Comic Book: La Familia Burrón
La Familia Burrón ("The Burron Family") is a Mexican comic describing the life of a low-class family living in Mexico. It was written in 1948 by Gabriel Vargas.This comic is a satire of the multitude of sociocultural problems that plague Mexican society. The core members of the family are Borola Tacuche de Burrón, Regino Burrón sr., Regino Burrón a.k.a. el tejocote jr., Macuca Burrón and Foforito Cantarranas.Compare with Sazae-san, a manga and anime with a similar premise.
La Familia Burrón provides examples of the following tropes:
- The Alcoholic: Too many to count..
- The Atoner: Ruperto Tacuche is a reformed thief.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: They are so bad that the devils are losing their reputation to them.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Regino Burrón is pretty reasonable, but if you make him angry he can beat people bigger than him.
- Black Sheep: Ruperto was this.
- Corrupt Politician: Every one without exception.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Sometimes Borola does this to Regino.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The devils are this in example when comparing with the cops — they are adverse to torture an innocent person."Somos malos, muy malos pero no perversos." ("We are bad, really bad, but not evil.")
- The Faceless: Due to an accident by boiling milk, Borola's brother Ruperto is this, hiding his face behind a scarf.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Borola always made gadgets trying to earn some money, but her status as a Gadgeteer Genius was cemented when she made an helicopter with a washing machine motor and some wood donated by the store.
- Happily Adopted: Foforito by the Burróns.
- Honor Before Reason: The reason for the monetary problems of Regino is that he has a lot of pride and won't accept charity or gifts from his rich friends or family.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Noble Demon: Lamberto is a devil that tortures people in Hell; he also returns food to Alubia Salpicon who donates to the poor, and he respects her and is friendly with her.
- Noodle People
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Borola being the red and Regino the blue.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: Played With; Borola's motivation is money but her inventions always fail because Status Quo Is God
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Regino and Borola.