Characters: Mad Father
The characters page for Mad Father.As always, beware of SPOILERS.
open/close all folders
The Player Character of the game, a young girl living at home with her father.
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Badass Adorable: She copes with the horrible situations she's put in better than most adults would, most of the time at least.
- Because You Were Nice to Me
- Berserk Button: She has one regarding the stealing of her mother's things. At first she's terrified of Ines, one of the game's reawakened dead, but the moment she realizes Ines has stolen her mother's perfume, all of Aya's fear for her instantly disappears and she jumps at her to reclaim it.
- Break the Cutie
- Chainsaw Good: She gets a small one, though it can't be used to attack enemies.
- Creepy Child: One interpretation of her.
- Daddy's Girl: Despite the awful things her father has done, Aya still wants to save him when the curse appears.
- Dull Surprise: The eyebrows on her Character Portrait don't always move with the rest of her expressions.
- Hair Decorations: A pink bow.
- Hime Cut
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Inherited from her mother.
- In the Blood: If the player gets the true ending, they get to see her pick up where her father left off.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Non-romantic version. The player can choose to let Aya's mother's ghost take her father away forever so she can be with him.
- Like Father, Like Daughter: The real end has this happen to her.
- Little Miss Badass: With her own mini-chainsaw!
- Pimped-Out Dress: She gets one if her father succeeds in turning her into a doll.
- Player Character
- She Is All Grown Up: In two of the endings, Adult Aya and her clone are shown to be very attractive as adults, as commented on by her father.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Upon picking up a chainsaw, her first reaction is happy nostalgia. Also, she's oddly unbothered by the large number of dead animals hidden in the house, or with setting a giant monster on fire, or with her father's line of work in general. It's hinted that Aya herself killed the collection of rabbits with her little chainsaw, along with the dead animals in her room, and her parents were alright with it, since she was acting just like her father did as a child.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Ogre questions how she can justify trying to save her father after all the pain and misery he's caused.
Aya's father, a brilliant but unhinged scientist.
- Affably Evil: At first, at least.
- All There in the Manual: His name is revealed to be Alfred Drevis.
- Back from the Dead: One of the endings has Ogre setting him up in a new lab, with an adult clone of Aya floating in a tank.
- Berserk Button: After Aya learns the truth about her mother's death and her father's intent to make her into a doll. This leads to him chasing after a terrified Aya with his chainsaw.
- Big Bad
- Brown Eyes: Obviously, he's not as down-to-earth as one may think.
- Chainsaw Good: His weapon of choice.
- Creepy Child: His diary entries says he was this. He even started killing animals and eventually moved onto killing people, starting with his mother. Seeing her beautiful dead face was the reason why he started turning people into dolls.
- Evil Laugh: A pretty terrifying one.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Herr Doctor: Who else?
- Karma Houdini: If the player gets the bad ending where he succeeds in his twisted mission to turn Aya into a doll. He gets exactly what he wanted and gets away with it scot free.
- Living Doll Collector: His ultimate goal in the game is to turn Aya into a doll and add her to his collection.
- Mad Artist: As well as a...
- Mad Scientist
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
- Overprotective Dad: It's implied that he wants to make his daughter a doll to preserve her purity and innocence. Make of that what you will.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: One of the lenses breaks and exposes his eye.
- Slasher Smile: When he chases after Aya with his chainsaw.
- The Sociopath: Hinted that he may be this. Even as a little kid, he became addicted to killing and associating himself with beauty.
- Would Hurt a Child: Up to and including his own daughter.
- Yandere: Towards his daughter. Nothing says 'I love you' like a chainsaw!
- Your Cheating Heart
A beautiful, enigmatic woman who died prior to the start of the game.
- All There in the Manual: Her name is revealed to be Monika Drevis.
- Buxom Is Better
- Cleavage Window: Her outfit has one.
- Hidden Eyes: Her ghost form.
