Middle: Yamada. Right side (top to bottom): Mayu Miyano, Kyouka Kanejou, Miharu Takeshita. Left side (top to bottom): Mami Misato, Aoi Katase, Takashi Kosuda, Yamada's Eros Deity.
"When I get into high school... I hope I can get 100 fuck buddies!"
Meet Yamada (no first name available
), a self-described B-cupped slut
She's entering her first year of high school, and decides on a goal for herself: to have 100 casual sex partners. How she's actually going to do that is a mystery. On her first day, she runs into Takashi Kosuda, an average student in her class. She decides to chase after him and make him her first target. Both Kosuda and Yamada are virgins, so begins an awkward storm of romantic hijinks
Along the way, Yamada and her friends are assisted by their eros deities
, manifestations of their sexual desires and perverse consciences that also serve as narrator, being the only ones allowed to talk to the viewer. It's worth noting that all the eros deities
depicted resemble their associated characters - with some odd additions (for example, Yamada's has a white mustache, wears a pink kimono and carries a wooden staff. Mayu's resembles a chibi Magical Girl
version of her, etc.)
Based on the yonkoma
manga by Yoko Sanri, B Gata H Kei
received an anime adaptation in the spring of 2010 by Hal Film Maker. Funimation
has licensed the anime under the name B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time
This series provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Misato is this towards Keiichi.
- Absurdly Long Limousine: Kyouka Kanejou's.
- Accidental Pervert: Kosuda on a few occasions, though the difference is that Yamada wants it.
- A-Cup Angst: Yamada. She's a B cup, so she isn't actually flat, but since her rival and her best friend are both stacked, it hits her pretty hard. (She mostly gets over it once she hears that big breasts tend to not be as sensitive as smaller ones)
Yamada: What's up, F-cup? [looks at Takeshita's rack]
Takeshita: [grabs Yamada's chin] I have a name. Let's use it, okay?
- All Women Are Lustful: Even Mayu has her own eros deity (thoroughly nice, of course).
- Alliterative Name: Mayu Miyano, Kazuki Kosuda, Mami Misato, Kyouka Kanejou, and Keiichi Kanejou.
- Always in Class One: In this case, in keeping with the manga's theme, Class H.
- Art Shift: The picture at the beginning of every chapter is noticeably higher quality than the rest.
- Battle Aura: Displayed quite prominently by both Kyouka and Yamada when the former decided to attempt to seduce Kosuda.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Yamada and Kosuda after the first starts having genuine feelings for the latter.
- Beta Couple: Takeshita and her boyfriend, Daisuke.
- Betty and Veronica: Mayu and Yamada, respectively.
- Big Fancy House: Kyouka's place looks more like a Disney Princess castle than any sort of house.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Yamada spends a lot of time practicing how to console Kosuda for his small size. She's very surprised when she finally gets a good look at it.
- Biker Babe: Kazuki
- Bishie Sparkle: Kyouka's sparkles are perpetual.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Kyouka
- Bland-Name Product: Kosuda's camera is branded "Nihon". Yamada drinks "Coco Cola". The "WcDonald's" logo shows up.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Yamada says something hideously perverted, Takeshita smacks the bejeezus out of her for it.
- And to a lesser extent: Misato and Katase.
- Bokukko: Kazuki, Kosuda's older sister.
- Butt Monkey: Misato's endless spirit in the face of nothing ever going right for her is nothing short of amazing.
- Buxom Is Better: One of Takeshita's purposes in the plot sometimes seems to deconstruct this as heavily and repeatedly as possible. Yamada (and the other girls, to some extent) is always jealous of her, but at different points, Taskeshita has pointed out (among other things) that: boys talk to her chest (indeed, her very first sentence in the story is "My name is Takeshita, look at my face!), she has back pains, her large breasts get in the way in PE class, she's constantly ogled and commented upon, people assume that she's stupid because she's busty, it's hard finding bras that fit and (most famously, due to the scene's high squick factor, played for laughs) during the summer she gets painful underboob rashes from all the sweat that gathers there.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- In episode 8, three of the supporting characters have the following discussion during a field trip:
Character 1: Man, I love field trips!
Character 2: People naturally talk more
Character 3: And we get more parts in the script!
