open/close all folders
Portrait of Girls
- The page pic is the second art you see in Hebijo's story mode in Burst, where Homura introduces Mirai to the others. It serves as a major character establishing moment for Yomi.
- Mirai's shinobi transformation has her accidentally hit herself in the face with the scroll.
- The Crimson's trip to Kyoto; which is a comedy of errors and overtraining (temporarily traumatizing both Yomi and Mirai) with Homura as the main culprit.
- In a scene, she hears Naraku and Asuka talk about 'pawns', but the main thing she gets out of the conversation is "prawns" and assuming Asuka means to upstage her seafood comedy routine.
- Yomi's and Hikage's tag team super in Deep Crimson has sped-up Yomi talk about bean sprouts to Hikage as the enemy is pummelled in the background by bean sprouts.
- Daidouji's and Rin's tag team super is both awesome and this. They are butting heads and fighting each other, the damage done to the enemy is collateral damage. By the time this super ends after a cross-kick attack, they finally realize they have an opponent to finish, one that may already be finished afterward.
- Deep Crimson allows you to select a girl as the system voice, the hilarity comes from everyone having random lines used if the player remains idle for a bit:
- Daidouji complains about her parents asking non stop when she will get a job or get married.
- Haruka's story in Shinovi Versus. ALL OF IT. If you want to get specific...
- Haruka's little mantra at the beginning:
- Haruka using her "Enslaving Drug" on people who need a little "extra persuasion." Like Homura. Or Ikaruga.
- Ryona taking the drug and the result being... nothing different.
Haruka: "Should'a seen that coming."
- Finally, the drug's side effects turning all of the girls into sadistic beasts. Including Ryona. Haruka doesn't even seem to mind that much!
- Also from Shinovi Versus, we have Katsuragi's story. The entire thing comes about because she's bored, due to all of the girls at Hanzo becoming used to her groping them. Thus, she sets off on an epic quest to find more boobs to grab.
- Her first two opponents are Mirai and Ryobi; because Katsuragi is so focused on finding large breasts, she barely even notices that they're even there, even while fighting them. The fight with Ryobi takes it a step further, with Katsuragi surprised when a pair of large breasts "suddenly shows up" when Ryobi transforms, then she's equally perplexed when they "suddenly disappear" (presumably due to her reverting to normal after being defeated).
- She then goes up against Miyabi, expressing surprise that such a "pretty boy" has such an impressive pair, then having to leave due to pissing off all of her fans. Then she goes up against Ryona, who is a bit too eager for Katsuragi to "bully" her for her to find it satisfying.
- Last but not least, she faces off against Haruka, basically ending up in an epic battle with her to see which of them is the bigger pervert. It lasts for three days, with both of them only stopping because they've collapsed from exhaustion. Katsuragi admits that Haruka is the better molester, but quickly hypes herself up, making a declaration that she won't graduate until she's surpassed Haruka in "The Path of Squeezed Booby". What really sells it is that the entire thing is played out like something out of a shounen manga.
- A nice subversion of Roaring Rampage of Revenge in the Crimson Squad's story of Shinovi Versus: After Homura learns that Gessen had defeated Hanzo, she leads an infiltration of Gessen, win, and report to Asuka. Asuka calmly explains that Hanzo lost the initial skirmish but won the Battle Royale. Homura is not amused.
Homura: "Shut up! Just show some appreciation already!"Asuka: "Hmm? I thought you said you weren't fighting for our sake."Homura: *Frustrated noises*
Hikage: "Their actions and reactions stand in direct contrast to their real feelings. I don't get it at all."
- In that same storyline, any time Imu and Hikage interact, especially with Hikage constantly Comically Missing the Point.
- Not to mention Hikage hanging a big ol' Lampshade on the Tsundere trope.
- Also poor Homura having to be the one to deal with Haruka and Ryona's first meeting.
- Again, Homura continuing to deny her fondness of Asuka and the Hanzo girls in general, claiming that "I just don't like those Gessen girls, that's all! This has NOTHING to do with Asuka!" Even Haruka notices how silly it is.
- When Murakumo has trouble with drawing action scenes in her manga, she asks Shiki to help her.
