Characters: Super Effective
open/close all folders
- Author Avatar: As he follows Scott's adventures, he can be thought of as this.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Hilariously delivers one to Brock.
- Elemental Powers: Not him, but the Pokemon he owns:
- Embarrassing First Name: Not him, but his Pidgey, which his Pokédex suggests nicknaming "Butts".
- Jerkass: Played for Laughs, he names his rival Douche.
- He later beats up a trainer who is being a perfectly good sport over losing, just to acquire 430 Pokémon Dollars.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In spades.
- Only Sane Man: Given the other characters...
- Silent Protagonist: Like in canon, Red never says a word. Not that he needs to. If needed, the Pokedex provides dialogue or exposition.
- The Power of Friendship: What inspired Clefairy to come with him.
Blue / Douche
- Accidental Misnaming: The name's Blue, not Douche.
- Always Someone Better: Was this to Red in the past, and thinks he still is.
- Anime Hair
- Catch Phrase: "Smell ya later!"
- Fail O'Suckyname: Courtesy of Red.
- Jerkass: YMMV on whether it is played for laughs, but he insults his Squirtle to the point where it throws up to use Water Gun in an attempt to please him.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Gets way too close to Red on occasion...
- Stalker with a Crush: Blue shows signs of this when he comes back to take his Catch Phrase literally.
- The Rival
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Unlike in the canon games, this is averted. Flashbacks show him as being just as much of a prick as a child as he is now.
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer: To her Bulbasaur of all things.
- Black Comedy Rape: Green is a walking rape joke.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cute and Psycho
- Dungeon Bypass
- Enfant Terrible: Kills Pokemon by mowing the grass.
- Elemental Powers: Her Pokemon.
- Fille Fatale: Professor Oak was only too happy to hang a lantern over this.Oak: "She's TEN you sick fuck!"
- Power Perversion Potential: When she gets Bulbasaur.Green: "Oh sweet! Tentacles!"
- Butt Monkey
- Continuity Nod / Shout-Out: To the anime. Brock wanted to travel along with Red and become a Pokemon Breeder. Oh that did not turn out well.
- Elemental Powers: As always, his Pokemon.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Onix and Geodude.
- Eyes Always Shut:"I know what you're thinking. I've been training here a while and in ten thousand light-years ... I've never seen him open those eyes."
- Innocent Innuendo: He wants to go with Red on his journey and breed.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall:"Gen III bullcrap."
- Oblivious Mockery: Brock, while standing next to Red, who just happens to have chosen fire:Brock: You know, some people actually come here choosing fire as their starter Pokémon. Crazy, huh?
- Oh, Crap: A massive one after he discovers Red's Charmander now knows "Metal Claw".
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Sees Green's Ivysaur and throws her the badge in frustration.
Team Rocket Grunts
- Com Mons: Part of their team.
- Elemental Powers: Their Pokemon.
- Eye Am Watching You: Here.
- Failed Attempt at Drama:"Team Rocket is an unstoppable crime syndicate with limitless resources and untold power. Go Zubat! He's level eleven."
- Shout-Out: One of them tells Red to "Prepare For Trouble!"
- Stupid Grunts
- Absent-Minded Professor: He's forgotten his own grandson's name until Red 'reminds' him...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: In spades.
- Even Crazy Has Standards: Willing to put his grandson and local child in danger to go find 150 Pokemon, but even he's not into children.
- Precision F-Strike
- The Professor
- Troll: To elaborate:Douche: "Every Pokemon? Are you serious? You're sending us KIDS out into the world to find EVERY Pokemon? You don't see ANYTHING dangerously irresponsible about this?"Oak: "Nope! Gotta Catch 'em All!"
Dex V 1.2
- Deadpan Snarker
- Goddamned Bats: References this.
- Magical Computer
- Super Cell Reception: Much to Red's dismay, the phone function works even when sneaking through Mt. Moon.
- Troll: About as much as Oak. Gives ridiculous suggestions for Pokemon nicknames. Upon Red catching a Pidgey:Dex: Oooh, I know. Call it "BUTTS"! BUTTS used GUST! Haha...classic.
- Breaking News: As delivered by Slowpoke whenever a famous person dies, utilizing Delayed Reaction.
- Delayed Reaction
- Late To The Realization: The Slowpoke News will report on subjects that happened over anywhere between half a year and 3 DECADES earlier. Somehow, it's 2nd installment also managed to combine this trope with Too Soon...
Pikachu the Electric Killer
- Adaptational Villainy: Pikachu reimagined as an Ax-Crazy serial killer.
- Evil Makes You Ugly: Pikachu is decidedly less cute than the standard variety.
- Evil Scar
- Great Escape: Pikachu used Dig. It's Super Effective...
- Hidden Supplies: Ready for anything.
- No Sell: The electric chair may have been a poor choice.
- Troll: Responds to Jenny's multiple execution attempts with a smirk.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Tries to tell Green she's cute. He instead spouts his infamous line, causing his own Face Palm.
- Catch Phrase: Even when he doesn't want to say it."I like shorts! They're comfortable and easy to wear!"
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Red rescued him from Team Rocket, he offered Red a fossil...only if Red battles him first. Naturally, Red tied him back up and made on his way.