Video Game: Zombie Revenge
Zombie Revenge is an arcade beat-'em-up from Sega and a spin-off of the House of the Dead series. As of this writing, its only home version is a reasonably solid Dreamcast port. It features the same creative approach to English as its parent franchise, and follows three government agents - Stick Breitling, Rikuya Busujima, and Linda Rolla - as they try to stop the man responsible for a massive zombie outbreak. It is an unapologetic quarter-muncher.Rikiya Busujima, in his alternate costume, reappeared years later as one of Sega's representatives in the 3DS crossover Project X Zone.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Linda is the first playable female character in the House of the Dead series, predating Lisa Rogan by three years.
- All There in the Manual: Busujima refuses to speak English for some reason, but both Stick and Linda can understand it.
- Busujima has special punches that generate sparks that can set things on fire. Ki attack? No, it is from being a cyborg.
- Big Bad: Zed
- Brick Joke: If you manage to save the girl at the start of the first stage, she gives you a disk from Zed and you continue on. After beating the game, we get a stinger where the girl is still waiting in the room you found her complaining about not getting paid.
- Continuity Nod: One stage, titled House of the Dead, takes place in the mansion from the first game.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: God of Destruction.
- Traintop Battle: One of the stages has you fighting on top of a speeding train and racing to slow it down before it crashes.
- Unfortunate Names: Stick Breitling.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Zed manages to take out Woodside City and a fair amount of points beyond, and the apocalypse isn't done yet by the time the credits are rolling.