Murakumo: The truth is...I can't draw action manga. I hope for your collaboration in this.Shiki: About manga you can't draw? Was it end of the century metrosexual man action?Murakumo: Yeah. Only I'm troubled that the intensity of the action is not enough.
- Mirai's assumption that Shiki is a foreigner because of her valley girl lingo. Mirai then proceeds to speak Engrish.
Mirai: W-wait, you're... not a foreigner?Shiki: Okay, so like, you think you can beat me? Aren't you, like, being totally bumptious?Shiki: Huh? Like, you don't know what I said? That's totes cray-cray!Mirai: D-Dammit! TALK NORMALLY!!! You're gonna drive me nuts!Shiki: Whoa, Mirai. That's like, totally uncalled for. Like, oh my god, I might have to, like, totally get serious.
- The whole exchange between Katsuragi and the "new and improved" Hikage is nothing but hilarious. She even calls her baby doll of all things.
- As a whole, Bon Appetit combines Flanderization with Rule of Funny and delivers some great results:
- Asuka's talk about "big and thick"note across her whole story.
- Daidouji raging at a giraffe at the zoo,note and her reason for going to the zoo: To challenge a dragon to battle.
- Katsuragi becoming the "Hooters Harem Queen".note
- Daidouji wanting to be a little sister to Yagyuu. Especially since her idea for playing "Kick the Can" involves using an oil drum as the can.
- Rin having a mid life crisis and doing anything (like imitating Ryouna) to feel young again.note
- Yozakura acting like a robot after being defeated by Murakumo.
- Ikaruga's impressions of Yomi and Katsuragi,note along with her conversation with Haruka.
- Whereas the other stages usually involve actual cooking and the display of improbable cooking skills, the first two dishes in Murasaki's stage are... frozen riceballs and cup ramen. In the first part of the stage, the contestants just stand around and wait for the microwave to go "ding", whilst in the second part all they do is to pour hot water into the ramen cups. (For her final dish, pizza, the contestants actually do buck up and make it from scratch. And the music goes from happy relaxed music to metal riffs in response.)
- Estival Versus has a stage where Katsuragi kicks the snot out of the entire Hebijo team so she can fondle their chests. What follows is The Comically Serious Miyabi having the hilarious Non Sequitur, *Thud*:
Miyabi: "I lost again? What is this? I've never lost so many battles! Except when we were playing rock-paper-scissors for seating arrangements in grade school. I wanted to sit next to my friend Sakura, but instead I sat next to the cleaning cupboard. That was how I met Mop and Floorcloth. I haven't seen them in so long. I should organize a school reunion..."Imu: "Earth to Miyabi! Snap out of it!"
- The Purupuru finishes in Estival Versus manage to turn Clothing Damage, Defeat by Modesty and the Gag Censor into an art form in itself. Highlights include girls getting stripped and launched into a basketball hoop butt-first, into a pole with enough speed to spin around it like a stripper, or even into a pile of Senran Kagura dakimakuras.
- Even better is when the girls have a Medium Awareness conversation about the Gag Censor, as even they don't know where it's coming from.
- This specific Purupuru Finish has the girls crash right through a window of a house, where inside are two shinobi grunts having lunch with one another. The reaction from one of the grunts is priceless as she slowly hands over a rice ball to the girl with her arms shaking from the shock, while the other has the look of "WTF just happened?".
- Another from Estival, one of the patch updates states that Sayuri, Asuka's grandmother, while playable, is not subject to the fanservice shenanigans the rest of the cast is. It's then followed by this line:
You can thank us later.
- Daidoujiís attempt to get stronger through femininity, as Rin advised, in her Shinobi Girlís Heart scenario in Estival has her getting advice from Yumi, Ryouki and Jasmine, Hikage, and (sort-of) Katsuragi. What she got in the end was Baby Talk, Cool Big Sis, Emotionless Girl, and Skinship Grope all rolled into one. Naturally, Rin is freaked out when Daidouji presents this to her:
Daidouji: "Tee hee, Iím the cute Ďní wovely Daidouji. I donít weawwy get it, thinthe I got no feewings. Boobs go thqueezy! Butt is thmooth as thilk.ĒRin "S-someone call an ambulance! Daidouji's...! Daidouji's...! My brain!I think I'm going insane! S-someone HEEEELP!"
