Lance Leader/Connor Sinclair
The leader of Damocles Commando 1 alongside Dominic "Gunner" Paine until the mission went sour and met up with remnants of other Commandos to finish the operation.
Dominic "Gunner" Paine
The second of Damocles Commando 1 under Sinclair's command and met up with at the end of Operation 1.
The third lance mate who was once part of Damocles Commando 3-4 and met up with at the end of Operation 2
Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance
Omega Lance / The Resistance
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
An opportunistic mercenary loyal only to whoever's footing his bill.
- The Ace: Specter graduated at the top of his class in the pilot program on Outreach for larger mercenary outfits to "sponsor" smaller ones.
- Player Character: The framing device is an aged Specter (post-Jihad) telling the tale of his exploits.
- Only in It for the Money: "We're here for the paycheck, not the politics."
Specter's Mercs (Various)
There are many, many mercenaries Specter can recruit to his side.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The three female lancemates with lance commander credentials you can hire at the outset: Mustang, Goat, and Blaze, respectively.
- British Stuffiness: Beowulf.
- Brave Scot: Claymore, complete with imitation Sean Connery accent. Plunk him in a Highlander to complete the trope.
- Cowgirl: Mustang, the most expensive and highly skilled (at the outset) pilot you can hire, even has the cowgirl accent.
- Fiery Redhead: Blaze, a highly skilled potential secondary lance commander evokes it with her name, even.
- New Meat: Scooter's said to be "wet behind the ears".
- Street Smart: Rubius was "raised on the streets".
- Terse Talker: Spirit is rather quiet. Most evident during ready-op call. She just goes "Spirit. Ready-op."
Specter's mission control.
- Berserk Button: Towards the Clans. Read other tropes for her below for details.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Castle was orphaned by the Clan Invasion. The period the game takes place is about fifteen or so years after the Clan Invasion period, putting her in her thirties.
- Mission Control: The two constant voices in all (non-Solaris) missions are Specter and Castle.
- Norse by Norsewest: Castle hails from the Free Rasalhague Republic, which is basically Scandinavia IN SPACE, and it shows in her accent. Before the Clan Invasion, it was an entire former Draconis Combine march that eventually seceded with tacit approval from Luthien, but it was unfortunately right in the center of the Clan Invasion Corridor. The Clan Invasion reduced it to a scant handful of worlds, none of which are the original capital world of Rasalhague.
Aisa Thastus / Falcon
A fierce trueborn Jade Falcon Star Colonel whom Specter encounters on New Exford. Depending on how events play out, Specter can wind up taking her as a bondsman.
Solaris announcer and commentator who loves almost everything about the games.
Colonel Burr and the Black Cobras
A rival mercenary unit who often show up to get in Specter's way.