Creator / DaThings1
is a somewhat new YouTube Poop
maker who made a name for himself with his music video poops (the literal music videos
, not YTPMVs
). He has since included other media, including My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
and movies into the mix, whilst avoiding endless repetition of "classic" sources. He often (But not always
) uses clean humor, in stark contrast to other poopers such as CS188
One very known poop of his is The Super Smash Bros. Hype Train Derailment
, a (perpetual) sequel to Soup or Smash Bros.
Said poop included Etika and InfernoOmni. Surprizingly enough, Etika himself found out about the poop on Twitter
and make a reaction video
Oh, and DaThings1 also created the vector
for Forever Alone Guy
Notable Poops by DaThings1 include:Music Related Other
Tropes Associated with DaThings1's content:
- All There in the Manual: One viewer came up with an endorsed plot summary of the events in "Sweeney Todd Completes His Arm", which not only connects the jokes together in a fairly nonsensical plot, but expands on a few of the jokes.. This was inspired by a similar moment when another viewer had done the same thing with "The LOL King".
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Sister Maria is a drug-obsessed hippie.
Maria: I want to be stoned, I want to trip BALLS, I want to be HIGH, I want to browse /r/trees... (Caption: That's enough stoner jokes.)
- Artistic License – Geography: In-universe example in Faces of Florida. At the beginning of the video Gwonam thinks that Florida is an island, which understandably results in the King and Zelda laughing at him.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The second half of "Jore Jarrison on Drinks" mostly consists of George Harrison ranting about Youtube Poop.
- Captain Obvious: You will find this oh-so-many times in DaThings1's poops.
- Sister Maria informs us that "The hills! Are hills!"
- The saddle expert informs that the saddle is, in fact, a saddle.
- The Phantom of The Opera updates Christine on that she has come there.
- The Lot HT host lets us know that "there are three temples in the temple temple temple".
- The Coconut Effect: From Cinnamon Bunglasses at Night:"To make the cinnamon roll look a little more realistic, I'm gonna make a real cinnamon roll and I'm just gonna paint it."
- Deadpan Snarker: Tends to slip into this when dealing with some of his more...unsavory commenters.
- Discredited Meme: "Memes used to be funny!"
- Disproportionate Retribution: In his Les Miserables YTP, Jajvert kills Joj Valjeaj for stealing bread. Is that better or worse than in the book? (where Valjean was imprisoned for 17 years instead.)
- Early Installment Weirdness: His early poops were more vulgar before he decided to pursue a more "family friendly" style.
- Gay Option: In Date Mystery, there is a chance that the player's Mystery Date will be a bifauxnen. Not that the girls in the commercial seem to mind it.
- Halfway Plot Switch: "Ring Around the Rosen" abruptly switches into a poop of the trailer for The Ring.
- Stealth Pun: The title, due to the above event.
- "Cinnamon Bunglasses at Night" simialrly switches from a poop of the "Sunglasses at Night" song to a craft video of someone making cinnamon bun-shaped soap.
- "The Sharkshank Redaction" is originally a Youtube Poop about sharks, but halfway through, Rog takes over Dathings1 (as he says in the video), and the rest of the video is about Rog.
- Human Resources: Wow! It's Made: Revelations reveals that pillows are made from processed employees.
- Ice-Cream Koan: From The Mythsters:"It may look nothing like Stevie Wonder, but Stevie doesn't even know how he looks."
- Not So Above It All: Sometimes the vulgarity slips back in.
- No Sympathy: Javert, naturally.
Valjean: We were starving!
: You will starve again! LOL
- Overused Running Gag: "Sus" jokes; i.e., taking the first half of a word and then reversing it. It can get very tiresome if that's not your thing.
- Overly Long Gag: In "Obama Bails Out", Obama spends a very long time explaining what his plan is not.
Obama: It's not a plan to create jobs, it is not a plan to reduce the deficit, it is not a plan to build the deficit, it is not a plan to create jaj, it is not a plan to defecate, it is not a plan to sit, it is not a planet, it is not a plant, it is not a plan, it is not a plalp...
- Running Gag: "Memes used to be funny"
- Self-Imposed Challenge: DaThings tries to avoid vulgarities in his videos, which presumably allows him to reach a wider audience. However, this severely limits his material and makes his remaining editing tricks more obvious (and often grating) to viewers.
- Shout-Out: He makes frequent reference to Cs188, particularly by inserting references to CS' Running Gags of "HoH SiS" and "joj".
- Tropes Are Not Good: He's attracted some criticism over how his videos lack in mature humor.