"Whoo! The dance of the living dead!"Titles including the phrase "of the [Living] Dead". You can almost always expect zombies to be involved. A Sub-Trope of The X of Y. See also Tropes of the Living Dead.
— Al Czervik, Caddyshack
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga of the Dead
- High School Of The Dead: episode titles also follow this trope.
- Episode 8 Part 1 of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is actually called "...Of the Dead". Yes, really.
- The second season of Is This a Zombie? is Is This a Zombie: OF THE DEAD.
- Axis Powers Hetalia had a two part storyline in the manga called "Hetalia of the Dead" which was later animated in season five.
- Soul Eater Not!! 's chapter 16 is called "NOT of the Dead." I'm sure they didn't mean it like that.
- Every chapter of Living Dead! is titled "...Of the Dead".
- Detective School Q's episode 22 is called "Dinner of the Dead". It has Class Q investigating the murder of a famous chef.
Fan Fic of the Dead
Film - Live Action of the dead
- Candyman: Day of the Dead
- Castle of the Living Dead
- Children of the Living Dead
- The City of the Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- There's a documentary named Des Morts which also goes by the name Of the Dead.
- Detention of the Dead
- The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis is a fictional Sumerian spellbook in the Evil Dead series, and probably takes its name from the Necronomicon of H.P. Lovecraft stories.
- Fangs of the Living Dead
- Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane
- Hell of the Living Dead (aka Virus)
- House of the Dead and its made-for-TV sequel, House of the Dead II: Dead Aim.
- Isle of the Dead, though it dwells in the vampire mythos.
- Juan de los Muertos AKA Juan of the Dead, a zombie film made in Cuba
- Legion of the Dead
- Living Dead Series:
- Nudist Colony of the Dead. Yes, really.
- Oasis of the Zombies (aka Grave of the Living Dead)
- Used as a subtitle in Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead.
- The Return of the Living Dead and its sequels.
- Siege of the Dead (also known as Rammbock in Germany)
- Severed: Forest of the Dead
- Shaun of the Dead
- The Dead
- Tombs of the Blind Dead
- Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D. Best part: It's a comedy redub of Night of the Living Dead (1968).
- Zombie Ass Toilet Of The Dead (I shit you not... so to speak)
- War of the Dead
- Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead
- Zone of the Dead, also known as Apocalypse of the Dead
Literature of the Dead
- The Book of the Dead, an ancient Egyptian funerary text.
- "Dance of the Dead", a short story by Richard Matheson.
- Dance of the Dead, a Ravenloft novel by Christie Golden.
- Dance Hall of the Dead, a Joe Leaphorn mystery by Tony Hillerman
- Lucian's Dialogues of the Dead, making this Older Than Feudalism.
- Plus the Dalziel and Pascoe novel of the same name.
- Eaters of the Dead, a novel by Michael Crichton, which was adapted into the film The 13th Warrior.
- ''Junior High of the Dead' a tragedy/drama novella by Todd Dawson-Cooper.
- The Naming of the Dead, a crime novel by Ian Rankin.
- The Necronomicon (Greek: "image of the law of the dead", sometimes translated "book of the names of the dead"), a fictional grimoire that appears in stories by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Terry Pratchett's Discworld parodies this with the Necrotelecomnicon, or "phonebook of the dead".
- Plague of the Dead, a novel by Z.A. Recht.
- Speaker for the Dead.
- Fairly new is the mash-up A Christmas Carol of the Living Dead, which is just what you think it is: zombies vs. Scrooge (but done seriously).
- Twilight of the Dead
- Galaxy of Fear: City of the Dead. The zombies don't show up until late, but it does take place on Necropolis.
Live Action TV of the Dead
- Doctor Who has the episodes "Forest of the Dead", which does kinda-sorta include zombies, and "Planet of the Dead", which doesn't at all.
- Secrets of the Dead, a historical documentary series on PBS.
- The Walking Dead and its spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead.
- The Masters of Horror anthology contains the episode "Dance of the Dead" directed by Tobe Hooper, in which, yes, The Dead Can Dance.
Music of the Dead
- "Clothes of the Dead," a song by Bongo Bass & Bob (aka Penn & Teller and Steven Banks).
- Horror Punk Rock band The Misfits have songs titled "Night of the Living Dead" and "Day of the Dead."
- Metal band Lordi has a song called "Night of the Loving Dead."
- Exciter song "Rising of the Dead".
- Rage album Speak of the Dead.
- Grave Digger song "Sorrow of the Dead".
- The Doom Metal band Mistress of the Dead.
- The Cirith Ungol album King of the Dead.
- "City Of The Dead" by The Clash.
- Emmure album Speaker of the Dead.
Radio Drama of the Dead
- The syndicated '40s mystery/horror program Adventures by Morse had the serialized multi-episode stories "City of the Dead" and "Land of the Living Dead".
Tabletop Games of the Dead
- The Magic: The Gathering cards Dance of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Dreams of the Dead, Drift of the Dead, Driver of the Dead, Eater of the Dead, Endless Ranks of the Dead, Erebos, God of the Dead, Grimoire of the Dead, Kami of the Honored Dead, Keeper of the Dead, Lake of the Dead, Lord of the Undead, and Secrets of the Dead.
Video Games of the Dead
- Donald In Maui Mallard level "The Realm of the Dead".
- The House of the Dead series.
- Isle of the Dead, an obscure FPS .
- One area in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is the Forest of the dead, home of zombies, pumpkins, and The first Defender of Earth's ghost.
- Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green, based on the Romero movie above.
- The cancelled George Romero's City of the Dead.
- Road of the Dead
- The obscure action-adventure/early survival horror War of the Dead.
- Plants vs. Zombies was originally going to be called "Lawn of the Dead," but was changed for legal reasons.
- Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space: Night of the Raving Dead
- Blood has a secret level "Mall of the Dead". Naturally, quite a lot of zombies on this level (like everywhere else in this game).
- Beating Lakeview Cabin Collection: Part III will unlock an Endless Mode titled "Lake of the Dead".
Webcomics of the Dead
Western Animation of the Dead
- El Tigre has a villain, the Big Bad, whose full name is Sartana of the Dead. Her grandson is Django of the Dead.
- Bump in the Night had Night of the living Bread.
- Lupin III The Italian Adventure has an episode titled "Venice of the Dead", which is about zombies that turn out to be special effects for the horror movie of the same name.
Real Life of the Dead
- Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos), a Mexican holiday.
- Names of the Dead, a list published by the US Department of Defense following combat action.