Graveyard Shift provides examples of...
- Afterlife Express: The Hash-Slinging Slasher is supposed to arrive on the ghost of the bus that ran him over.
- Answer Cut:Squidward: This is ridiculous. Who would want a Krabby Patty at three in the morning?(Cut to Patrick's house as his alarm clock goes off)Patrick: Oh boy, 3 AM! (pulls a Krabby Patty out from under his blanket and starts eating it)
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: According to Squidward's story, the Hash-Slinging Slasher cut off his hand, replaced it with a rusty spatula, got hit by a bus, and got fired at his funeral.
- Can't You Read the Sign?: A customer arrives just as Squidward is closing the Krusty Krab. Squidward points to the "closed" sign, but the customer reads the menu's sign and insists on asking for a Krabby Patty anyway, then actually has the nerve to be upset when they won't take his order.
- Electromagnetic Ghosts: One of the signs that the Hash-Slinging Slasher is coming is that the lights will flicker on and off.
- Ghost Story: The Story of the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
- Ironic Echo: Spongebob gets the Hash-Slinging Slasher's name wrong when trying to repeat The Hash-Slinging Slasher as Squidward tells him the story. Later, when the Hash-Slinging Slasher apparently shows up for real, a terrified Squidward gets his name wrong as he tries to say "The Hash-Slinging Slasher".
- Ironic Echo Cut: When Squidward asks who would want to eat a Krabby Patty at 3:00 AM, we cut to Patrick, who has set his alarm to that exact time to eat a Krabby Patty.
- Medium-Shift Gag: The appearance of Nosferatu at the end.
- No Big Deal: Squidward at first is alarmed that there is green slime oozing from the walls, then he remembers that they always do that. Likewise, when Nosferatu is revealed to be the one who turned the lights on and off, the others react as if he were just a prankster.
- Spongebob at the beginning, gets scared of the dark as he runs out of the Krab to take out the trash, comes back in, hyperventilates heavily and... calmly says "piece of cake."
- Not So Final Confession: As the Hash-Slinging Hasher approaches...Squidward: SpongeBob, no matter what I've said, I've always sorta liked you!
SpongeBob: Squidward, I used your clarinet to unclog my toilet!
- Ominous Fog: Heralds the arrival of the ghostly bus that brings the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
- Rapid-Fire Nail Biting: SpongeBob goes from biting his nails to eating his own arms (which grow back) to eating arms out of a bucket.
- Real After All: After making up the story of the Hash-Slinging Slasher, Squidward suddenly finds that the events he described are happening, and a mysterious figure enters the Krusty Krab. Subverted when the "slasher" turns out to be the new nighttime fry cook.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The Slasher has glowing red eyes, which turn out to be the nostrils of the goofy looking fry cook.
- Rule of Three: There are three signs of the arrival of the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
Mr. Krabs begins dating Mrs. Puff with SpongeBob acting as his "financial adviser". Things seem to go smoothly until Mr. Krabs starts forcing SpongeBob to buy various gifts for Mrs. Puff.
Krusty Love provides examples of...
- Angrish: SpongeBob when he snaps at Mr. Krabs especially when he starts spouting gibberish which is apparently a bunch of swear words.
- Up to Eleven in the German dub, where actual bleeps are interspersed between his gibberish.
- Break the Cutie: SpongeBob loses it after he has to zigzag back and forth buying stuff for Mr. Krabs to give Mrs. Puff, then being berated for buying said gifts.
- Hypocrite: SpongeBob is asked to be Mr. Krabs' financial adviser after a date that landed him in a HUGE amount of debt of $100,000 in only THE FIRST DATE due to being blinded by love, thus Mr. Krabs would not be able to impulse-buy for Mrs. Puff. While that idea sounded good on paper, it doesn't last too long and proceeds to do exactly that. Out of loyalty to his boss, SpongeBob obeys... but the minute that SpongeBob returns with the requested item, Mr. Krabs proceeds to lash out at him when it was Mr. Krabs who asked him to buy said gifts in the first place.
- And while he attempted to own up to it, Mr. Krabs contradicts himself a few moments after apologizing and again, has SpongeBob shopping for things Mrs. Puff didn't even need... all the while blaming SpongeBob for spending his money.
- Ignored Epiphany: Mr. Krabs actually does acknowledge at one point that he isn't thinking clearly and that it isn't fair for him to be putting so much pressure on SpongeBob to buy things for Mrs. Puff, only to blow up at him a few seconds later for just doing as he asks... right before launching into a montage that ends with Mrs. Puff's front yard absolutely flooded with gifts.
- Interspecies Romance: Mr. Krabs (crab) and Mrs. Puff (pufferfish), obviously.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Despite his unpleasant behavior, Mr. Krabs does have leg to stand on in that he explicitly asked Spongebob not to let him spend any money, no matter what he might say or do to convince him otherwise. The problem is, Spongebob's Undying Loyalty, and his tendencies to be something of an Extreme Doormat really don't leave him equipped for a task like that.
- Medium-Shift Gag: When Mr. Krabs asks what happened to Mr. Puff, the camera cuts to a live-action puffer fish lamp, then back to SpongeBob saying "She doesn't like to talk about it." Also, the "imported music" played during Krabs' and Puff's date is played by a live actor playing the piano while wearing scuba gear.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Mr. Krabs' M.O. for the episode.
- Never My Fault: What eventually pushes Spongebob to his Rage Breaking Point.
- Mr. Krabs: Lad, I can't help it if you're lose with other people's money.
- No Matter How Much I Beg: Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob his wallet to keep him from spending any money on Mrs. Puff. The date doesn't last one minute before Krabs starts begging SpongeBob to buy something.
- Noodle Incident: The fate of Mr. Puff. All we know is that he's a lamp now and Mrs. Puff "doesn't like talking about it".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: A small but satisfying one, from Spongebob to Mr. Krabs.Mr. Krabs: SPONGEBOB! I'm glad I've caught ya! I need you to get Mrs. Puff—
Spongebob: WAIT! DON'T TELL ME! You want me to run to the store and buy Mrs. Puff something she doesn't need! And then you want me to run back here so you can say (imitates Mr. Krabs) "Argh, Spongebob you're spendin' all me money!" And then I'll say "But Mr. Krabs, I'm only doing WHAT YOU SAID!" And then you'll say "We're not talking about this (draws a triangle) or this (draws a square), we're talkin' about THISSSSS! (draws a ton of directionless squiggly lines).
- And when Mr. Krabs yells at Spongebob for buying Mrs. Puff a washing machine, then asks if she'd want a dryer to go with it, Spongebob launches into a... "colorful" response.
- Serious Business: Mr. Krabs being a penny short!
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: When Krabs gets the bill for his dinner, he insists that it must be a mistake. The waiter realizes that it is and gives him the real bill... which is apparently even worse.
- Tranquil Fury: "Well, Mr. Krabs. Do you know what I think?"