Gemma Christina Arterton (born 2 February 1986) is an English actress.
She has appeared in
- St. Trinian's
- Lost in Austen
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles
- Quantum of Solace
- St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold
- The Boat That Rocked
- Clash of the Titans
- The Disappearance Of Alice Creed
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Tamara Drewe
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- The Voices
- Their Finest
This actress provides examples of:
- Contractual Purity: Invoked. She refuses to do nudity, and claims it cost her a lot of roles as a result. She did, however, agree to show more skin than usual in the film Tamara Drewe.
- Extra Digits: She was born with six fingers on both hands (they were surgically removed shortly after). In her own words: "It's my little oddity that I'm really proud of it. It makes me different".
- Hollywood Hype Machine: It got behind her big time after her One-Scene Wonder role as Strawberry Fields in Quantum of Solace. Her attempted breakout roles—Clash of the Titans, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Prince of Persia and Byzantium—didn't amount to much.
- What Could Have Been: It was announced that she would play Catherine Earnshaw in an adaptation of Wuthering Heights but she eventually left the project. As this was in 2009, presumably this was the miniseries with Tom Hardy as Heathcliffe. The role was eventually played by Charlotte Riley.