Homer needs to do a good deed before he can go into Heaven in G-G-G-Ghost D-D-D-Dad, the Simpson kids get lost in a warped fairy tale world in Scary Tales Can Come True, and dolphins rise from the waters to take over Springfield in Night of The Dolphins.
- Abusive Parents: Homer and Marge in the second story. Homer throws kids away and Marge berates him for doing that instead of selling them.
- Always Chaotic Evil: The dolphins are this in the third story, especially after their king is freed, who then declares war on humans.
- Baleful Polymorph: Homer in the second story gets transformed by the wicked witch into a fish-headed chicken with broom for wings. Apparently he can lay eggs
- The Bad Guy Wins: The evil dolphins win the war, and banish all of Springfield to the sea.
- Brick Joke: A deleted scene showed that Abe would have exploded out of a dolphin after being swallowed by one earlier.
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: In "Scary Tales Can Come True" segment, when the witch tries to stuff Homer into her stove, she gets distracted when she hears a knock at her door allowing Homer to overpower her and shove her into the stove and lock her inside.
- Exact Words: In the second story, Homer told his children no child would starve in his home. Cut to the next scene with him ditching them at the forest.
- Helping Granny Cross the Street: Homer (as a ghost) tries to do this to get into Heaven, but ends up dropping Principal Skinner's mom in the street."Um, I'm pretty sure she was going to be the next Hitler."
- Killed Offscreen: Goldilocks' death in the Three Bear's home.
- Losing Your Head:
- Mandatory Line: Kang and Kodos appear at the end to complain about the fact that they weren't included in this episode.
- Papa Wolf: The first dolphin punched by Homer when the war between Springfield and the dolphins began was the baby dolphin that bit Lisa in the arm only seconds earlier.
- Stock Yuck: Homer is killed by brocolli, which is supposedly toxic in this story, and Doctor Hibbert says "It tries to warn you with its terrible taste!"
- Too Dumb to Live: Lisa removes a six-pack plastic ring from a baby dolphin, who then bites her in the arm. This was the last straw for Homer, and he punches it almost right away.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Lisa frees an abused dolphin, who turns out to be the King of the dolphins- and thus King Snorky begins the dolphin invasion on Springfield.
- You Have 48 Hours: Homer will go to Hell if he misses the deadline.