, being an insanely popular Visual Novel
franchise and having a penchant for crazy, awesome, and badass situations, also happens to be a pool of huge memes generated by its fandom.
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme, if necessary.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
Tsukihime and Melty Blood
Kara no Kyoukai
Type Moon/Nasu in General
- Most, but not all, of the following memes are listed on the Type-Moon page on Know Your Meme, and several have individual pages to themselves.
- "People die when they are killed." Explanation
- More to the point, it's because Shirou doesn't. The Fate route has Shirou take mortal injuries at least six times, including being disemboweled, stabbed through the heart, and cut clean through from shoulder to hip, and his Healing Factor keeps him alive. He says this as he decides to give that power up so Saber can use it to stand a chance against Gilgamesh. What he was actually saying is that people are supposed to die when they're killed, so losing the power isn't a problem. Doesn't stop people from making fun of Shirou for this though.
- Arcueid Brunestud: "Don't be ridiculous! Dead people can't be alive!"
- Nanako: "Eh—Th-th-that's ridiculous! First of all, that person doesn't even die when killed!"
- Playable Caster: "All right! Now that this is all settled, we WILL survive until the end, even if it kills me!"
- Kamina: "A real man never dies, even when he's killed!"
- Renji Abarai: "Even if we kill you, you probably wouldn't die."
- L: "The thing you have to do, is die before getting killed."
- Asuna Kagurazaka: "I've been always worried about when he would get injured, of if he would get killed... But now he won't die even if "he" is killed."
- Nice: "I'll kill you if you die again!"
- Case in Point.
- "Alright, Shirou! Please put your... that! Y... Your pOnOs! To my... my... Here! .....My vagOOO!!! And J.. J... JAM IT IN!" Explanation
- Recharge your mana. Explanation
- I am gar for Archer. Explanation
- Unlimited ______ Works. Just fill in the blank with a noun and you can bring up wonders: Unlimited Häagen-Dazs Works, Unlimited Musket Works, Unlimited Every Military Weapon Works, and of course, Unlimited Blade Works. Bonus points if you created a special chant to go along with it.
- Fill-in-the-blank Archer version: Expand
- Fill-in-the-blank Shirou version: Expand
- Unlimited Essay Works.◊ Explanation
- Did you mean "Bane"?
- Fall/Semester Mike.
- "I ask of you: Are you my Master?" Explanation
- "This is a war which mucks around with women and children!" Explanation
- Being Lancer is suffering. Explanation
- KING OF HEROES, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS? Explanation
- Mongrels! Those swords are fucking patented! Explanation
- Ha! Know your place, mongrel!!!
- Rejoice, Shirou Emiya◊. Explanation
- Kirei's jogging◊ in Fate/Zero's eighth episode has reached a memetic status among the fandom.
- WAGA ARU G. Explanation
- Team NTR. Explanation
- KFC a.k.a. Kayneth's Fried Circuits. Explanation
- MOU IKKAI! Explanation
- E-Rank Luck. Explanation
- Yuetsu!! Explanation
- Ancient Hindu Spaceships! Explanation
- Happy Mother/Father/Children's Day, Kiritsugu!Explanation
- UNLIMITED BUDGET WORKS Explanation