- The dub adds in a few more.
Takeshita: Hey! Leave me out of your voice overs!
- And when Yamada is hiking through the woods:
Yamada: Huh? FOREST PORN! =D The pages are too wet from all the rain to turn.
Eros Deity: That-a-girl, blame the rain. Make it easier for the kids at home.
- Brick Joke: The entire second half of episode 5.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Kyouka is admittedly in love with her brother, wants him to take her virginity, and even has a Stalker Shrine devoted to him. He's oblivious. Eventually, when she gets a better understanding of what sex entails, she decides she never wants her brother to do something so dirty, and gives up on him.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Kosuda worries that he won't be able to make his confession of love for Yamada during their school trip to Kyoto. Yamada's frustrated Freak Out moment when he finally does work up the nerve doesn't help.
- He finally spits it out in Episode 9: in front of the whole class, during a popularity contest. Yamada is not amused.
- Really, if either of the two could actually talk to each other, this would be a quirky one-shot hentai rather than a hilarious ecchi.
- The Casanova: Keiichi
- Censor Box: Scenes in the televised version of the series often have the naughty bits blocked from the viewers by various things, sometimes held by the eros deities themselves, in Yamada's case. Usually, the blocking item is a picture or sign with the Demon Brand logo that's seen throughout the series. Subverted in episode 11, Kosuda's "naughty bit" is blocked from the viewers by Kosuda's eros deity itself, making it BLATANTLY obvious what's being hidden, as well as giving new meaning to the phrase "little man". As if that wasn't subversion enough, in Episode 12 Kosuda's eros deity is even shown waking up during a cosplay session, making things even MORE obvious (as if they weren't already)
- The censors are still there in the Funimation release, suggesting that they probably never intended to show anything from the start. However, Yamada's naked body is fully uncensored in episode 12.
- Character Development: Once Yamada and Kosuda finally goes all the way in manga, Yamada downplays her idea of having sex as much and with as many guys as possible; her first time hurt, which she expected but when felt the real deal, Yamada was surprised, and the second time wasn't much better.
- Cherubic Choir: The title dropping choir, whenever something happens between Yamada and Kosuda.
- Christmas Cake: Class 2-2's 25-year-old homeroom/PE teacher, and the 27-year-old housekeeping teacher.
- Class Trip: Episode eight.
- Color Failure
- Cool Big Sis: Kazuki.
- Crash-Into Hello
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Mayu, and she's somewhat Genre Savvy about how it's a weakness.
- Dark Horse Victory: Almost. Kyouka proves to be sizeable competition to Yamada in the school idol contest, with Yamada winning by a slim margin.
- Played straight in episode 7, where Kyouka effortlessly wins against Yamada in a 50m freestyle swimming race. Yamada is frustrated because she's widely known as the fastest swimmer of her class.
- Averted again in Episode 9, during the athletic competition (though we don't actually SEE the loss, one of the supporting characters talks to Kyouka about it). If anything, this gets Kyouka even angrier at Yamada over it.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Yamada frequently in the manga, and occasionally Kosuda, too: a Running Gag has the fourth panel featuring both retreating to this. Kosuda mentions (to himself) he's "used" Mayu for this on occasion, as well.
- Downplayed in the anime, though not completely excised as seen in the nopan episode when Takeshita catches Yamada in the act during class and nearly has a heart attack. This was one of few scenes toned down in the English dub, in which the internal narration suggests that Yamada just really needed to go to the bathroom and was trying to hold it in.
- Daydream Surprise: A nested version. Yamada and Miharu engage in some Skinship Grope action... in the minds of the boys. Who then proceed to compare wang sizes... which is also an Imagine Spot, both by Yamada.
- Deadpan Snarker: Takeshita
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Yamada has a habit of loudly replying to her own inner Imagine Spots, sometimes even with a Big "NO!".
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Seriously. Watch the OP and try to count the number of times suggestive imagery is used.
- A professional camera's lens extending is used as a euphemism for Kosuda getting a boner.
- Venus flytraps are shown at some point. Well... "Venus Flytrapping" is a Japanese idiom for seduction. So now you know.
- Kosuda's camera envy with Keiichi in the sports festival episode. It's the 69th annual sports festival.
