Web Video: WWE Slam City
Attention, superstars. It's me, The Finisher. On behalf of WWE chairman Mr. McMahon, you're all FIRED! Enjoy your day jobs in Slam City! Muahahahahahahah! The Finisher.The Finisher has just fired all the WWE Superstars from the ring to Slam City to find real jobs. Now every street corner is jammed with Superstars with work to do and scores to settle. You never know where the next showdown will take place in Slam City!The videos can be found here or here.
— The Finisher
This web cartoon provides examples of:
- Adam Westing
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The animatronic penguins in the restaurant Mark Henry works in are very belligerent and violent.
- Animals Hate Him: The Finisher is attacked by a wild raccoon three times in one episode.
- Ass Shove: The Finisher pulls a spatula out of his rear after the magnet mishap at Kane's cafeteria.
- Bond One-Liner: Happens Once an Episode.
- Butt Monkey:
- Santino Marella gets turned into a pizza in one episode, and frozen in another when Steve Austin belches in front of him.
- Damien Sandow gets his butt handed to him in all three of his appearances.
- Call Back: In Episode 6, The Big Show can be seen still stuck in the car from Episode 3.
- Casting Gag: John Cena is a noted car enthusiast and collector, so it makes sense he would work as a mechanic, and Glenn Jacobs (Kane) is an ex-teacher, so it's plausible he would work in a school
- Companion Cube: The WWE Championship to John Cena.
- Edible Bludgeon: Brock Lesnar attempts to give a beatdown to Sheamus with a sub sandwich.
- Evil Is Petty: The Finisher has kidnapped Vince McMahon and fired all the WWE Superstars on his behalf, all so he can become the WWE Champion.
- Fake Rabies: Used in episode 2 by Alberto Del Rio to have an angry Damien Sandow (who didn't like the coffee Del Rio was serving) taken away by a dog catcher.
- Food Fight: Happens between Kane and Daniel Bryan.
- Friend to All Children: Kane, weirdly enough
- Garbage Wrestler: John Cena's fight with The Big Show mostly consisted of them hitting each other with car parts
- Hates Baths: One episode has Randy Orton trying to give a gorilla a bath.
- Hidden Depths: All the superstars display a startling degree of competence at their second jobs, even if they tend to get into random wrestling matches with customers. Of special note is Alberto Del Rio, who is good enough at ice sculpture to carve two miniature replicas of Steve Austin's head.
- Improbable Weapon User: Almost Once per Episode, e.g. Alberto Del Rio using croissants as shurikens
- In a Single Bound: Rey Mysterio can give Superman a run for his money
- Jerk Ass: The Miz. He attempts to swipe CM Punk's tip jar for reparations after a sprinkle lands on his $5000 suit (that's right, one sprinkle), and tries to use the bathroom at Alberto del Rio's coffee shop without first buying something. It doesn't end well for him.
- Somehow, Damien Sandow manages to be even more of a dick than his live-action self. He throws his coffee at Alberto after he messes up his utterly complex order, attempts to wrest Rey Mysterio's crossing guard job away from him, and tries to take CM Punk's job serving ice cream. It doesn't end well for him.
- Brock Lesnar. He's the poster child for what not to do at a movie theater. He texts and plays games on his phone at obnoxious volume levels, blares an air horn in the theater for no reason other than to be a dick, and sneaks a giant sandwich inside, ticking off Seamus. It doesn't end well for him.
- Kill It with Fire: Kane, obviously
- Klingon Promotion: The Finisher has kidnapped Mr. McMahon, trapped him in a safe, and taken his job.
- Large Ham: It's wrestling, so it's a given, but especially John Cena and Kane"YOUR SOUL IS MINE!"
- Mascot / Burger Fool: Mark Henry's humiliating job in a pizza restaurant
- Medium Awareness: John Cena is told twice in episode 1 to not use Freeze Frames.
- Steve Austin yells "WHAT!?" twice at his entrance music to make it louder
- Damien Sandow pushes away his logo in his second episode.
- The Rock knows about the angelic sound effects and the green smell lines.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: The Miz does this after a sprinkle lands on his suit by CM Punk.
- Not Big Enough for the Two of Us: The cafeteria, between Santino Marella and Kane. 'Actually, the kitchen is quite spacious and could easily...'
Brock Lesnar: This town ain't big enough for the both of us.
- In the western movie, between Brock Lesnar and Sheamus:
Sheamus: Neither was your sandwich.
Brock Lesnar: You leave her out of this!
- Pro Wrestling Is Real
- Pyromaniac: KaneKane: (holding a flamethrower) '''Who wants dessert?!'''
- Ring Ring Crunch: In the intro for "Slam City Launch," John Cena smashes his ringing alarm clock.
- Rubber Man: "STRETCH MOVE!"
- Rule of Three: The Finisher gets attacked by the wild raccoon three times during the course of Episode 13.
- Rummage Fail: The Finisher accidently pulls out the wild raccoon when he's trying to grab his magnet, and gets attacked by it.
- Schmuck Bait: Mr McMahon's office contains dozens of hidden doors and secret compartments that are all bricked up- except one which contains an angry raccoon.
- Stop Motion
- Stock Superpowers
- Suck E. Cheese's: Where Mark Henry works.
- Super Speed: John Cena can completely overhaul a car in less than thirty seconds
- Theme Tune Cameo: John Cena, again, even making one of the cars he's working on honk the tune.
- Top-Heavy Guy, bordering on Super-Deformed. Notably, it's the wrestlers' arms that get the most exaggeration. John Cena and Santino Marella in real life normally can't touch the ground with their fingers while standing up.
- Toon Physics
- Verbal Backspace: "Actually, the kitchen is quite spacious and could easily... uh... I mean, YOUR SOUL IS MINE!"
- Vomit Discretion Shot: One kid throws up after seeing Santino Marella crushing the tomatoes with his feet.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Well, it doesn't anymore. 'Enjoy your day jobs in Slam City! MUahahahahaha!'
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: It turns out there's a warning from The Finisher in the safe instead of Vince McMahon when John Cena and The Rock open it.