Yes, he's also Indian.
British actor, born Krishna Pandit Bhanji on December 31, 1943. With a Badass Beard
, a Bald of Awesome
and a great voice, he is best known for his roles as the title character in Gandhi
, Itzhak Stern in Schindler's List
, and Georges Méliès
in Martin Scorsese
Notable Roles for Sir Ben Kingsley:
- Gandhi, where he plays the man himself, Mahatma Gandhi. His first major role, directed by Richard Attenborough.
- The title character of a movie adaptation of Silas Marner.
- Itzhak Stern in Schindler's List. Interestingly, when Gandhi won the Best Picture Oscar, Attenborough wanted Steven Spielberg to win for ET The Extra Terrestrial, and Spielberg would later direct Kingsley in this film.
- Lord Kagan in the first BloodRayne film. He always wanted to play a Vampire Lord.
- Don Logan in Sexy Beast, for which he was nominated for 16 awards, and won 11.
- Nizam in the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie.
- Massoud Amir Behrani in House of Sand and Fog.
- Georges Méliès in Hugo.
- Robert in the film of Betrayal.
- Treacherous Advisor Tamir in the Sacha Baron Cohen comedy The Dictator (not only did Cohen star in Hugo, but the role of Tamir is very similar to Nizam in Prince of Persia).
- Mazer Rackham in the film adaptation of Ender’s Game.
- The Mandarin's in-universe actor, Trevor Slattery in Iron Man 3
- Dr. Watson, but not The Watson, in Without A Clue