- Keeping along with the 69, the second half of the 3rd episode. The folk dance after the cultural festival. Kosuda arrives late and wants to dance with Yamada, but she's disgruntled for him not being the first to ask her, so she tells him harshly to get in line. Guess how many people are in the queue? Yep, 69.
- Yamada rolled up in a blanket with a round, red face. Think about it.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: At least in one of Yamada's many imagine spots, in which Yamada can be seen holding Kosuda down and removing his shirt, while sporting a quite respectable "rape-face".
Kosuda: Yamada, I...
Yamada: Don't be such a baby!
- Early-Bird Cameo: Kyouka appears on the cover of Kosuda's magazine in the first episode, before being introduced in the third.
- Ecchi: Very, very ecchi for it's highly sexual story, although the actual fanservice is less frequent and more restrained than might be expected from the premise, with even the sexual scenes more focused on comedy and/or romance than on titillation.
- Even Evil Has Standards: As manipulative and self-centered as Yamada can be, she has an agonizing time formulating her reply to Kosuda's confession: Telling him no would mean giving up all her chances to use him as her stepping stone in the quest for a hundred sex friends. But telling him yes (as Takeshita advises her to after getting tired of her agonizations) is out of the question, since it would be a lie. And Yamada wouldn't deceive anyone on something as important as that to get into their pants! Of course, as Takeshita has already realized, it 'wouldn't' be a lie, but Yamada is too oblivious to realize that. In the end, she goes for the Tsundere type response: "I don't hate you!"
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The title image of chapter 102 features Yamada riding a raptor. Why? Why not?
- Even the Girls Want Her: Everybody is after Kyouka Kanejou when she appears in scene.
- Expressive Hair: Just the middle bit of Yamada's cowlick flicks up when she gets interested.
- Eyes Always Shut: Little Kosuda.
- Failure Is the Only Option Thanks to Moment Killers, Kosuda gets a sprained ankle before he can actually do the deed with Yamada. As of the end of the 1st season, they STILL haven't done it.
- In the manga, they eventually do consummate their relationship...in chapter 288.
- Fanservice: A myriad of fanservice tropes are deliberately invoked by Yamada to catch Kosuda's eye. For the series itself, it may be easier to list which of these tropes are not used at one point or another.
- False Start: Happens to Kosuda when he attempts to confess to Yamada after she gets off a train. Just as he's about to spit it out, the train doors close around his neck before he's whisked away.
- Festival Episode: Also episode two.
- Fille Fatale: Chika.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: Yamada attempts this on Kosuda, while he's in the hospital. And then his actual nurse flirts with him.
- Foreign Sounding Gibberish: This is what happened in English class, and with all the students at Keiichi's school.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: When the fireworks start in episode 2, you briefly see young versions of Yamada and Kosuda holding hands.
- Friends with Benefits: Yamada at one point considers her relationship with Kosuda to be ultimately this.
- Gag Boobs: Miharu Takeshita and Mayu Miyano, the F-cup girls.
- Gag Sub: CoalGuys' Fansub version approaches this, due to its sheer saturation with profanity ("Fuckity fuck fuck fuck"), slang ("Our class is pretty baller"), and random references to things such as Cristina Aguilera, Craigslist, the Taliban, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Star Fox. It's not inherently inaccurate though, and opinions are sharply divided as to whether these liberties ruin the show or make it funnier.
- Gender Flip: Just another story about a sexually frustrated teenager looking for lots and lots of sex and failing comically. Except that this time, the protagonist is a girl.
- Oddly enough, the male-equivalent version of this story is quite rare in the realm of anime, outside of Hentai anyway.
- Generic Cuteness: Averted, characters who are supposed to look plain are indeed drawn somehow plain.
- Genki Girl: Yamada, Misato
- Genre Savvy: Yamada makes remarks during a Imagine Spot in episode 5 about how the show so far had been a "B-type generic love comedy".
- Ghost in the Machine: The various eros deities. Yamada's is one the audience sees the most, but over time we eventually see many others:
- Kosuda's wears a bathrobe and tends to be lazy, often giving lackluster advice.
- Miyano's looks like a fairy, and gives very innocent advice ("If you kiss the cookies before he eats them, it'll be like an indirect kiss!")
