open/close all folders
Seven o' Seven
Voiced by: Romi Park (JP), Anna Tsuchiya (JP Singing voice), Rebecca Shoichet (EN), Portrayed by: Mika Nakashima
- Blue Oni: to Hachi's Red
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Fatal Flaw: Her jealousy towards Trapnest's success and the resentment she sometimes feels towards Ren because of it. She continuously pushes him away because of this, which causes a painful back-and-forth of emotional highs and lows for her and Ren.
- Friendless Back Ground
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Missing Mom
- Raised by her Grandma
- Tomboy: To Hachi's girly girl
Voiced by: KAORI (JP), Kelly Sheridan (EN), Portrayed by: Aoi Miyazawa (Film 1), Yui Ichikawa (Film 2)
- Adoptive Peer Parent: She's this to Shin.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: [[description in Character Development spoiler below]]
- Character Development: Probably more so than anyone else in the series. She begins as a hopeless romantic, who has the unflattering traits of also being needy, self-centered, and overly concerned more in appearances than the actual content of a person. fast-forward and she chooses a man who she knows is unfaithful to her and whose love is questionable over a guy she knows cares about her and that she genuinely loves because she knows the former can provide for her the lifestyle she wants for her and her child without sacrificing his dream (since he already has it) while the latter would have to give up his dream just to support her.
- Fatal Flaw: Self-centeredness. She is constantly smacking herself on the head for not taking into account others' feelings before doing or saying something. It makes her actions in her character development all the more poignant.
- Genki Girl
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: For Nana O. & Nobu; the reason why she choose to raise her baby with Takumi
- I Just Want to Be Loved
- Girly Girl: To Nana's tomboy
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
- Love at First Sight: If only Junko had a dime for everytime Hachi "fell in love".Junko: Nana, I get the idea you came here to get yourself a boyfriend, right?
- Love Martyr: With Takumi
- Love Revelation Epiphany: Nobu; when he vows that he'll show Takumi that he'll be better than him for Hachi & it was confirmed when he officially proclaimed his love for her by the river
- Nice Girl
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She's populary known as "Hachi" in and out of universe.
- Parental Substitute: Hachi becomes this to Misato and Shin. Shin tells her that he wished that he was born her child. Later she officially becomes to Shin by calling herself his mother
- Red Oni: To Nana and Junko's blue
- Smitten Teenage Girl: In her teens
- Team Mom
- Team Chef: One of the things that Hachi is most noted for by the rest of the characters is her cooking. She prepares lunch/dinner for everyone during the Mahjong match at apartment 707 where Ren & Takumi complimented her cooking. She's often cooks great meals during the get-togethers with Nana O. andBlast. Even Naoki compliments her on her cooking when he first meets her at her new apartment with Takumi.
- Through His Stomach: She expresses the non-romantic form of this for Nana O. and the members of Blast. Also Takumi romantically during their fling, engagement and marriage.
- Who's Your Daddy?: It's between Takumi and Nobu.
- Wrong Guy First: She experiences twice over with Takashi Asano and then later Takumi, who was great for a fling but necessarily an exclusive relationship three times over if you include she got back together with Takumi and married him but he wasn't a faithful attentive husband. When he goes to London in the future, Hachi looks to be in reconciliation with Nobu.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (JP), Matthew Erickson (EN)
- Can't Hold His Liquor: He even stopped drinking for a while because of this.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He tries to confess to Hachi after finding out Takumi slept her but lost his nerve and ran out but not before claiming that he'll show Takumi, leaving Hachi bewildered about that statement. He finally after talking with Shin about the one thing he has over Takumi; that he genuinely loves Hachi. Somewhat of an Anguished Love Confession here
- Fatal Flaw: He idealizes women to a fault. This made him unable to really understand Hachi's needs, pushing her to choose Takumi who would never hold her faults against her because he sees her as human. This also becomes a rubbing point and source of irony when he starts dating Yuri, an AV actress.
- Nice Guy
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Hachi shows this with him later Yuri after Hachi chooses Takumi for her baby. Possibly with Hachi in the flash-forwards moments
Voiced by: Akira Ishida (JP), David A Kaye (EN)
- Abusive Parents: His adoptive father whose his late mother's husband didn't love him or claim
- Dysfunctional Family: Shin was a product of his mother having affair abroad. His mother committed suicide not long after Shin was born. Although his mother's husband adopted him and raised him, he refused to acknowledge as his son. He found true parental love with Hachi who was his Parental Substitute.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind
- Happily Adopted: He becomes this with Hachi.
- Prostitute with a Heart of Gold
- Minor Living Alone: He was this before Staying with Friends with Nobu
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The blue to Layla's Pink.
- Wise Beyond Their Years
- Younger Than They Look
Voiced by: Yoshihisa Kawahara (JP), Brian Drummond (EN)
- Bald of Awesome
- Big Brother Mentor
- Cool Shades
- Fatal Flaw: He puts the needs of others over his own. He more than once buries his own feelings for Nana O. because he knows Ren needs her and arguably she needs him too.
- Happily Adopted: Yasu was adopted by the Takagi couple and grew up in a happy and loving family.
- Team Dad
- The Mentor
Voiced by: Hidenobu Kiuchi (JP), Samuel Vincent (EN)
- Fatal Flaw: Two: his love for Nana and his self-destructive tendencies. he relapses into a bad drug habit when Nana O. focuses more on her career than him. This was a habit he picked up BECAUSE they had broken up initially.
- Lady Killer In Love: Was known for getting around before falling in love with Nana O.
Voiced by: Aya Hirano (JP), Olivia Lufkin (JP Singing Voice), Ashleigh Ball, Portrayed by: Yuna Ito
- But Not Too Foreign: She's half-American, but keeps it a secret and goes by the name of Reira.
- Childhood Friends: With Takumi
- Childhood Friend Romance: with Takumi even after become The Mistress to him[[same as Unlucky Childhood Friend]]
- Hair Color Dissonance: Pink? Light brown? Vaguely Blonde?
- Operation:Jealousy: She did this with Yasu to get Takumi jealous. While it didn't work, she found some happiness with Yasu's steadiness.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Known and loved Takumi since childhood but unrequited
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The pink to Shin's Blue....if you can call her hair pink.
- Sex Changes Everything: Takumi's view of her changes but not necessarily for the better or as she hoped.
- Spell My Name With an L...or R: Her name is often romanized as "Reira" but she's named after the song "Layla".
- The Mistress: To Takumi
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (JP), Andrew Francis (EN)
- All Girls Want Bad Boys
- Bastard Boyfriend
- Fatal Flaw: Selfish. He cares about himself first and Trapnest second as it is an extension of himself. The Trapnest members he only cares about so far as they don't do anything (or get caught for anything) that will ruin Trapnest's, and therefore his own as well, reputation. Everything and everyone else are only of value by what they can provide for him.
- Jerk Ass: His most defining trait.
- Jerk With A Heartof Gold: He's often like this but especially with Layla & Hachi.
- Like Brother and Sister: How he views his relationship with Layla.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: aka he's a bit of Barbarian Longhair
- Married to the Job: Leader of Trapnest who wants his band to stay on top as long as possible. Trap nest comes first. Contributes greatly with his relationship troubles with Layla, whose the band's singer & unrequitedly in love with Takumi and Nana K. whose his pregnant fiancee & later wife whose constantly left alone due to his obligations and Layla.
- Why Would Anyone Take Him Back?:
- Your Cheating Heart