This page is for the Let's Play series. The film does not have a page as of yet.
The creator of the versus series, and usually the editor. He tends to be very
sexual and inappropriate with his commentary to a hilarious degree, particularly by how casually he makes jokes of the sort. So far, he has appeared in all of the Versus
LPs except Link to the Past
and a couple mini or MOOSE ones.
- Ass Shove: A frequent part of his comedy.
- Bad Liar: He invokes this often for humour purposes. However, when he actually tries to lie to Josh, he usually pulls it off.
- Berserk Button: Donna calling the stars "Shines" annoys him.
- Big "NO!" / Big "YES!": Frequently when he fails or succeeds. Sometimes he'll let one off just because Josh shouts out the opposite.
- Butt Monkey: Especially in Galaxy Versus.
- The guy has also lost the first four versus in a row, not counting one-offs.
- Camp Straight
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Exemplified in Luigi's Mansion Versus episode 6, when he goes on a long string of talking about wanting to lie down and how candy corn and pixie sticks sound awesome right now... Then squees over finding a golden mouse, sucks it up and goes right back to his train of thought.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the giving end of this against Josh during Break the Targets of Super Smash Bros. Melee versus where he has 20 wins to Josh's 5
- Despair Event Horizon: Parodied in Sunshine Versus.
- Played a bit more straight later on, when he dies literally right before getting the Shine Sprite in a level he had been having lots of trouble with. He ends up breaking down crying for a little bit.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite trying to win and usually trying to screw with the other person so he can gain an edge, he'll still sometimes help them out if help is needed, or extend a video's length so they can finish up.
- He also starts posting Content Warnings during Galaxy Versus after seeing how much swearing and such was present in Sunshine Versus.
- Got Me Doing It: He's started calling stars "shines" because of Donna.
- Heroic BSOD: See Despair Event Horizon above.
- Hidden Depths: He makes some awesome music, such as the intro music for Sunshine Versus and Galaxy Versus.
- Also, as revealed in Luigi's Mansion Versus, he has an IQ of 142, which is genius level.
- Large Ham
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: "Shut up, [X], your life is not as difficult as mine!" Replace [X] with something like Anne Frank or starving African children, and you get the basic idea of the phrase.
- Malaproper: Sometimes done jokingly, like when he calls the anteroom "the anteater room". Other times he really does keep saying it wrong, like saying "Luigi Mansions" instead of "Luigi's Mansion".
- Man Child: He's likely one of the most immature people you'll ever meet. He seems to use his off-color commentary in place of anything intelligent.
- Oh, Crap: A lot. If it's a big one, usually followed by a Big "NO!" or Atomic F-Bomb.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Zig-zagged. The people he races against call him Tyler, but he always introduces himself as AttackingTucans.
- Overprotective Dad: A rare non-dating example; his dad is so overprotective that he forbids Tyler from visiting Donna during the summer, even though Tyler had already paid a bunch of money for the plane ticket, forcing him to pay an extra $200 for a different ticket. All of this was just because he didn't want Tyler meeting up with someone he only knew on the Internet. He even threatened to stop paying for Tyler's car insurance and college if he went.
- Phrase Catcher: "Goddammit, Tyler", most often said by Josh to him.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Most noticeable in Galaxy Versus, in which he often manages to out-girly Donnabellez.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Always red.
- Sir Swearsalot
- Toilet Humour: Regularly.
- Totally Radical: Uses this way of speaking sometimes, particularly his constant usage of the word "totally" (occasionally shortened to "totes").
- Troll: During Sunshine, he flips Josh's screen upside-down in editing for a few minutes. Then in part 5 of Galaxy, not only does he get away with losing fewer star bits from a Bit Blowout, he previously had Donna do a double Bit Blowout.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to episode 10 of Galaxy, anyway.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: When it seemed like he was going to win 64 versus, along with winning his first versus ever, he died near the end of the final red coin mission. Josh caught up, and won the versus because of that.
The first person Tyler raced against, and his usual opponent. Co-founder of the versus series. First appeared in Sunshine Versus
and Luigi's Mansion Versus
, latter of which he hosted and edited. His commentary is a bit like Tyler's, likely due to being around him, but not nearly as bad and he is usually the more down-to-earth of the two.
The second person Tyler raced against, appearing in Super Mario Galaxy Versus
. Usually on par with Tyler in terms of energy.
The third person Tyler raced against, appearing in Sonic Adventure 2 Versus
. She's about as vulgar as Tyler. Her team is the 'Lucah Troopas.' At the time of writing, she has yet to have a proper appearance on the Versus channel.
The fourth person Tyler raced against, appearing in Mega Man Versus
. Is one of the three main members of The Runaway Guys
, and Tyler's let's play inspiration.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Stays ahead of Tyler for pretty much all of Mega Man versus.
- Foregone Conclusion: Winning Mega Man Versus didn't surprise very many viewers.
- Nice Guy: Easily the nicest Let's Player to appear in a Versus. He's respectful of Tyler during Mega Man Versus and when he boasts about how good he is at the game, he immediately apologizes.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the blue oni to Tyler, and is also the blue oni in comparison to the other let's players Tyler raced against.
The second person Josh raced against, appearing in Donkey Kong Country MOOSE
- Always Someone Better: Surpasses Tyler's famous height, as brought up in Super Monkey Ball versus.
- Bad Liar: When he tries to convince Josh that he was still doing Barrel Cannon Canyon and was messing up in it when he already finished the level.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Beat Josh in Donkey Kong Country MOOSE without losing a single level.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Josh's red oni.
The third person Josh raced against, appearing in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Versus
. His team is 'Team Beardman'.
- Badass Beard: Josh jokingly says that Jirard's beard is basically a god.
- Berserk Button: According to him, saying his name as 'Jared' is this for him.
- Graceful Loser: Claims that he'll be fine if Josh wins the versus, and even says that he's rooting for the Jep Squad (though he still tries his best)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Josh's red oni.