- One from 3.
Captain Taylor: "But whether you're here or not we'll clear Tranquil before the incoming Smoke Jaguars get in our way. I'm sorry but that's the way it has to be. If it comes to that, dig a deep hole and hide yourselves in it. I'm sure we'll be back for you."Dominic "Gunner" Paine: "I'll dig him a hole. Dig it and throw his *Radio static*Thomas Sorenson: "Let's try not to make things harder than it already is, all right, Gunner?"
Allen: Keith made it?! How close? Can he drop some of those [Arrow IV] artillery missiles of his on the convoy for us?Gunner: Tech check, Allen. None of us are outfitted with a TAG spotting laser. Without it, Keith is about as accurate as the field base in predicting Clanner moves. No offense.
- And one regarding the mission to take what's left from the Black Hammer's wreckage.
Scourge: Okay, gimme your ears! This mission is a surgical strike, not a chainsaw massacre. Get me?! Stick to their power sources for now, mop-up comes later.Trey: Sure, sure. Focus on the primary objective, no problem.Deuce: We heard the briefing, Scourge. Just let us do our jobs.Scourge: Fair enough but be advised I will tear you a new one if you bullocks this mission. That's all.Trey: Jeeze, I get a little rowdy on leave and wind with the Lance Leader from hell!Scourge: Zip it, Trey! You ain't even close to hell yet, don't make me rush your trip!
- From the Pirate's Moon expansion, the word "dysfunctional" doesn't even begin to describe the "New Belt" pirate lance...
One-Eye Ryan: Attention all units this is Captain Ryan, the enemy force has been repelled. Our base is secure. Nicely done, people.Scourge: Maybe this time they'll learn not to mess with us.Deuce: Right... And maybe I'll use my 'Mech to deliver ice cream someday but not today.Deuce: Shut up, Trey!
- Trey gets in on some humorous snarking with Deuce's commentary.
Connor: I'd like to think this is going to be a milk run but...Epona: But you're a sensible man with an IQ above his waistline and realize that the pirates have been anything but predictable.Connor: Close enough, Epona. Close enough.
- The addition of Connor Sinclair's characterization for Pirate's Moon also adds some snarking to the surviving, experienced Damocles Commando.
Allen: Got room for me on this trip, Lieutenant?Connor: Glad you could make it, Allen.Epona: Nice paint job on your ride, Allen! Blast marks and primer, it's so... You!Allen: Love you too, Epona! [mwah] Wide hips an' all!Epona: What?! What did you say?!Connor: Alright, that's enough. Move out.
- Once Allen Matilla rejoins your lance for the first time...
Connor: Damocles One to all units: Enemy 'Mech presence has been eliminated. Secure from alert status.Corona C.O.: This is Corona Base. Don't stray too far. If I were the pirate commander, I'd be moving against your position right now while you're weak.Allen: Everyone else ready for round two?Gunner: "Join the army, see the galaxy!" What the hell was I thinking?
- Just before the penultimate Light Horse mission after Gunner rejoined your lance.
- Duncan Fisher's "off the wall" commentary from MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries is one of the biggest reasons some people go to Solaris VII.
Duncan Fisher: When the reactor goes, that's usually a sign you've taken too much damage!
- There's the blatant "Madden style" stating of the obvious...
Duncan Fisher: Whoa! That kid was on fire down there! Of course, now he's literally on fire!Duncan Fisher: Welcome to Solaris! Now, let me show you the sky! That's two for Spectre and two ejected pilots who'll be watching from the sidelines.
- ...and here's some the tasteful verbal spice to your kills.
Duncan Fisher: Look at them go! Man I love this game. It has my favorite things! 'Mechs, big guns, and a whole lot of explosions. You know my wife sometimes looks at me strangely. "Duncan," she says, "there's more to life than Solaris." Frankly, it's like she speaks another language. I mean, the words make sense individually, but put them together and it's complete nonsense.Duncan Fisher: Couple of years ago, the post season matches got extended two months. I think it was to keep Solaris addicts like me happy, heh, or to make Solaris widows more miserable.
- Fisher occasionally adds humorous substance to the Solaris lore during the lulls between player eliminations. Some of them have to do with the Solaris celebrity news. Others have to do with... the irresistible addiction of watching Solaris matches.
George Ledoux: "Take them out of an Atlas and stick 'em in a Camaro, I bet they'll learn a lot about humility!" We should put that in there, see if anyone notices. "I have no weapons! *explosion noises*".George Ledoux: "First time they fire that monster [presumably referring to a PPC], you can bet some pilots panic!" Hahahahaha! I read that one.George Ledoux: You know if Specter put on a little deer stalker hat and a pipe, he'd look really cute. What do you think, fans?
- It gets even better when you listen to the bloopers.
George Ledoux: That 'mech is anatomically correct. That's not a Gauss Rifle, folks.George Ledoux: "My microphone's up my ass! I sat down on it too hard!" [laughter] "I'm trying to pry it out!"
- Uncensored takes have also been found.
Duncan Fisher upon a player purchasing a Light 'Mech: My hat's off to the pansy boys in the Light 'Mechs. Way to go, Light 'Mechs!Duncan Fisher upon a player purchasing an asset that's meant for/requires friendly support: To bring that onto the field, you need to be incredibly skilled or crazy. Safe guess is that guy's off his meds.Duncan Fisher upon the death of a 'Mech with an Awesome McCoolname such as an Awesome: That 'Mech did not live up to it's name.
