TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Title of the Dead
"Whoo! The dance of the living dead!"
Titles including the phrase "of the [Living] Dead". You can almost always expect zombies
to be involved.
of The X of Y
. See also Tropes of The Living Dead
Anime and Manga
Film - Live Action
- The Book of the Dead, an ancient Egyptian funerary text.
- "Dance of the Dead", a short story by Richard Matheson.
- Dance of the Dead, a Ravenloft novel by Christie Golden.
- Dance Hall of the Dead, a Joe Leaphorn mystery by Tony Hillerman
- Lucian's Dialogues of the Dead, making this Older Than Feudalism.
- Eaters of the Dead, a novel by Michael Crichton, which was adapted into the film The 13th Warrior.
- ''Junior High of the Dead' a tragedy/drama novella by Todd Dawson-Cooper.
- The Naming of the Dead, a crime novel by Ian Rankin.
- The Necronomicon (Greek: "image of the law of the dead", sometimes translated "book of the names of the dead"), a fictional grimoire that appears in stories by HP Lovecraft.
- Terry Pratchett's Discworld parodies this with the Necrotelecomnicon, or "phonebook of the dead".
- Plague of the Dead, a novel by Z.A. Recht.
- There's the Enderverse book Speaker for the Dead.
- Fairly new is the mash-up A Christmas Carol of the Living Dead, which is just what you think it is: zombies vs. Scrooge (but done seriously).
- Twilight of the Dead
- Galaxy of Fear: City of the Dead. The zombies don't show up until late, but it does take place on Necropolis.
- Doctor Who has the episodes "Forest of the Dead", which does kinda-sorta include zombies, and "Planet of the Dead", which doesn't at all.
- Secrets of the Dead, a historical documentary series on PBS.
- The Walking Dead
- "Clothes of the Dead," a song by Bongo Bass & Bob (aka Penn & Teller and Steven Banks).
- Horror Punk Rock band The Misfits have songs titled "Night of the Living Dead" and "Day of the Dead."
- Metal band Lordi has a song called "Night of the Loving Dead."
- Exciter song "Rising of the Dead".
- Rage album Speak of the Dead.
- Grave Digger song "Sorrow of the Dead".
- The Doom Metal band Mistress of the Dead.
- The Cirith Ungol album King of the Dead.
- "City Of The Dead" by The Clash.
- The syndicated '40s mystery/horror program Adventures by Morse had the serialized multi-episode stories "City of the Dead" and "Land of the Living Dead".
- The Magic: The Gathering cards Dance of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Dreams of the Dead, Drift of the Dead, Driver of the Dead, Eater of the Dead, Endless Ranks of the Dead, Erebos, God of the Dead, Grimoire of the Dead, Kami of the Honored Dead, Keeper of the Dead, Lake of the Dead, Lord of the Undead, and Secrets of the Dead.
- Donald In Maui Mallard level "The Realm of the Dead".
- The House of the Dead series.
- Typing Of The Dead, a spin-off where words pop up, and if typed quickly, kill the approaching zombies.
- English Of The Dead, another spin-off.
- As well as The Pinball Of The Dead, which is a Pinball Spinoff of the series.
- Isle of the Dead, an obscure FPS .
- One area in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is the Forest of the dead, home of zombies, pumpkins, and The first Defender of Earth's ghost.
- Land Of The Dead Road To Fiddlers Green, based on the Romero movie above.
- The cancelled George Romero's City of the Dead.
- The obscure action-adventure/early survival horror War of the Dead.
- Plants vs. Zombies was originally going to be called "Lawn of the Dead," but was changed for legal reasons.
- Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space: Night of the Raving Dead
- Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos), a Mexican holiday.
- Names of the Dead, a list published by the US Department of Defense following combat action.