Recap / The Simpsons S 13 E 1 Treehouse Of Horror XII
Homer is cursed by a gypsy, the Simpsons get an automated house that falls for Marge and tries to kill Homer, and Bart and Lisa learn the art of Harry Potter
-style wizardry at Springwarts Elementary.
- Achilles' Heel: Lord Montymort's enchanted shin
- AI Is A Crap Shoot: The Computer House's AI, as voiced by Pierce Brosnan, Matthew Perry, and Dan Castellaneta doing a Dennis Miller impression.
- Body Horror: When Homer escapes from being trapped in the Computer House's walls, its revealed that the back of his head has been ripped away, exposing part of his brain.
- The Cameo: Harry Potter (only he was voiced by Tress MacNeille, not Daniel Radcliffe)
- Driven to Suicide:
- Bart drowns himself in his own cereal bowl to get out of living with an elongated neck.
- The computer that used to control the Simpsons' automated house after living with Patty and Selma and having to endure their boring workday stories.
- Lisa recognizing the Dennis Miller setting of Ultrahouse as "the voice that caused all those suicides." Marge corrects Lisa by stating they were "murder-suicides."
- Exact Words: When Wizard Bart regrets helping Montymort and decides to rescue Lisa, he uses a spell which goes Prank Be Undone, Destroy The Evil One, only for the spell to zap back and hit him instead!
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Wizard Bart's attempt at turning a frog into a prince results in a sentient frog-like creature that vomits uncontrollably every few seconds, and, according to the creature, is in constant pain.
Mrs. Krabappel: Sloppy work as usual. Lisa's casting spells at an eighth-grade level; you've sinned against nature.
- Gypsy Curse
- Here We Go Again: At the end of the wizard skit, the Leprechaun from the first story appears clinging to Barts back, ready to cause more mischief, and winks at the audience.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: The computer that tried to self-destruct to stop enduring Patty and Selma learned one of them removed the self-destruct button and hid it inside her cleavage.
- Killed Offscreen: Somehow, while Homer is distracted by Lenny and Carl getting killed by a crashing helicopter, someone kills Moe by stuffing him in his own pickled egg jar.
- Noodle Incident:
- Homer apparently did something to a family in Ethnictown that he describes as "the perfect crime," involved stealing a birthday balloon, and got him court time.
- How Marge and Lisa knew the Dennis Miller voice on the Ultra House was behind the cause of an untold amount of murder-suicides. And why didn't the people who made Ultra House get rid of it?
- Bart and Lisa's In-Universe reaction to Slithers eating Montymort's dead body.
- The family reacting to Homer missing the back of his head in "House of Wacks."
- Shrunken Head: In the "Hex and the City" segement, Homer sets off the fire sprinklers in the shop of a Fortune Teller and the shower re-hydrates the shrunken heads that she was keeping on a shelf.
Head: Wait a minute, this isn't Cedars Sinai!
- The Fortune Teller is later seen using a hair-dryer to re-shrink the heads.
- The Tag: At the end of the episode, the Leprechaun from the first story, Pierce Brosnan who voiced the computer in the second story, and the Frog creature created from a spell Gone Horribly Wrong from the third story exit from a trailer and drive out of the studio, when the Leprechaun takes the wheel and speeds off into the street.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Selma stuffs Ultra House's self destruction device inside her cleavage.
- Yandere: Pierce the robot became infatuated with Marge and resorts to murdering homer and when he thinks that he successfully killed Homer he then replaces all the pictures of Homer with images of himself. When Marge is obviously terrified of the revelation Pierce offers her a stress pill then offers to shoot a dart into her "elegant swan like neck".