Being a comedy, Paranatural is naturally full of humour on almost every page. This is a list of some of the webcomic's best.
- All of P.J.
- All of Isaac's Shonen protagonist moments. All of them.
- Max's dad, in all his irresponsible, silly glory. Some examples:
- Note the sign on the pizza delivery car on this page. "Papa Squat's PIZZA And Wiretapping". Also note the comment chain it set off.
- "A swift jab becomes two dolphins!" and the ridiculous comment chain it sent off.
"A thrust of your butt becomes a Racist Whale Frog"
- If you look closely at Mr. Spender's suit here, you'll notice it's actually footsie pyjamas.
- Close examination of the following scenes reveals that everyone in the dream nexus is similarly attired.
- As Zack states, this is a Weird Page. And it is glorious.
- Awesome Art aside, this page is fantastic.
Ed: She's… she's… CHANGING THE SUBJECT!!
- Apparently, there's a spirit that's a bald eagle wearing an Uncle Sam tophat whose only job is to show up and cry a single tear whenever someone insults authority.
- Also from that page: Max's problem with Johnny's threat being his bad grammar, all of Johnny's faces.
- This entire page, where Spender forgets that the spirit he's fighting is still there.
- The whole conversation between Johnny and his gang here. Golfers are notoriously mortal.
I can't think of a single immortal golfer.
- Mr Starchman uses his noodle
- Due to some coincidental word choice, Max's dad thinks he's some kind of weird psychic (the seeing the future kind)note
- Johnny and his self-defeating chase
- This entire page, where everyone keeps interrupting each other.
- The 'teams'.
- Here, Spender suspects (incorrectly) a Look Behind You ruse from Forge.
Spectral, behind you! Spender:
Aha! I won't fall for THAT a sixth time! Forge:
… Alt Text:
In Spender's defense, one of those was a "Whatever you do, DON'T look behind you" which is really tricky
- Chapter 4, Page 100 is a bizarre mix of this and an absolutely tear-jerking moment (Spoilers all over! Read the page at your own risk!). Eightfold is - tragically - going to be lost forever. Her whole farewell speech seems to be building to tear-jerking "famous last words..." but instead, we get Shoujo dramatics and "See you later... crocodile."
commenter: I am crying and laughing at the same time. This is entirely unsporting, Zack.
- The Power of Love saves Max from an incoming disaster! Though considering how it manifests Max most likely wishes that it hadn't.
- After 72 pages of absence, Johnny and his crew finally make it to our heroes! And what do they see when they get there? Well.. The more important thing to ask about is how they took it.