- Anime and Manga
- Films — Animation
- Films — Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- This is a common gag in Astérix:
- In Astérix and the Great Crossing, a KO'd native American sees American stars.◊ In the same book, another native American sees all the stars from the American flag.
- In another book, an Egyptian sees hieroglyphs of birds.
- Archie Comics:
- Archie Comics will sometimes have Archie dazed after a fight, and seeing, not just basic birds, but rather specific ones, such as Red-Winged Blackbird or Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, twittering and circling his head.
- One instance has Dilton fall off a skateboard while listening to headphones, commenting on how the track suddenly sounds like birds chirping.
- Not actually shown, but Kate Kane mentions she's seeing these just after her girlfriend punches her out in a boxing match in Batwoman (Rebirth).
- The Warrior Cats graphic novels use Bloodless Carnage, in contrast to their violently heavy source. In A Clan in Need Sorrelpaw is supposed to be severely injured, but she doesn't look remotely injured. Not even her fur is messed up. The only sign of her being injured is her lethargic behavior and the stars circling around her head.
- Examples from ''The Calvinverse:
- In Retro Chill, Hobbes gets socked by Evil Calvin and sees "a bunch of stars, planets, tweety birds and somewhere in the deeper recesses of his brain, he heard a harp playing for no apparent reason."
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series:
- Socrates sees stars, checkers, and little pink elephants with umbrellas after getting thrown at a tree.
- Hobbes later sees stars after bashing a cage containing Calvin's parents open.
- My Little Mages: The Nightmare's Return: Fie-Doe sees birds after Roh-Ver beats him up at one point. Then he hits him again, and they change into stars.
- Earth and Sky: Happens several times to the point of being a Running Gag. For instance, after Soarin' finally kicks Shootin' Star's flanks, the latter sees miniature Soarins circling his head while hitting bells with sledgehammers.
- To put this straight, Chapter 11 of Carry On, Blissey, there is one part where Matron Blissey mentions imagining seeing stars around her head.
- During Chapter 8 of Olimar's Experiences on Guard Duty, Roy sees stars when Kirby 2 hits Roy with a tuna fish.
- In the novel Moving Pictures, one of the minor side-effects that the motion picture industry has on the Disc's flexible reality level is that tweeting birds appear over the head of a wizard with concussion.
- In the Science of Discworld, Ridcully mentions a wizard who "died of planets" (which presumably orbited his head).
- In Search The Sky, by Frederik Pohl and Cyril Kornbluth, there's a scene where Ross is made to Talk to the Fist.
He brought up a roundhouse right, and Ross saw the stars and heard the birdies.
- A cartoonized version of Cyndi Lauper experiences these when she's thrown from a motorcycle during the animated sequence in "She Bop".
- Aaron Carter's music video for "That's How I Beat Shaq" uses bird sound effects near the end after Aaron's mother asks him whether he had hit his head.
- 2-D from Gorillaz sees stars and a few other symbols circling his head twice after being violently shaken in the short "Hey, Our Toys Have Arrived."
- Katy Perry sees stars circling her head after a basketball bonks her in the head in her music video for "Swish Swish."
- The playfield for The Champion Pub has these circling elements regarding K.Os.
- In the video "Cucumbers" by Weebl, a cucumber attacked by a panda has stars circling its head.
- The Annoying Orange: Orange gets hit on the head by Cantaloupe, and has stars flying around his head. Then two cartoon-like birdies turn up complaining that the stars are stealing their jobs. Later, Midget Apple gets hit on the head as well, and the stars turn up again. But this time, the birds get really angry and start beating up the stars.
- Happens to Strong Bad at the end of the Homestar Runner animation "Marshmallow's Last Stand" as a result of him being tripped by Homestar for ripping up the star on his shirt after a fight. Homestar then takes one of the stars circling Strong Bad's head and places it on his own shirt.
- In the "Yellow" trailer, when Yang knocks Junior across the room with a punch, he has hearts circling his head.
- In the episode "Players and Pieces" when Jaune collides with Ruby, knocking her against a tree. However, wolves are used instead of birds (complete with barking sounds).
- TF2 Analysis: In "Mission Unpossible", after falling down a shaft and leaving an Impact Silhouette in the floor, a stunned ILoveKimPossibleAlot sees circling... Kim Possibles.