- George introduces new, equally humorous lines for Living Legends' Solaris Arena mode and even some blooper lines bleed into the game.
- Also in Mercenaries, your 'mech will sometimes do the monkey after a successful match. Yes, your 'mech can dance. This is due to the fact the game doesn't assign any unique AI actions for your 'mech sometimes, thus if you turn as player control is taken away for the cutscene, your 'mech will keep turning on it's own.
- During the Community Warfare Beta for MechWarrior: Online, a strange little incident occurred on the week of January 11th, 2015, when the Free Worlds League/House Marik took over the Draconis Combine/House Kurita planet of Moore. How is it strange? That's because it shouldn't be possible as FWL is sperated from the DC by House Davion one side, and Steiner on the other, and in Community Warfare, attacks only go along your faction's borders. The FWL attacked anyways, took it over, absolutely stunning House Kurita, as they thought it was originally their Galactic Eastward neighbors of Steiner attacking them, only to see a faction that shouldn't even be there now holding a part of space. The sheer audacity, and hilarity caused by this Good Bad Bug started this thread as everyone tries to make sense as to what happened.
House Steiner Player: We'd stop them, but we have no idea how they did it in the first place. The only thing left is to bow to the god-like Mariks."
- Even better, The Kurita forces decided to not take back Moore, and now have declared Moore a Marik Embassy, as Marik declared they'd use Moore as a staging point to help Kurita attack Steiner, and pending a deal with Kurita, take over planets northward to begin attacking Clan held Territories. Players from both sides have also joked they'll exchange traditional dishes of each faction with each other, with Kurita promising Sushi, and Marik promising variously cooked bacon.
- In MechWarrior Online, the fans are finally getting the infamous UrbanMech. Yes, the "R2D2 with a gun" / "walking trashcan" Light 'Mech that moves slower than even Assault 'Mechs (with the stock engine, its speed is a glacial 32.4 KPH, while most Assaults start at 48 KPH), but mounts either an LBX-10, AC/10, or AC/20 as stock (depending on variant). For extra hilarity, the collector's edition pre-order paint scheme concept art is adorned with graffiti referencing various fandom memes and in-jokes.
LBX-10 Barrel: "Say that to my face Clanner, not at range, and see what happens!"Hip/Waist joint: "They called me slow. ONCE."Right Leg: "GO TIME!"Left Leg: "Clan Mechs? Everywhere? GOOD!"
- And now there's this.
- for April's fools 2015 we got this.
- For that matter, the UrbanMech's cockpit is a comedy goldmine all by itself. For example:
- Half of it is held together by judicious use of duct tape (and there are rolls of the thing tucked into every conceivable cranny).
- There are repair request slips tacked onto several instruments.
- One of the screens is out of order, and is covered up with a sheet of paper with "no signal detected" scrawled on it.Explaination
- There's an inexplicable box of radioactive material just lying out in the open.
- Several liquid tanks are slotted into the console. Respectively, they contain water, nitrous oxide, and caffeine.
- And to top this all off, the cockpit also has an analog speed dial, with sticky notes at both ends. The lower end says "Slow". The upper end says "Less slow".
- And now there's this.
- Youtuber and Twitch streamer TheB33f spends his time creating hilarious builds of different 'Mechs, and pulling ridiculous stunts in-game.
- This hilarious build of a Daishi W made by TheB33f. Fifteen Clan ER Large Lasers. Performing an Alpha Strike with them can instantly take down another Daishi but you instantly lose your arms, side torsi and center torso doing so, since you have to override the shutdown to keep the lasers firing. The result is impractical, yes but it's both amazing and hilarious.
- A similar setup when he built one with eleven Clan ERPPCs was just as flashy but only results in minor damage from shutdown and, hilariously, breaks the heat gauge that it always displays 100% even after cooling down.
- 12v12 stock Urbanmechs, anyone? And then, as B33f lampshades, "I had a few drinks and things got dumb really fast."
- An entire invading/defending company made up of Atlas' which turns out to be surprisingly effective (unless you're Steiner then that's no surprise at all).
- 12 Gauss Rifle King Crabs, defending a base. Result? Total annihilation of the enemy team. All four waves of it. No casualties.
- You know you're dealing with some seriously unaware pilots when they don't notice the Uller behind them (or on top of them!) shooting down their missile salvos.
Betty: Warning: incoming missiles.
TheB33f: I have triple AMS, f*** you!
TheB33f (in-game chat): only theb33f kills theb33f
- His attempt to perform a Death from Above... When he was in a 30 ton Uller vs. an 85 ton BattleMaster and one of his legs was already destroyed. Making his cause of death "Falling Damage" when it took out the other leg.
- Long Tom Suicide Squad. The Long Tom artillery targets the densest group of enemy 'Mechs? Take 4 of the fastest Lights you can get, clump them together right in the middle of the enemy team, then get the hell out when you see purple smoke. Result? Enemy team dead by their own artillery!
- Flamer Nova, a Black Hawk Prime loaded with six Flamers in the Left Arm and six Small Pulse Lasers in the Right Arm which is enough to destroy the Head in a single burst. The strategy being to overheat the enemy and then go in for the kill once they shutdown. Sometimes the Flamers themselves are enough as one unfortunate Masakari pilot overrode the shutdown and melted before TheB33F could finish him.
- All Systems Nominal is a series of animations based on MechWarrior Online made by NoGutsNoGalaxyTV member, PLEXI that features all sorts of Fandom Nods, name based gags and general silliness that humanizes the 'mechs themselves rather than the mechwarriors piloting them.