- Uniquely, Takeshita has two:
- One is dressed as a businesswoman and takes relationships very seriously, giving the sort of advice that Takeshita gives to Yamada.
- The other one, however, is a complete maneater.
- Kyouka's is a stereotypical European noblewoman, complete with fan and Pimped-Out Dress.
- Akai-sensei's is a high school girl, reason being that she never got a chance to mature since Akai was always busy with work.
- Kazuki's has longer hair, wears a Chinese shirt, and is very popular with other female eros deities.
- Katase's is a lonely, mature, incredibly beautiful woman.
- Chika's eros deity is identical to her in every way.
- Girl Next Door: Mayu.
- Girls with Moustaches: Yamada's Eros Deity has a white moustache (and a pink kimono).
- Giving Up the Ghost: Kosuda's soul is gently hanging out of his mouth as he reflects upon how he ended up seeing Yamada underneath her skirt when she wasn't wearing any panties earlier that day.
- The Glomp: Not even industrial equipment is going to pry Misato away from Keiichi, much to his disquiet.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Yamada's and Kosuda's (both distinct from their eros deities) appear.
- Gratuitous English: In the manga, odd translations of the title often appear on shirts. "B Type H System"?
- Groin Attack: Poor, poor Kosuda.
- Harem Seeker: Yamada.
- Harsh Word Impact
- Heroic BSOD: Yamada's Eros Deity goes white with shock and is insensate for about a week when Yamada and Kosuda fail to have sex despite being naked in a love hotel.
- Henohenomoheji: Yamada pictures Kosuda with this face after their brief first meeting. She's honestly not far off. Kanejou's Imagine Spot also features one when she's pondering over who Yamada's supposed boyfriend might be.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Besides Yamada's quest for sex, Miharu has actually lost her virginity. Also subverted in that those who have lost it can be just as nice and decent as their chaste counterparts. Miharu is more decent than Yamada in many, many ways.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Mayu thinks that Yamada couldn't be sweeter and that Kanejo is very nice, which is completely inaccurate.
- Idiot Hair: Yamada: also Expressive Hair and Something Else Also Rises.
- I Have This Friend: Yamada uses this to get advice from Chika, who sees through it right away.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Mayu, in episode 5
- Image Song: An album has been released, containing individual songs for Yamada, Miharu, Kyouka, Mayu, Kazuki, as well as group songs for Takashi and the guys, as well as a group song for Yamada, Kyouka, and Mayu.
- Imagine Spot: There are boatloads of these in every episode, since Yamada's imagination has a tendency to run away with itself.
- Imagine Spotting: Takeshita is pretty good at this.
Takeshita: You are such a perv! Seriously, this entire bathhouse fantasy has been ALL YOU!
- Informed Attractiveness: Yamada is treated as far and above every other girl in the school in terms of attractiveness, but most of the main female characters are pretty much just as attractive. Lampshaded when Yamada enters the school beauty contest. Also, Chika attracts a constant stream of male attention despite her almost prepubescent size and appearance.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Kazuki, mostly within her own house, but has the typical lack of shame associated with the type.
- It's All About Me: Kyouka's mansion is decorated with numerous portraits of herself. The eyes of which are all functioning video cameras.
- Also, Yamada when it comes to how much her selfishness can hurt the people around her.
- Jerkass: Yamada.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Yamada constantly expounds about her sexual knowledge and her eventual plans to have 100 sex friends, but in reality she has zero experience and often panics when she's faced with an actual romantic situation.
- Lack of Empathy: Yamada. She gets better.
- Last Name Basis: Yamada is called by everybody, except her family, by her last named. And she calls everyone, except her family, by their last names.
- Letting Her Hair Down: Chika, when she's showing her mature appearance.
- Lethal Chef: Yamada cannot cook. When Kazuki gave her Valentine's chocolate to some fish, the fish had a violent reaction.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Yamada, though she has traits of the Covert Pervert too, jumping to sexual conclusions with everything. She also generally restricts her advances to Kosuda, although at least initially she plans to change that after losing her virginity.
- Misato seems to be following Yamada's footsteps. I mean, she's the only other with the guts to ask about sexual encounters... in public.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Played for laughs with pretty much everyone.
