is a fairly new YouTube Poop
maker who made a name for himself with his music video poops. He has since included other media, including My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
and movies into the mix, whilst avoiding endless repetition of "classic" sources. He often (But not always
) uses clean humor, in stark contrast to other poopers such as CS188
. Oh, and he also created the vector
for Forever Alone Guy
Notable Poops by DaThings1 include:Music Related Other
Tropes Associated with DaThings1:
- All There in the Manual: One viewer came up with an endorsed plot summary of the events in "Sweeney Todd Completes His Arm", which not only connects the jokes together in a fairly nonsensical plot, but expands on a few of the jokes.. This was inspired by a similar moment when another viewer had done the same thing with "The LOL King".
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Sister Maria is a drug-obsessed hippie.
Maria: I want to be stoned, I want to trip BALLS, I want to be HIGH, I want to browse /r/trees... (Caption: That's enough stoner jokes.)
- Artistic License - Geography: In-universe example in Faces of Florida. At the beginning of the video Gwonam thinks that Florida is an island, which understandably results in the King and Zelda laughing at him.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The second half of "Jore Jarrison on Drinks" mostly consists of George Harrison ranting about Youtube Poop.
- Captain Obvious: Sister Maria informs us that "The hills! Are hills!"
- Deadpan Snarker: Tends to slip into this when dealing with some of his more...unsavory commenters.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In his Les Miserables YTP, Jajvert kills Joj Valjeaj for stealing bread. Is that better or worse than in the book? (where Valjean was imprisoned for 17 years instead.)
- Early-Installment Weirdness: His early poops were more vulgar before he decided to pursue a more "family friendly" style.
- Gay Option: In "Date Mystery", there is a chance that the player's Mystery Date will be a bifauxnen. Not that the girls in the commercial seem to mind it.
- Halfway Plot Switch: "Ring Around the Rosen" abruptly switches into a poop of the trailer for The Ring.
- Stealth Pun: The title, due to the above event.
- "Cinnamon Bunglasses at Night" simialrly switches from a poop of the "Sunglasses at Night" song to a craft video of someone making cinnamon bun-shaped soap.
- Not so Above It All: Sometimes the vulgarity slips back in.
- Overused Running Gag: "Sus" jokes; i.e., taking the first half of a word and then reversing it. It can get very tiresomoserit if that's not your thing.
- Overly-Long Gag: In "Obama Bails Out", Obama spends a very long time explaining what his plan is not.
Obama: It's not a plan to create jobs, it is not a plan to reduce the deficit, it is not a plan to build the deficit, it is not a plan to create jaj, it is not a plan to defecate, it is not a plan to sit, it is not a planet, it is not a plant, it is not a plalp...
- Running Gag: "Memes used to be funny"
- Shout-Out: He makes frequent reference to Cs188, particularly by inserting references to CS' Running Gags of "HoH SiS" and "joj".
- Tropes Are Not Good: He's attracted some criticism over how his videos lack in mature humor.