob Two-Two is the youngest of five children and gets his nickname because he often says things twice since no one hears him the first time. The first book, Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang has been filmed twice (pun not intended), and there are references to it in the animated series.The animated series was put on hiatus in 2005, after running for 61 episodes.
The animated series provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless - Partly averted. Master spy X. Barnaby Dinglebat is helpful, at least. And Jacob's parents are pretty sharp.
- Almighty Janitor - Leo Louse, Principal Greedyguts' omnipresent henchman
- Alter Kocker - Jacob's grandfather
- Ambiguously Jewish - The rest of the family
- Between the yarmulkes, the celebration of Jewish holidays, the episodes that specifically refer to Jewish folklore and the names, Jacob's family is significantly more obviously Jewish than is average for this trope.
- The Ahnold - One-time Terminator parody Mr. D. Fender.
- Brother-Sister Team - The Fearless O'Toole and the Intrepid Shapiro (twins Noah and Emma) of "Kid Power"
- Could also be considered as The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, part-way, at least.
- Canada, Eh? - To make this series more Canadian than it already is, you'd have to dress up the entire cast in RCMP uniforms.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Buford
- Cool Old Lady - Mrs. Sweetiepie
- Digging to China - The tunnel in the school's staff room.
- Embarrassing First Name - Principal Greedyguts' first name is Ignatz.
- Embarrassing Middle Name - Buford's full name is Buford Orville Gaylord Pugh.
- Fat Bastard: Principal Greedyguts. It's even in the name.
- Four-Fingered Hands
- Gentle Giant - Gary, the Hooded Fang's alter ego.
- Gonk: Principal Greedyguts and Ms. Sourpickle.
- Gratuitous French - As you'd expect, Renée does this all the time.
- Sometimes qualify as Poirot Speak, when she uses simple phrases like "oui?" in the place of "right?"
- "Groundhog Day" Loop - "Jacob Two-Two's Time Trials"
- Honest John's Dealership - Carl Fester King
- Lean and Mean: Miss Sour Pickle
- Mad Scientist - "Old Man Leduc" looks the part (complete with Battle Butler), but he's really a veterinarian.
- Magic Feather - Gummer Gormley's hockey card
- Massive Numbered Siblings - Jacob is the youngest of five.
- McNinja - The Librarians!
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Gary is a gentle soul, and a bit of a chicken. However his wrestling persona, The Hooded Fang however is a pretty scary
- Meaningful Name - Lots of the adult supporting characters: I.M. Greedyguts, Miss Sour Pickle, Mrs. Darling Sweetiepie, Auntie Goodforyou, Sergeant Law and Corporal Order, Mrs. Bountiful
- Meganekko - Renée
- Jacob's mom
- Mundane Fantastic
- Our Prime-Ministers Are Different: Perry Pleaser
- Power Trio:
- Ego = Jacob
- Superego = Renée
- Id = Buford
- Punny Name - I.M Greedyguts
- Robot Girl - Ann in "Renee's Rival"
- Sadist Teacher - Principal Greedyguts and Miss Sour Pickle, both of whom look and act like they're on loan from a Roald Dahl book.
- However their science teacher Mr. Moleculus averts this, as he is a pretty decent guy.
- Stronger Sibling - In a way. Principal Greedyguts' identical twin Y. B. Greedyguts, who, despite his goody-two-shoes introduction, turns out to be even more evil.
- ¡Three Amigos! - Jacob, Buford, and Renée
- Unholy Matrimony: Fish and Fowl, a pair of crooks wanting to get rich.
- Villain Team-Up - In one episode.
- Vocal Evolution - By the end of the fifth season, Buford's voice actor has aged so much that his voice is pitched up to make him sound younger.
- Welcomed to the Masquerade: Jacob is admitted into Library Ninjas after he starts doing mundane volunteer work there, partially because he's the only kid left who takes reading seriously.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - Daniel. He's just cool that way.
Jackie Chan Adventures TurnOfTheMillennium/Western Animation Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks