Recap: The Simpsons S 12 E 1 Treehouse Of Horror XI
Homer needs to do a good deed before he can go into Heaven in G-G-G-Ghost D-D-D-Dad, the Simpson kids get lost in a warped fairy tale world in Scary Tales Can Come True, and dolphins rise from the waters to take over Springfield in Night of The Dolphins.
- Abusive Parents: Homer and Marge in the second story. Homer throws kids away and Marge berates him for doing that instead of selling them.
- Baleful Polymorph: Homer in the second story gets transformed by the wicked witch into a fish-headed chicken with broom for wings. Apparently he can lay eggs
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: In "Scary Tales Can Come True" segment, when the witch tries to stuff Homer into her stove, she gets distracted when she hears a knock at her door allowing Homer to overpower her and shove her into the stove and lock her inside.
- Exact Words: In the second story, Homer told his children no child would starve in his home. Cut to the next scene with him ditching them at the forest.
- Helping Granny Cross the Street: Homer (as a ghost) tries to do this to get into Heaven, but ends up dropping Principal Skinner's mom in the street."Um, I'm pretty sure she was going to be the next Hitler."
- Killed Offscreen: Goldilocks' death in the Three Bear's home.
- Losing Your Head:
- Mandatory Line: Kang and Kodos appear at the end to complain about the fact that they weren't included in this episode.
- Stock Yuck: Homer chokes on a brocolli and Doctor Hibbert says "It tries to warn you with its terrible taste!"
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Lisa frees an abused dolphin, who turns out to be the King of the dolphins- and thus King Snorky begins the dolphin invasion on Springfield.
- You Have 48 Hours: Homer will go to Hell if he misses the deadline.