Homer clones himself with a magic hammock, Lisa's crusade to rid the town of guns resurrects outlaw zombies, and Dr. Hibbert turns island vacationers into animals.
- Ambiguous Clone Ending: Subverted.
- Black Is Bigger in Bed: During the gun banning, Lou says this:"Uh, this always made me feel like a man, you know? Now all I got is my enormous genitals."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: See Black Is Bigger in Bed.
- Four Is Death: Referenced in Kang and Kodos's token appearance:Kang: (seeing the Island of Lost Souls's skull shape) Look at that island shaped like our number four.
Kodos: Makes you think.
- Mythology Gag: One of the clones looked like the Homer from The Tracey Ullman Show shorts.
- Painful Transformation: Marge into a blue panther.
- Take That: Peter Griffin appearing as one of Homer's clones.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Homer's clones. When Homer decided to get rid of the clones, he took them to an empty area and asked which ones knew the way back home. After he shot the first one to raise a hand, other clones did it.
- And then after Homer gets rid of them, he then just tosses the cursed hammock out the window, giving the clones the chance to use it themselves.
- And then Homer himself being the first to chase a donut off a cliff when they (again) get rid of the clones.
- Whole Plot Reference: "The Island of Doctor Hibbert" is lighthearted parody of The Island of Doctor Moreau.
- You No Take Candle: The Homer clones talk like this.