- In Love with Your Carnage: A subsequent playthrough implies that Monika was this to the Doctor. She also told Aya a rather disturbing story in one of the flashbacks.
- Incurable Cough of Death: It's revealed early on she dealt with illness, and we see her coughing in a flashback. Subverted, since that's not what killed her.
- Love Makes You Evil
- Mama Bear: Upon discovering her husband's plans to turn their own daughter into a doll, she calls him out on his insanity and declares that she's running away and taking Aya with her. Even in death, she still seeks to protect her daughter from her husband's plans.
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Posthumous Character: She's dead before the story starts.
- Stockholm Syndrome: According to the prequel to Mad Father, Monika fell in love with Alfred after he refused to kill her.
- Walking Spoiler: You can't reveal much about her character without spoiling a whole lot of story.
- Woman Scorned: Subverted. At first it seems she's returned from the dead to get revenge on her husband for cheating on her with Maria, but it turns out to be nothing to do with that.
Aya's father's assistant.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Her motivation throughout the game.
- I Owe You My Life: Maria's devotion to the Doctor stems from the fact that he took her in off the streets when she was starving to death. Of course, he was really planning to use her as a test subject and only changed his mind when she proved useful as an assistant.
- If the player helps her in the real end, she develops this attitude towards Aya.
- Karma Houdini: In the good ending, she gets to live and go on helping Aya walk in her father's footsteps with no real punishment for helping him, and now her, in their evil quests.
- Knife Nut: She has an aptitude for throwing them.
- Love Makes You Evil
- No Last Name Given
- Would Hurt a Child
SnowballAya's pet rabbit.
A mysterious man who sometimes appears to Aya and offers her guidance and advice. His true motivations are unknown.
- Bald of Awesome
- Canon Immigrant: Appears again in Misao as Onigawara.
- Not Quite Human: It's implied he's a demon or at least part demon.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Reused Character Design: His design is reused from Misao, where he plays a very similar role to his role in this game.
Dio / Blonde Boy
Dio, also known as the "Blonde Boy", is a seemingly undead boy that Aya encounters in the mansion.
- Creepy Child
- Creepy Good
- Damaged Soul
- Eye Scream: He lost one of his eyes to Aya's father.
- No Name Given: Dio is not his real name. His name is never mentioned in the game itself, but many of the Niconico fans began calling him Dio after a character in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The name Dio stuck and was later added to his bio in the endgame material. His real name, however, still remains a mystery.
- Shout-Out: His name and character design are a reference to a younger Dio Brando, from the popular Japanese manga Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.
- Innocently Insensitive: The first time Aya meets him, he scares her off because he fails to realize that the sight of someone missing an eye might frighten a normal person. The next time he runs into Aya, he has his eye bandaged.
One of Dr. Drevis' test subjects Aya later rescues. Collina is her daughter
Collina is one of Dr. Drevis' test subjects, whom Aya later rescues. She shows Aya her death by lethal injection at the hands of Alfred.
- All There in the Manual: Her name is never stated in-game.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Damaged Soul
- Undead Child
- Undeathly Pallor: She's a sickly shade of blue, and it's implied from both this and her appearance that her manner of death was either lethal injection or strangulation. The cutscene she makes Aya experience leans towards the former.
One of Dr. Drevis' test subjects, Aya later rescues him in the game.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Creepy Blue Eyes / Icy Blue Eyes / Occult Blue Eyes: One of his obvious features.
- Damaged Soul
- Naked First Impression: And he stays that way for the brief period of time Aya meets him.
- No Name Given: Hid name is never stated in-game
- Off with His Head!: How he died.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
An eyeless girl Aya meets in the house.
- Damaged Soul
- Eye Scream: Her eyes are gouged out pits before getting new ones.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Her new eyes are a similar shade to Aya and her mother.
- Reused Character Design: Some people say her appearance resembles Viola's, the protagonist of The Witch's House.
Ines is one of Dr. Drevis's test subjects. She always approaches Aya with a strange and unsettling smile.