Characters: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dastan was born a street urchin in 6th-century Persia he was adopted by the king, after he shows valor and integrity, in an effort to prevent his two others sons from fighting over the throne.
- Anti-Hero: He drinks, bloodily dispatches enemies, and causes property damage on a ridiculous scale, though that last one isn't technically all his fault.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Even if his brothers don't like it, he'll always try to do the right thing.
- Clear My Name: He was accused of murdering his father when the robe he gave to him was found to be poisoned.
- Combat Pragmatist: He's not above running away, when the situation calls for it.
- Composite Character: Of all the Prince characters from the games.
- Determinator: Even being beaten to a bloody-pulp will not keep him down for long.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Dastan, the boy that risked his life to save someone wrongly persecuted ends up leading the attack on an innocent nation, though doing so from misinformation and out of a concern to avoid, as much as possible, the horrendous death tolls that the original attack plan's full frontal assault would most likely incur going by Real Life historical record.note
Princess Tamina is second protagonist of the Prince of Persia
film. Tamina is a Princess whom Prince Dastan teams up with to protect the Sands of Time. While her relationship with Dastan appears to begin badly
, the two eventually
get over their differences.
- Composite Character: Princess Tamina, judging by her actions and behavior, is a combination of all the female characters from the games (Farah, Kaileena and Elika).
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts off cold and uninterested in anyone's goals but her own. She gets better later on.
- Hot-Blooded: One of the rare female examples.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Implied to be the case with Princess Tamina and her ancestresses. According to the back story she tells to Dastan, she is descended from a girl who managed to prevent the gods from destroying all of mankind through the wish of her pure heart that humanity would be spared.
- Indy Hat Roll: Tamina does this while she and Dastan are running from Sheik Amar and Seso.
- Lady of War: Not as skilled as Dastan perhaps, but she can hold her own if she needs.
- Playing Possum: In one of many attempts to get the Dagger back from Dastan.
- Princesses Rule: Tamina, the princess of Alamut.
- Rescue Romance: There was romance, but Tamina had to sacrifice herself so that Dastan could focus on stopping Nizan.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Tamina starts to fall for Dastan after realizing what a good person he is and how selfless he is to help her cause. That is, once Tamina tells the truth and they stop backstabbing each other.
Sheik Amar is an entrepreneur and an ostrich racing organizer.
- Action Duo: With Seso, though it takes a while (and the mention of gold) to get him interested in coming along.
- Take That: He takes a stab on taxes.
- Those Two Guys: With Seso.
- Troll: "You know what they say about men who use big swords."
- Visual Pun: After running from a fight, he hides behind a chicken coop.
- You Talk Too Much: Seso uses up his speech token to tell his boss this when he's worrying about the dangerous mission.
Seso (Steve Toussaint)
Seso is a Ngbaka, an expert knife thrower and man-servant to Sheik Amar.
Tus (Richard Coyle)
Tus is the first son of King Sharaman (and therefore crown prince), and adopted older brother to Dastan.
Garsiv (Toby Kebbell)
Garsiv is the second son of King Sharaman and adopted older brother to Dastan. Garsiv is also the hot-headed leader of the Persian Army.
- Cain and Abel: Nizam kills his brother because he wants to be king. Then he tries to go back in time to kill him sooner, so he can be king instead of his nephew.
- Revealing Injury: Dastan realizes his uncle is the true Big Bad when he notices that his hands are burned from handling the poisoned mantle that killed the king - despite having never touched the robe onscreen.
- Villainous Breakdown: At the end of the movie, with his plans ruined by Dastan (because he had already lived through all the events and knew what would happen), Nizam furiously attacks him, thus making evident he was the conspirator.
The Order Of Hassansins
The Hassansins' Leader (Zolm) (GÝsli Írn Gararsson)