- Maybe Ever After: Unlike the manga, the anime ends with Yamada still not having acknowledged her feelings for Kosuda, nor given up on her goal of sleeping with 99 other guys after him; and no resolution has been given for either of her romantic rivals. The tone of the ending certainly suggests things will work out, though.
- Meaningful Echo: Episode 9, after Miharu shocks Yamada with the idea that she really is in love with Kosuda, the exact same scene that played at the opening in Yamada's room plays again.
- Measuring Day: Shows up in the first episode.
- Moment Killer:
- Mood Dissonance - Episode 8, which ends with Kosuda's confession apparently having been rejected by Yamada. Cue the sprightly ED, with Yamada still pursuing Kosuda. Ouch!
- Meganekko: Mayu. She's Blind Without 'Em.
- Nice Girl: Mayu.
- Nice Guy: Kosuda, the poor, poor boy.
- Nipple and Dimed: the anime at least uses Godiva Hair, Censor Steam, and Barbie Doll Anatomy to avoid showing Yamada's nipples, until the very last episode. It may be a bit of Fridge Brilliance that the only time the audience gets to see her nipples is in the scenes where Kosuda does.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Unusually, the protagonist herself. Kanejou is probably a parody of the trope. Can come off as an Evil Laugh, though, which fits the scheming it often accompanies.
- No Name Given: Yamada. No first name given yet.
- No Sense of Direction: Miyano. Taken to extreme levels in episode 11, when she accidentally wanders into Kanejou's super-guarded "brother room".
- The Nondescript: Kosuda. Yamada saw his face only as Henohenomoheji before she finally remembered him. His appearance is basically unchanged since he was young.
- Older Than They Look: Mami Misato, one of the background students in Yamada's class, looks a few years younger than the rest.
- Ojou: Kyouka, complete with Noblewoman's Laugh.
- One of the Boys: Apparently Kazuki. She was Mayu's "prince" when she was younger.
- Onee-sama: Yamada jokes about having to call Takeshita this after a near-kiss between them.
- On the Next: In a rare example of non-eros deity fourth wall breaking, Yamada pulls out a large wooden sign for her impending loss of virginity. Which is not going to happen any time soon.
- Ojou Ringlets: Kyouka.
- Paper Fan of Doom: The homeroom teacher threatens the girls with this when they don't go to sleep during the class trip.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Mayu.
- Panty Shot: Provided several times throughout the series by Yamada, including a chalkboard-drawn version seen about 35 seconds into the opening of each episode.
- Pet the Dog: Yamada accidently does this with Mayu when her true aim was to Kick the Dog.
- Pool Episode: Episode two. The first half of episode seven as well.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Invoked by Miss Aika when she volunteers Kosuda and Yamada, or as she calls them: Kosada, to plan out the activities for the school's Field Day.
- Quest for Sex: And Yamada's not going to be nice about it, oh no...
- Really Gets Around:
- Rich Bitch: Kanejou
- Scenery Censor: Occurs when Kanejou attempts to spy on Yamada and Kosuda after Yamada unzipped his pants in Kanejou's room. Kosuda's Eros Deity was blocked from view by a well-placed bit of bed railing.
- School Festival: With Yamada's class doing a Haunted House.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Yamada briefly poses in one in episode 4.
- Shipper on Deck: Takeshita believes that Mayu is a much better match for Kosuda than Yamada is.
- Shout-Out: The Maria-sama ga Miteru parody in episode 6.
- "The White Death" Simo Häyhä can briefly be seen standing behind classmate Kobayashi firing a shot from his signature rifle as she approaches a wealthy guest at Kanejou's christmas party.
- "Kobayshi's taken the lead!" "Is that the White Death at her back?"
- Why 100 fuck buddies? It's a reference to the childrens' song "Ichinensei ni nattara" where the first line is "When I become a first grader, I wonder if I can make a hundred friends?".
- In chapter 10 Yamada uses a "Lips-reader jutsu" even with Hand Seals. Doubles as an Actor Allusion, as Yamada's seiyuu voices Tenten!
- When discussing the possibility of Mayu being Kosuda's girlfriend in episode 2, Yamada rhetorically asks if she should call Golgo to have him murdered.
