Manga: Spirit Circle
"...You coward. I'll have you die seven more times."An ongoing series by the creator of The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer and Sengoku Youko.Fuuta Okeya is an Ordinary High-School Student, except with the ability to See Dead People. His life is disrupted by the arrival of a Mysterious Transfer Student, Kouko Ishigami. Accompanying her is a mysterious ghostly man.When Fuuta interacts with the man, he accidentally reveals his ability to Kouko, who seems to recognize it, and him, immediately. She then strikes him with a strange object called a Spirit Circle. Fuuta is propelled into a vision of a tragic past life. While there, he sees a past version of her as well.When he awakens, Kouko informs him that she intends to have him die seven more times - six more times from reliving his past lives, then, once he understands, she will kill him herself.It is available via simultaneous publication from Crunchyroll here:
Spirit Circle provides examples of:
- Ancient Greece/Ancient Egypt: In Fuuta's life as Flors, he is a Greek architect, contracted by an Egyptian noble to build a sphinx.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Averted. When female characters aee shown topless, their nipples are also shown.
- Human Sacrifice: This is the focus of Fone's life. The leaders of his village, including Stona, Kouko's previous incarnation, engage in ritualistic human sacrifice. When Fone's lover Rei is chosen, he attempts to stop it.
- Knight in Shining Armor: In his life as Vann, is a warrior in medieval Europe, though his task - to kill a "witch" who turns out to be another of Kouko's previous incarnations, is not as heroic as he wished.
- Mayincatec: Fone's life takes place in such setting.
- Reincarnation - this is the main story element. Fuuta must relive all his past lives via the use of the eponymous "Spirit Circle".
- Reincarnation Romance - It's either this, or Reincarnation Rivalry, as Fuuta and Kouko inevitably end up being a major part of each other's lives in every reincarnation cycle.
- Samurai - In Fuuta's fourth life, he lives as a humble blacksmith during the time of the Samurai, and interacts with various samurai characters.
- X Marks the Hero - Kouko, the female lead, has an X-shaped scar on her forehead.