Literature: Jacob Two-Two
Jacob Two-Two is the central character in a series of children's books created by Mordecai Richler, and an animated TV series produced by Nelvana loosely based on the books.Jacob Two-Two is the youngest of five children and gets his nickname because he often says things twice since no one hears him the first time. The first book, Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang has been filmed twice (pun not intended), and there are references to it in the animated series. Mordecai Richler died in 2001, but in September 2009 a new Jacob Two-Two book written by Cary Fagan was released.
The books provide examples of:
- A Boy and His X - in "Jacob Two-Two and the Dinosaur".
- All Just a Dream - The children's prison island.
- Author Avatar - Jacob's dad Morty is based on the creator.
- Write Who You Know - The children all share the names of Richler's children, many of whom have gone on to their own fame in literature, television and journalism.
- Character Name and the Noun Phrase - Used to title both the books and episodes of the animated series.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - The Hooded Fang