open/close all folders
- Character Development: As time goes on, Mei's personality begins to change. She becomes more accepting of the people around her, which helps her make friends again. She grows to be more social and starts to become closer to others. This is proven when Megumi befriends Asami and Aiko in order to leave Mei without friends. Despite this change in her personality, Mei continues to be as clumsy, observant and honest as she was in the beginning of the series.
- Deadpan Snarker: Moreso in the manga than anime, but it's definitely there.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father died of cancer.
- Friendless Background
- The Quiet One: As a result of her childhood bullying.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Leraldo Anzaldua (English)
- Amazon Chaser: Started to like Mei when she kicked him. It was because she thought he was lifting up her skirt, it was actually Kenji.
- Big Man on Campus: His popularity is off the charts.
- Chick Magnet: Almost all the girls at his school are in love with him.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Yamato punched a notorious player, Kakeru Hayakawa, from his school after he tempted (and failed) Mei to have sex with him. Another example is his pissed off reaction when he hears (untrue) rumors of Mei and Kai.
- Freudian Excuse: It is later revealed that his necessity to help and protect others comes from his middle school years when he couldn't help a friend who was being bullied. He has been feeling guilty since then, as reason he didn't help his friend was for fear of getting bullied himself.
- Nice Guy: One of the reasons why he so popular. Asami describes Yamato as someone who thinks of others more than anyone else, protects what should be protected, and cares for others despite having his own problems to deal with.
- D-Cup Distress: She has been bullied because of her breast size. It doesn't help that Nakanishi goes on about them non-stop at first.
- The Glomp
- Official Couple/Beta Couple: With Kenji.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Kenji does admire Asami's breast size, but that's not his only reason for wanting to be her boyfriend.
- Official Couple/Beta Couple: With Asami.
Voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama (Japanese), Carli Mosier (English)
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She starts off wanting to win Yamato from Mei, but quickly gives up and becomes a friends with Mei. She also seems recover from her eating disorder at this time.