- In one of Yamada's Imagine Spots, she shoots a soccer ball through a wave, just like Kojiro Hyuga. In the manga, the Sex God even calls her a toothless tiger.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Both leading families. Yamada is impulsive while her little sister Chika is more thoughtful. For the Kosuda family, Takashi is shy, while Kazuki is very outgoing.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Yamada is clearly not going to meet her goal.
- Sound Effect Bleep: The word "condoms" is always replaced with a bird chirp.
- As of Episode 9, the word "virgin" gets this treatment too.
- Stacy's Mom: Yamada's mother is smoking—pretty impressive, considering the largely low-key art style. In a bonus chapter detailing everyone else's Sex Gods, it's noted that she doesn't have one. She is one.
- Stalking Is Love: Yamada, though it's not until Kazuki calls her out on it that she realizes what she's been doing.
- Stat O Vision: Yamada evaluating love hotels in episode 4.
- Misato also believes that she has this ability, but it doesn't work.
- Status Quo Is God: By the end of the anime, the only thing changed is part of the relationship between Yamada and Kosuda. Kosuda's finally gotten the clue about what Yamada wants, and Yamada has admitted to herself (but not to Kosuda) what her feelings are becoming. Lampshaded by the titles of the three sub-episodes of Episode 12, with a teaser for a second season.
- Strongly Worded Letter: Real Life example: The production company staff on the show, have apparently recieved numerous threatening letters, requesting a change in the show's content and presentation. From whom? Yukari Tamura fanboys.
- Their First Time: And since there is a lot of planning, the results are obvious.
- Theme Tune Cameo: Yamada plays part of the OP on the recorder in episode 7, and sings the title-dropping bumper theme in 6.
- In episode 12, the same theme tune can be heard playing in the TV, and Kosuda sings the bumper version while he's in the bath.
- They Do: Yamada and Kosuda in the final Volumes of the manga, although not as many times a open pervert girl like Yamada would likely do, in fact she starts to think sex is serious business.
- Those Two Girls: Mami Misato and Aoi Katase
- Through His Stomach: Miyano's plan to woo Kosuda is to feed him awesome food until he falls in love with her. Hasn't really been working for the last decade, but that's partly because everyone thinks she's cooking for his family, not him specifically.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: Yamada is the (rare protagonist) tiger to Kyouka's dragon.
- Title Drop: A Cherubic Choir singing the title happens every time Yamada actually admits to her relationship with Kosuda, in any way. There are also several episodes where she says the phrase. It even appears on shirts (see Gratuitous English).
- Tomboy: Kazuki. It's the reason why Mayu fell in love with her in the first place.
- Token Mini-Moe: Chika takes this Up to Eleven. Every guy falls in love with her because she's so damn cute.
- Averted with Mami Misato. The guys ingnore her because of her child-like appearance, despite that Chika looks even younger than her.
- Troll: Poor Yamada gets mistaken for one of these when she goes online, since all she does is ask inappropriate questions about sex.
- Tsundere: Yamada can be considered a Type B note because of how she always wants to be with Kosuda, but when he finally talks to her she acts very tsun.
- Twelve-Episode Anime: Lampshaded in the preview for the last episode.
Yamada: Kosuda, it's been a year and nine months since we first met, but it feels like it's only been three months.
- Two Shorts: The first half of each timeslot has its own episode title, and the second half has a different episode title.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Deliberately invoked by Yamada (ie. she steals Kosuda's own umbrella).
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Mayu to Kosuda, to the point that even Yamada, her rival, pities her.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Inverted, since Mayu's "prince" turned out to be Kazuki.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Yamada can be often so cruel and self-centered that she's the perfect example of this trope were it not for her occasional bouts of endearing innocence.
- Vapor Wear: Yamada spends the entire second half of episode 5 not wearing panties. On a windy day.
Miharu: What the hell is wrong with you? You're wearing a skirt!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Yamada and Takeshita. Judging by how they support each other's love lives, they're best friends. Cue mutual snarking.
- Yandere: Don't forget that Yamada keeps an airgun with her, Kosuda. And nobody messes with Kyouka's brother.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The Kanejou siblings have magenta hair.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Yamada can be seen sporting it while wearing her cheerleader outfit in the series opening.