Video Game: The Pinball Of The Dead
The Pinball of the Dead is a Pinball Spinoff from Sega's House of the Dead series of zombie light-gun games. It was developed by Sega and released by THQ for the Gameboy Advance in 2002.The game features three separate tables:
- "Wandering", a fairly open playfield with a large clock that counts down as you destroy zombies.
- "Movement" takes place in a secret laboratory filled with large loops and hideous experiments.
- "Cemetery", the final board, has a worm-like creature that spits out zombies, as well as a monstrous zombie who tears through the floor.
The Pinball of the Dead demonstrates the following tropes:
- Abandoned Laboratory: "Movement" is set in a desolate laboratory filled with rusty implements.
- Attack Its Weak Point: All of the bosses are defeated by repeatedly hitting their one weak point.
- Boss Room: All of the Boss Battles take place in a single-screen playfield separate from the main table.
- Chainsaw Good: Strength, one of the bosses in "Movement", wields a chainsaw.
- David Versus Goliath: Ricky, the giant zombie monster of "Cemetery".
- Dual Boss: Judgement from "Wandering" is composed of a small imp, Zeal, and Kuarl, a giant suit of armor.
- Final Boss: The Emperor, the last boss of "Cemetery".
- Flunky Boss: Hierophant, from the "Wandering" table, who periodically rattles the screen and causes groups of Mofish to fall onto the table.
- Headless Horseman: Kuarl, the suit of armor half of Judgement.
- Humanoid Abomination: Anything vaguely humanoid in this game qualifies as this.
- Night of the Living Mooks
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Playing with Fire: Tower from "Movement", and the Magician from "Cemetery".
- Sand Worm: Tower, one of the bosses from "Movement", which consists of two reddish snakes controlled by a larger blue snake.
- Skill Shot: Press a button at the right time to shoot a zombie with a moving onscreen crosshair.
- Tarot Motifs/Theme Naming: The bosses are named after Tarot cards.
- Title of the Dead
- Womb Level: The "Cemetery" level looks as if it's made largely out of muscle and flesh.
- Zombie Gait