and Krusty Love
are episodes from Season 2 of SpongeBob SquarePantsGraveyard Shift
Mr. Krabs declared the Krusty Krab open 24 hours a day, much to Squidward's chagrin and Spongebob's delight. Squidward gets annoyed by Spongebob dancing around singing, "Night, night, night, night", and snaps, "Will you please-?! Here! Give me a moment's peace and take out the trash!" Spongebob does so, but gets scared of the dark outside the Krab. Squidward finds this amusing, and to scare him even more, tells him a ghost story about a fry cook that cut off his own hand and wore a rusty spatula in its place. Spongebob believes the story, but after assuring that it was all a joke, Squidward's story starts coming true...Krusty Love
Mr. Krabs begins dating Mrs. Puff.
Graveyard Shift provides examples of...
- Afterlife Express: The Hash-Slinging Slasher is supposed to arrive on the ghost of the bus that ran him over.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: According to Squidward's story, the Hash-Slinging Slasher cut off his hand, replaced it with a rusty spatula, got hit by a bus, and got fired at his funeral.
- Can't You Read the Sign?: A customer arrives just as Squidward is closing the Krusty Krab. Squiward points to the "closed" sign, but the customer insists on asking for a Krabby Patty anyway.
- Electromagnetic Ghosts: One of the signs that the Hash-Slinging Slasher is coming is that the lights will flicker on and off.
- Ghost Story: The Story of the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
- Ironic Echo Cut: When Squidward asks who would want to eat a Krabby Patty at 3:00 AM, we cut to Patrick, who has set his alarm to that exact time to eat a Krabby Patty.
- Medium Shift Gag: The appearance of Nosferatu at the end.
- No Big Deal: Squidward at first is alarmed that there is green slime oozing from the walls, then he remembers that they always do that. Likewise, when Nosferatu is revealed to be the one who turned the lights on and off, the others react as if he were just a prankster.
- Spongebob at the beginning, gets scared of the dark as he runs out of the Krab to take out the trash, comes back in, hyperventilates heavily and... calmly says "piece of cake."
- Not So Final Confession: As the Hash-Slinging Hasher approaches...
Squidward: SpongeBob, no matter what I've said, I've always sorta liked you!
SpongeBob: Squidward, I use your clarinet to unclog my toilet!
- Ominous Fog: Heralds the arrival of the ghostly bus that brings the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
- Rapid Fire Nail Biting: SpongeBob goes from biting his nails to eating his own arms (which grow back) to eating arms out of a bucket.
- Real After All: After making up the story of the Hash-Slinging Slasher, Squidward suddenly finds that the events he described are happening, and a mysterious figure enters the Krusty Krab. Subverted when the "slasher" turns out to be the new nighttime fry cook.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The Slasher has glowing red eyes, which turn out to be the nostrils of the goofy looking fry cook.
- Rule of Three: There are three signs of the arrival of the Hash-Slinging Slasher.
Krusty Love provides examples of...
- Angrish: SpongeBob when he snaps at Mr. Krabs.
- Break the Cutie: SpongeBob loses it after he has to zigzag back and forth buying stuff for Mr. Krabs to give Mrs. Puff, then being berated for buying said gifts.
- Medium Shift Gag: When Mr. Krabs asks what happened to Mr. Puff, the camera cuts to a live-action puffer fish lamp, then back to SpongeBob saying "She doesn't like to talk about it." Also, the "imported music" played during Krabs and Puff's date is played by a live actor wearing scuba gear.
- No Matter How Much I Beg: Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob his wallet to keep him from spending any money on Mrs. Puff. The date doesn't last one minute before Krabs starts begging SpongeBob to buy something.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: When Krabs gets the bill for his dinner, he insists that it must be a mistake. The waiter realizes that it is and gives him the real bill... which is apparently even worse.