Creator: Ben Kingsley
British actor, born Krishna Pandit Bhanji on December 31, 1943. With a Badass Beard, a Bald of Awesome and a great voice, he is best known for his roles as the title character in Gandhi, Itzhak Stern in Schindlers List, and Georges Méliès in Martin Scorsese's Hugo. One of the truly great dramatic actors of cinema, he will also take on more lowbrow roles if he thinks he'll get to have fun.
Notable Roles for Sir Ben Kingsley:
- Gandhi, where he plays the man himself, Mahatma Gandhi. His first major role, directed by Richard Attenborough.
- The title character of a movie adaptation of Silas Marner.
- Itzhak Stern in Schindlers List. Interestingly, when Gandhi won the Best Picture Oscar, Attenborough wanted Steven Spielberg to win for ET The Extra Terrestrial, and Spielberg would later direct Kingsley in this film.
- Lord Kagan in the first BloodRayne film. He always wanted to play a Vampire Lord.
- Don Logan in Sexy Beast, for which he was nominated for 16 awards, and won 11.
- Nizam in the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie.
- Massoud Amir Behrani in House of Sand and Fog.
- Georges Méliès in Hugo.
- Robert in the film of Betrayal.
- The sinister psychologist Dr. Cawley in Shutter Island.
- Treacherous Advisor Tamir in the Sacha Baron Cohen comedy The Dictator (not only did Cohen star in Hugo, but the role of Tamir is very similar to Nizam in Prince of Persia).
- Mazer Rackham in the film adaptation of Enders Game.
- The Mandarin's in-universe actor, Trevor Slattery in Iron Man 3
- Dr. Watson, but not The Watson, in Without a Clue
- The villainous Archibald Snatcher in The Boxtrolls, his first animated role.
- Otto Frank in Anne Frank The Whole Story.
- As Himself in The Sopranos, where Christopher Moltesanti tries to pitch him his idea for a gangster-horror movie.
- Billionaire industrialist Damian Hale in Self/less
- Bagheera in the 2016 adaptation of The Jungle Book.