- The kicker is, at the end, Rin decides to get into the act when defeated, thinking Daidouji's attempt at femininity is how to get stronger as well.
- Hikage's dream at the start of her story. Especially since Hikage is speaking like a Valley Girl.
- During her Heart storyline, Yumi narrates with absolute seriousness: "I have already established that cuteness is justice..." It's funny with or without context.
- One of the Dual Hearts Shinobi scenarios has Minori and Hibari drink one of Haruka's potions to become more mature. Their poise and voices change just as Yagyuu and Yozakura arrive to let them know they have new Mr. Bunny panties for them. Minori and Hibari decline, stating how they've outgrown such things and now look forward to more adult forms of entertainment such as paying bills. Yagyuu and Yozakura fight the two to try and get them to spit out the medicine after they find out, only to fail. But, because it's one of Haruka's medicines, Minori and Hibari end up sounding like old ladies, then reverting to baby talk. Yagyuu and Yozakura decide to let the medicine's effects wear off naturally and offer to cheer them up with the Mr. Bunny panties. Minori is not amused as the scenario ends.
- Ryobi's Shinobi Hearts story has her begin a campaign to take over the series and replace the focus on large boobs with a focus on butts. It even gets a Continuity Nod in Ryoki's story with Ryobi telling her she's been, "Leading the start of a revolution."
- Yomi's Shinobi Hearts story has her "confiscating" expensive outfits from the other girls due to her strict belief that shinobi should not be living in excess. It comes to a head when she meets up with Ikaruga and the latter asks if it's true that she's been robbing people.
- Early on in the game, Homura calls Asuka's grandmother, Sayuri, senile and recommend Asuka's family gets her a caregiver. Sayuri's response is pure gold:
Sayuri: Oh thank you for the thought, sweetie...but call me senile again, and I'll shove this wrinkly old foot right up your bahonkas!
- At the end of her Shinobi Hearts story, a maskless Murakumo passes out due to lack of oxygen (long story) and Yomi saves her by giving her a makeshift mask made out of bean sprout bags. In an effort to repay her, Murakumo plays the villain in Yomi's hero stage show for the children in the slums. The bean sprout mask gets torn off during the fighting, however. Murakumo panics and, in a last-ditch effort to cover her face, decides to take off her panties and wear those on her face instead.
The crowd... reacts appropriately, to say the least. I really should carry my mask around all the time... I've made up my mind about that now.
- In Homura's Shinobi Heart story, she comes down with a cold and loses her voice, and tries to get help from the other characters. Except her attempts at pantomiming "I need a cough drop" apparently mean "look at my incredibly annoying crab impression!" to everyone else. Or in one case, they assume she's acting the part of a Youma, and dutifully complete the ritual by attempting to pummel her - and somehow she makes frantic denial look like even more of a challenge. When she finally does get help from Hikage, she assumes it's because they share such a close bond... and Hikage flatly tells her that they were sparring for a whole ten seconds and Homura wasn't screaming her head off, so she had to have lost her voice.
Peach Beach Splash
- The entire first half of the Crimson Squad story arc. Instead of the Melodrama of the other story arcs, this one focuses on the girls' efforts to getting more jobs through raising their viewcount on NewTube.
- It begins with Homura's comedy routine, which is Cringe Comedy, even to the other girls.
- Yomi's second. She challenges herself to eating a heap of shaved ice... made of pool water. The effects are so bad she has to sit out the next mission on the toilet.
- Third is Hikage. She raps! (Just let that sink in.) Unlike the previous two, it actually works, albeit not in the way the girls intended.
- Fourth is Mirai. She's about to do a life threatening bomb act and asks Haruka to put on the music. Haruka plays an embarrassing voice clip of Mirai instead, in which she talks about getting a woman's body in ten years and how she is proud to be Mirai. In the blurb for the next mission, Mirai doesn't get how Haruka was able to find that file in the first place, since she hid the folder and put a password on it.
- Last one is Haruka, who talks about heating things up... after which the stage promptly catches fire. Casualties: Yomi's bean sprout plants.
