open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Anime and Manga has its own page.
- "Gokutai Kudasai" (Please don't miss it) or "Otanoshimi (ni)" (Look forward to it) is a phrase that is commonly used in anime or Japanese live action previews, the former more prominent in the 70's. The alternate would be "Jikai (Next time on), (Show title), (Episode name)!", and most anime and toku will use this.
- Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy: "Hanakaeshita anata wo uketemeru!", which is supposed to mean 'Catch you on the rebound!'
- Batman ('60s series): "Same bat-time... same bat-channel!" This was also used in the animated series, but in the Cartoon Network shorts, rather than in the show itself, which was more serious.
- The Beverly Hillbillies: "Y'all come back now, y'hear?"
- Choujinki Metalder: "Koitsu wa Sugoize!" ("He's amazing!")
- Hawaii Five-O: "Be there. Aloha."
- Kaiketsu Zubat: "Zubat's stunts are very dangerous, so do not try them at home!"
- Kamen Rider:
- Most of the Showa Riders: "Look forward to it."
- Kamen Rider Agito: "Awaken that soul!"
- Kamen Rider Ryuki: "One who does not fight will not survive."
- Kamen Rider Faiz: "Open your eyes for the next Faiz." spoken in Gratuitous English and at the start of the next episode preview.
- The final episode preview instead says "Open your eyes for the final Faiz."
- Kamen Rider Kabuto: "Walking the path of heaven, ruling over us all"
- Kamen Rider Kiva: "Wake up! Break the chains of destiny!"
- Kamen Rider Decade: "Destroy everything! Connect everything!"
- Kamen Rider Double: "This clinches it!"
- Kamen Rider OOO: "I'll transform!"
- Kamen Rider Fourze: "Youth switch on!"
- The TV Nihon sub translates this instead to "Switch on the Youthfulness!"
- Quantum Leap: "Oh boy!"
- "These questions — and many others — will be answered in the next episode of Soap."
- Also, each episode begins with an often long-winded explanation of events so far, ending with the line "Confused? You won't be, after this week's episode of...Soap"
- In the Snuff Box next time... [X]... [Y].. and... pleasurrrrre.
- Super Sentai:
- Dengeki Sentai Changeman: "Let's Change! Dengeki Sentai Changeman!"
- Choushinsei Flashman: "Prism Flash! Chōshinsei Flashman!"
- Seijuu Sentai Gingaman: "And now, another page of the legend will be revealed."
- Rescue Sentai GoGoFive: "Emergency Signal!" This one's said at the beginning of the next episode preview.
- Mirai Sentai Timeranger: "Next... Timeranger!" Also said at the beginning of the next episode preview, with the exception of the preview for Case File 36. The cast would also say this line too in some of the next episode previews (And once for Tac).
- The final episode preview says "Timeranger, Final!" and on the episode looking back at the Sentai before them (As well as the one next after them), "Timeranger Special!"
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: "Aiming for your heart, target lock!"
- Engine Sentai Go-onger: "GO-ON!" (Said mostly by Speedor after the next episode's title.)
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger: "It's time, go forth!" (Usually the narrator)
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger: "Protecting the planet is an angel's duty!"
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters: "Busters, ready...go!"
- Ressha Sentai ToQger: "All passengers, please be careful."
- Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger: "Good little kids, don't watch."
- Power Rangers Dino Force Brave: "Brave In!"
- A Show Within a Show example: On The Muppet Show, every episode of "Veterinarian's Hospital" ended with the announcer saying "Tune in next time to hear Dr Bob say..."
- Ultraman Taro and Ultraman Leo (which share a narrator) end their next episode previews with "Saa! Minna de miyou!" (roughly translates as "All right! Let's all watch it!")
- Arrested Development: Most episodes ended with the narrator, Ron Howard, saying, "On the next Arrested Development." Seasons ended with, "On the next season of Arrested Development." The last Fox episode ended with "On the epilogue."
- The Lone Ranger: "Will the Lone Ranger triumph as he fights on for justice, law and order? Tune in next week when General Mills brings you another exciting episode of The Lone Ranger!"
- Epic Meal Time used to end its episodes with "Next time, we eat [strange thing]!" This stopped after the five-year anniversary episode, because several episodes before that, Harley admitted that he only had a few unused "Next times" left and couldn't think of any new ones.
- Game Grumps: Where either Egoraptor or JonTron scream "NEXT TIME ON GAME GRUMPS!", only to either mumble incomprehensibly or spout a Non Sequitur, never really describing what might happen on the next episode. In-fact, when they actually do have something to say for the next episode, they point it out. Since he took on the role of Not-so-grump, Danny's been using this to express his increasingly large amount of pessimism at Arin's skill at games.
- Achievement Hunter: "LLLLLLLets Stop!"
- "Be sure to watch the next exciting episode with... Clutch Cargo!note
- "Will our heroes solve this problem? Watch for the next episode of Q.T. Hush!"