Creator: Michael Rosen
Michael Rosen (born 7 May 1946) is a Children's author and poet, known for his work on YouTube where he tells his stories, complete with strange facial expressions. He is most famous in Britain for his "Going on a Bear Hunt" song, and he is a popular target for YouTube Poop. His material can be found at the channel "artificedesign".
Tropes that apply to him:
- Large Ham: He ticks all the boxes, with his ridiculous facial expressions.
- Lost Forever: His book "The Hypnotiser", containing some of his best stories, is out of print, and his YouTube channel is the only place to view the stories.
- Slasher Smile: A rather famous one, present in nearly all his videos.
Tropes in his poems and stories:
- Anthropomorphic Food: "Fast Food" describes a hamburger running away from the bar where he's about to be fried. Contains a bit of a pro-vegetarian Aesop as well.
- Parody Commercial: "Toenails" is one for, well, toenails.
- Sadist Teacher: The teacher described in "Strict", who forbids students from breathing in her class. Those who didn't keel over and die from not breathing were sent to "school prison" if they slammed the desk lid while snatching a quick breath under the desk, where they'd be strung up in a dungeon with rats nibbling at their toes."Ma'am? Can I go out and do some breathing?"
"No! You've got all playtime to do that!"
- Shaggy Dog Story: "The Skyfoogle". A man puts up a tent, promising to show off a terrfying creature called the Skyfoogle. He then runs out of the tent, claiming the Skyfoogle to have escaped. None of them has seen the man, their money, or the Skyfoogle again.
- Shout-Out: Possibly the title of "Tomato Two, or How I Learned to Love Tomatoes" (which gets interesting when you realise Michael is British)
- Squick: "Horrible" is about Michael buying a cheap pizza in a paper bag, which he splatters all over his face and knuckles, breathes in through his nose, whilst he dribbles everywhere licks his tongue over his knuckles and gets bag stuck in his mouth.