- When Imu and Murasaki have a falling-out during the Hebijo story arc, Ryona has just the tactic to get them to make up: set the stage on fire so they have other things to worry about. Miyabi and Ryobi are not amused.
- Afterwards, Ryobi actually punishes Ryona for her antics by being... mildly upset at her. As she explains, Ryona would simply enjoy actual, physical punishment or severe tongue-lashings and would think Ryobi was playing a game if her sister ignored her. She even threatens Ryona with a gentle tap on the head if she does something like this again... and it works. It worries an onlooking Miyabi that the sisters are actually two of her closest allies.
- When the Mikagura Sisters finally reunite with their old playmate (Kagura), Hanabi promptly explodes with delight and surprise.
- In the anime, Katsuragi tells Ikaruga that her breasts are so huge they should have their own zip code.
- One of the special episodes has some Bathtub Bonding with Ikaruga and Katsuragi, with Ikaruga asking for some advice. She needs help thinking of lyrics for a song for her brother, trying to fix her relationship with him. Katsuragi agrees, and asks to hear what she has so far. It turns out, the song is a rap. What then commences is Ikaruga rapping, making strange poses, while naked. All with a straight face. Katsuragi can't believe it.
- The Dressing Room and its wide array of different outfits and accessories has been a source for this since Burst It has gotten so bad that since Deep Crimson Tamsoft added the option to enable custom outfits and costume damage in story cutscenes.
- Burst had a bunch of oversized mascot outfits custom-tailored for each of the Hanzo girls. Is hard to not laugh at the story cutscenes when your girl is dressed like a huge fox.
- Since Burst The Eyepatch of Power is an unlockable accessory that can be equipped to anybody. But equip it on Yagyū and Mirai, who already have an Eyepatch of Power, and you're essentially making them blind. Which makes fighting with them all the more absurd because you have to wonder how they can still hold their own so well against enemies without seeing them. It can get to Funny Aneurysm territory when it comes to Yagyu because she wore that eye patch as a sign for her sister's death. Should Hibari die, she would blind herself completely. Even funnier in Estival Versus because you can also dress them in a Pirate costume for good measure.
- Another design-based one. You can also dress anyone as Murasaki's surrogate companion Bebeby. Yes, you heard right. Just watching the girls fight as an oversized purple stuffed bear is guaranteed to get in a few laughs.
- Some fans managed to find hilarity in the whole temporary Twitch ban by making jokes about how Senran Kagura's fanservice was enough to break Twitch.
- This YouTube comment on the subbed version of Episode 3 of the anime (uploaded by Funimation):
- A few weeks after Shinovi Versus came out in America, players discovered quite possibly the most hilarious Game-Breaking Bug ever: A glitch when downloading the Rainbow Panties DLC caused the game to fail to boot up, rendering it unplayable. While this may sound like bad news, what puts it into CMoF territory is XSeed's official response to the issue:
We're aware of the Rainbow Panties issue and are currently looking into it. Such colorful undergarments are too much for the world...
- Ryōna's growling sounds less like GRRRRR and more like GADUDUDUDU.
- Muramasa's remark on how Seimei could easily win a sleeping tournament without even trying.
- In New Wave's Tower Events, losing all your stamina during the running sequence will cause the player to trip and fall. What makes it even funnier is the fact that the camera continues to move even after they've fallen.
- Ayame's Ultimate Ninja Art has her opening a street vendor stand on the spot and then throwing bunch of random stuff including rubber ducks, shurikens, balls, heart-shaped confetti cases, cardboard boxes, the panty lottery box and finally the drawers where she keeps her underwear.
- As part of the marketing for Estival Versus, this site was made: http://gogokickme.com/bootyland/ detailing Ryobi and Yomi's attempt to crowdfund enough money to open up a butt-themed amusement park.
- XSEED Games's April Fools joke: a homage-cum-Take That! to 90's American censorship and localization in the form of Stealth Kids of Ninja High. Highlights include the overall sub-par sound quality, Ikaruga's katana becoming a lightsaber, Katsuragi making grabby-fingers and proclaiming "I like typing!", and Asuka revealing an entirely unedited box of futomaki rolls to her friends: