Katamari Damacy has an ever-expanding cast of characters, with new Royal Cousins emerging with every new game. Not even the King can keep them all straight!
The Royal Family
The PrinceThe hard-working son of of the King and Queen Of All Cosmos. Whenever his father breaks stuff, it falls to the Prince to fix things by rolling katamari, providing the King with the raw materials needed to remake the heavens. (Thankfully, Earth really is full of things, and no matter how many times he revisits an area, everything's replenished itself when he shows up again.) Originally, he was also trying to get his father to acknowledge him, as the King was disappointed by his small size; by the end of Katamari Damacy, he actually earns the praise he was seeking, and they appear to get along a lot better now (aside from the occasional short jokes).
- Modest Royalty: Though the player can use presents to dress him up a bit more.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: This little guy's as small as a coin, yet he's strong enough to roll a Katamari big enough to PLUG UP A BLACK HOLE.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Has little knowledge about Earth, turns to his father to describe everything he rolls up. Hilarity Ensues.
- Super Strength: Considering he and his cousins can roll a katamari big enough to collect entire countries.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy
The King Of All CosmosCurrent ruler of The Great Cosmos, who has an unfortunate tendency to break stuff and shunt the responsibility for fixing it onto
- Badass Mustache
- Bold Inflation: There is a lot of this in his speech.
- Camp Straight: ROYAL RAINBOW!!
- Ermine Cape Effect
- Everything's Better with Rainbows
- Freudian Excuse: According to We ♥ Katamari, his own father was extremely strict.
- Gag Nose
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- It's All My Fault: Subverted in one of his Game Over speeches."It is not your fault. It is our fault for believing in you."
- Jerkass Façade: at the end of Touch my Katamari he says that acting all strict and mean was all an act.
- King of All Cosmos: Trope Namer
- Looming Silhouette of Rage: If the Prince or a cousin fails a mission, the King will tower over then ominously in darkness and berate them for his inadequacy. Often coupled with a scolding barrage of Eye Beams.
- Love Hurts
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: Or in this case, destroyer of stars.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The basis of the plot of most of the games
- Pandering to the Base: The whole reason he creates ''We ♥ Katamari'.
- Pimped-Out Cape
- Regal Ruff: Wears a very wide one.
- Royal "We"
- Running Gag: So many... Best example is how he always provides the Excuse Plot by breaking something.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: The King is wearing something new in every game. In Touch My Katamari, you can unlock even more clothes for him.
- Unreliable Narrator: The cutscenes detailing his Backstory in We ♥ Katamari are stated to be a Movie, so it may be an in-universe case of Very Loosely Based on a True Story. Then there's all the... unique descriptions he gives of everything the Prince rolls up...
- Verbal Tic
- Vocal Dissonance: If you expected the king to have a deep, booming voice befitting the ruler of the entire universe, you're in for quite a surprise.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Lack of parental recognition seems to run in the family, which the King comments on in the webcomic:King of All Cosmos: Shame. Resentment. An inferiority complex. These are feelings any good father instills in his son.
- Your Size May Vary: His size changes depending on what mood he's in. This is taken to extremes in Beautiful Katamari, which features a level in which you use the King as a katamari, who at the beginning is only slightly taller than the Prince.
The Queen Of All CosmosThe King's beloved, beautiful, and much-feared wife. We ♥ Katamari details how they first met. Mainly appears in cutscenes and the ending, aside from those rare levels where you can roll her up...
- Beware the Nice Ones: The King openly admits that he's terrified by her.
- Love at First Sight: Spurred by a Crash-Into Hello, to boot.
- Modest Royalty: Compared to her husband.
- Only Sane Woman
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Pink Means Feminine
- Royal "We"
- Team Chef: Frequently shown baking or with various cookies/candies/other sweets.
- Team Mom: Given that none of the cousins have any of their parents show up...
PapaFather of the king, and former ruler of The Great Cosmos. Was introduced in We ♥ Katamari through the dramatic movie retelling of the King's youth. According to said movie, he was extremely harsh on his son, driving him to a brief flirtation with Delinquency, but everything worked out in the end. And he was just sleeping, anyway.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Apparently, he only has one arm, which extends directly out of the middle of his chest.
- Heavy Sleeper: Used for a sort of Disney Death.
- Inadequate Inheritor: How he viewed the King when he was only a child.
- Kick the Dog: Throwing his son's second-place trophy into the river. Leads into...
- Pet the Dog: ...The Reveal that he secretly salvaged it later.
- Love Hurts
- Stern Teacher
- Training from Hell
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy
The Royal Cousins
AceAn orange-and-yellow football-headed cousin who's quite self-absorbed. In We ♥ Katamari, switched butts to a spikier model to stand out more, only to find that it didn't generate much buzz. "Always wants to look good to others, but no one is actually watching." He appears in the webcomic as one of the main characters, with his arrogance in full display.
- The Ace: Yeah, he wishes. Although...
- Attention Whore: Wants to be the one everyone praises and hails as their hero, rather than the Prince.
- Believing Their Own Lies: He sincerely seems to think that the Prince is a selfish Attention Whore, when really he's just projecting his own issues onto him.
- Cool Shades: Which he regularly dons in the online comic when he thinks he's looking cool.
- Driven by Envy: He thinks that the Prince unfairly takes all the credit for their hard work, even when his cousins roll just as much.
- It's All About Me: In the webcomic, he takes this to the point where he'd rather see the bad guy win than let the Prince save the day.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one in Called Out, oblivious to the fact that if anything, HE should be the one on the receiving end.
- The Rival: Becomes this in the Katamari Webcomic during the UFO arc.
- Walking Shirtless Scene/Walking Swimsuit Scene: In Touch My Katamari, he wears a pink speedo as a reference to the absent Lucha.
ColomboA cousin covered head-to-toe in shaggy black fur, so that he resembles a literal Black Sheep — though there's no indication he's actually considered as such. Dislikes summer due to the heat. According to the original game, is "mutually attracted to Lalala". In later games, his fur takes on subtle camouflage-like tones, most likely in order to make him a bit more visually interesting. He's also complimented on his neatness and immaculate grooming, which may also have something to do with that added effect.
- Friend to All Living Things: Usually appears around animals.
- Kissing Cousins: Potentially with Lalala.
DippA flashy, attention-seeking cousin who has a distinctive style: his shirt is always basic black, but covered in flashy, multicolored designs like polka dots or stars. Sometimes goes clubbing with Peso. When even the King Of All Cosmos says "We wish he knew the difference between looking good and looking gaudy," you know you have a problem...
- Attention Whore: His flashing outfits are designed to draw attention to him.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Whatever the pattern might be, it's always cast in bright neon shades.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Again, his outfit.
FoominA cousin wearing sky blue and orange. Her head is shaped like a 'U', and her brain is actually divided between the two towers. The King assures us, however, that this doesn't make her smarter. Due to its distinctive shape, she doubles up on most headgear, resulting in duel giraffe hats, flowers and so on.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: The King goes between claiming her brain is divided between both 'towers' and that she actually has two entirely separate brains. Either way, he adds it doesn't make her any smarter at all.
- The Ditz
- Everything's Better with Cows: In Touch My Katamari, she dons cow-print with pink over the top of her head, as a reference to the absent Daisy. A profile on the Japanese site attributed this to her trying to look 'sexier'.
FujioA cone-headed cousin who appears to be the oldest of the lot, seeing as he has a mustache. Named after Mount Fuji. Enjoys telling stories; sadly, however, his voice is boring and monotonous, making it difficult for him to keep the attention of his audience.
- Badass Mustache: Even the King thinks it's cool!
- Charm Point: His mustache.
- The Comically Serious
- The Smart Guy: Explictly stated to be one of the most intelligent cousins.
- The Stoic
HavanaA red-and-white cousin with an extremely long, wide and flat head. This makes it difficult for him to move around, and he's always getting in the way. And he's extremely talkative, loud and annoying to boot. On the plus side, it saves him from ever worrying about falling into manholes!
- Double Standard: According to The King, Honey's big head makes her a Cute Clumsy Girl, while Havana's big head makes him clumsy and annoying.
- Motor Mouth
HoneyA cotton-candy pink cousin with a big, bow-shaped head. Its awkward size makes her incredibly clusmy, but she gets Easily Forgiven because she's so cute. Ironically, it's been mentioned that she doesn't have any problems with her clumsiness when she's alone, suggesting that her stumbling about may be caused by nerves: when she's actively trying to avoid causing problems is when things start getting awkward. Tends to appear around candies, cakes and other sweet treats.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Easily Forgiven: No matter what she breaks, she gets forgiven for it because she's too adorable to stay mad at. That said, this doesn't extend to if you fail an objective while playing as her...
- Girlish Pigtails: The shape of her head seems to deliberately invoke this.
- Princesses Prefer Pink
- Sweet Tooth
IchigoA cute cousin with a 'strawberry figure'. Extremely jealous, and always wants to be the center of attention. Considers Honey to be her rival, though it's unclear whether or not the feeling is mutual.
- Attention Whore
- Charm Point: Her 'strawberry figure', which she cultivated in time for We ♥ Katamari.
- Fun Size: In the webcomic, she's noticeably much smaller than her cousins, only coming up to the Prince's waist.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Very jealous about the attention Honey receives, causing their rivalry. So far, there's no indication Honey is even aware of this.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Has this dynamic with Macho in the webcomic.
- Kawaiiko: In Japan, is the only one to have -chan as an official part of her name.
- Meaningful Name: Ichigo means 'strawberry'.
- Strawberry Shorthand
- Sweet Tooth
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: Small as she is in the webcomic, she's able to boss around Macho with ease.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberries, naturally.
JohnsonA cousin with an a long, cylindrical head that extends straight forward. Wears green and purple just like the Prince; even the King claims that "From the side, he looks exactly like the Prince seen from the back. Not even We can tell them apart."
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: His long, narrow head gives him one of the most distinct appearances of the original Cousins. It's also implied his face can fall off.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?
- Getting Crap Past the Radar
- Meaningful Name
JuneA carefree cousin covered in blue polkadots, and a complete and utter innocent. Jokes are completely lost on her. Loves playing in the rain, and may even have some influence over the weather, as the King says "She likes going out on rainy days, or maybe it just rains when she goes out." Also likes birds; many of her Presents have a 'white bird' theme.
- Cheerful Child
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm
- The Fool
- Happy Rain
- Genki Girl
- Meaningful Name: Originally named Jun, for 'Purity', hence the emphasis always placed on her complete innocence. Transferred to English by having her being born in June.
- Personal Raincloud: Always has one overhead in the webcomic, much to her delight.
- The Pollyanna
- Purity Personified
JungleA cousin who's an expert at camouflage. Between Katamari Damacy and We ♥ Katamari, he even upgraded from a camo suit to a neat optical camo effect. This is a bit of a double-edged sword, however, since he has trouble with others forgetting about him... or leaving him behind during trips... or walking right into him.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: When he upgraded to the optical camo, he also donned rainbow-striped tights. Marcy later borrowed these in Touch My Katamari when Jungle went on vacation during that game.
- Invisibility Cloak
- Visible Invisibility
KuroThis cousin's a huge fan of Sentai and Toku, and dresses accordingly. Tries to be a lone wolf, and has trouble getting along with others, preferring to keep to himself. Has a 'V'-shaped antennae.
- The Comically Serious
- Cool Bike
- Ineffectual Loner
- Meaningful Name: Kuro is Japanese for black.
- Not So Above It All
- Scarf Of Asskicking: How his version of any scarf-like Present always looks.
- "Super Sentai" Stance: Regularly attempts a solo version.
LalalaThe nudist cousin. Ever since the original game, Lalala has a considerable tan/sunburn, perhaps to mask said nudity. Used to be of Ambiguous Gender, until Beautiful Katamari referred to Lalala as 'she' and 'her'. This may be due to Pronoun Trouble and Viewer Gender Confusion, though.
- Ambiguous Gender
- Kissing Cousins: Potentially with Colombo, according to his profile in the original game.
- Naked People Are Funny
- Pronoun Trouble
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Even the King of All Cosmos wasn't sure about her gender, and nobody's completely certain whether Beautiful clarified it or just ran into Pronoun Trouble.
MarcyA cheerful, but tempermental cousin. Went from wearing patchwork purple in the first game to a brightly colored mishmash in We ♥ Katamari, and hasn't looked back since. Thinks she has great fashion sense — and given the example the King sets, that isn't surprising.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Her signature outfit from We ♥ Katamari on is all sorts of bright colors. In Touch My Katamari, she even adds Jungle's rainbow leggings into the mix.
- Genki Girl
MarnyA completely round cousin who looks like a bright yellow tennis ball. With limbs. And an antenna. While he looks clumsy, he's actually light on his feet and is a great swimmer who loves scuba diving.
- Acrofatic: Despite his figure, he doesn't have any trouble getting around at all.
MisoA soup-bowl-headed cousin... complete with a head full of miso. Smells very sweet, and is warm to the touch, with a warm heart to match. The King worries about her spilling out, though that never seems to be an actual problem. Has a tendency to wander into enviroments where she's putting herself in even more danger, such as walking around the school tables at lunchtime.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: It isn't exactly clear what would happen if she ever spills or loses all her soup... though the fact the King's concerned about it doesn't imply anything good.
- The Ditz
- The Fool
- Meaningful Name
NickelA metallic, robotic cousin with wheels on his feet. Has gone through several minor upgrades over the course of the series, but retains his distinctively cybernectic appearance.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: In the original Katamari Damacy, he was powered by a battery on his back that needed frequent recharging. Upon becoming a playable character (along with all the other Cousins) in We ♥ Katamari, he got a new power source to avoid any Fridge Logic about overusing him.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Royal Cousin-slash-robot.
- Ridiculously Royal Cousin-looking Robots
NikA plump, yellow, horned cousin who's always eating, and can usually be found around lots of food. Has no trouble whatsoever keeping up with his cousins, despite his size.
OdekoA cousin wearing all purple whose head extends straight upward, making him a naturally tall cousin. However, his face is down in the normal place, so his long head doesn't actually make him naturally taller (unlike certain other cousins). Not that this stops him from having a big head about his supposed height.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?
- Gadgeteer Genius: In the webcomic, at least.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: If you assume it was deliberate.
OpeoAn accident-prone hypochondriac who's always covered in bandages, complete with a cast on his leg. Constantly worrying about things getting worse, though the King has stated that he's actually quite strong... mentally, at least. Though that mental strength doesn't keep him from constantly worrying about... well, everything.
- Blue with Shock
- Butt-Monkey: In the webcomic. He doesn't seem to mind all that much, though.
- Neat Freak
- Walking Techbane: Revealed as one in the webcomic due to carrying a computer virus.
PesoA gray and red cousin with a bullseye design on both sides of his roundish head. Always seeking attention, he's tried out various hobbies to attract it. Started out as an aspiring dancer at first, but dropped that to try his hand at golfing during We ♥ Katamari; now, he's dropped golfing to focus on singing and dancing.
- Attention Whore
- The Enneagram: A textbook Three: trying whatever he thinks will make him popular.
- Idol Singer: As of Beautiful Katamari, his latest obsession.
ShikaoAn orange cousin with a box-shaped head and a 'V'-shaped antennae, and a television-loving maniac. Good with VCRS, he sets up to record programs for his cousins, like Foomin's fashion shows, so they don't have to worry about missing anything while rolling katamari. Also loves telling scary stories, though he always ends up scaring himself instead.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: The shape of his head falls under this simply because of how it changed between games: originally, it was just a flat-on square, but at some point between Katamari Damacy and We ♥ Katamari, the location shifted so that it was now on a corner, giving him peripheral vision. According to the King, this shift occured so he could watch scary movies out of the corner of his eye.
- Taught by Television
VelvetA haughty violet cousin who used to hover about two centimeters above the ground. (She actually did this to hide the fact she was a little bit shorter than the others. By the time We ♥ Katamari rolled around, however, she'd caught up enough that she didn't have to float anymore.) Now she focuses on acting rich, relaxed and mature to try and impress her cousins. Her skirt flares out like Saturn's ring, giving her a slightly more distinctive shape.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple
- The Ojou
- Pride: The reason she originally floated around rather than walking.
Second Cousins/Introduced in We ♥ Katamari
BeyondThis second cousin is shaped rather like a banana. A pink and blue banana with a pill-shaped head, and gangly little arms and legs. Only ever eats fruits and vegetables. Rocks from side to side constantly; makes for an interesting effect with the peacock tail.
- Friend to All Living Things: Normally found hanging out around animals.
- Granola Guy
Can-CanA second cousin with a narrow, oval-shaped head and a blocky body. Very stiff, both in stilted movements and his stuffy sense of justice. Refuses to have anything to do with 'bad stuff'. When he gets upset, his head spins so quickly that it catches on fire. (This doesn't seem to bother him much, though.)
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: His head is almost constantly spinning, and at times seems to be in danger of falling off.
- The Comically Serious
- Incendiary Exponent: As mentioned above, can set his head on fire just by getting too wound up. And, aside from being angry in the first place, isn't really bothered by it.
- Justice Will Prevail
DaisyA second cousin with cow-print clothes, tiny hooves for hands, and pale pink legs. Carefree and laidback, to the point that the King compliments her on it: "Just what We like to see!"
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: According to the King in We ♥ Katamari, she isn't actually wearing pink leggings... those are udders. And her feet. No wonder she doesn't like running around...
- Dub Name Change: Her original name over in Japan? Horumon.
- This does not mean what you think it means: Horumon is a type of beef dish where the less renowned part of the cow are eaten, such as tongue, stomach, intestines, maybe even udders. It sounds like "hormone" through coincidence; the name originally was a contraction of "horu" to throw away, and "mono" things, because until this style of dining was invented, those cow bits were normally thrown away.
- Everything's Better with Cows
- Petting Zoo People
- The Unintelligible: In the webcomic, she can only make cow noises.
DroobyA big and boxy cousin with a massive drill where her legs should be. Hard-working, strong, and reliable. Can tell how well-done a roast is with just the tip of her finger.
- The Big Guy
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: Apart from the drill-leg thing, the two breast-like objects protruding from her body are actually called "Mystery Globes", and she can remove them from her body at will.
- Dub Name Change: Originally named 'Boss'.
- Gonk: Sadly, her distinctive appearance seems to invoke this reaction a lot, and she frequently lags far behind in popularity polls...
- This Is a Drill
HueyA cheerful, but somewhat shy second cousin with a 'Y'-shaped body. Wears yellow tights and tiny red shoes so that his legs look like his antennae. Timid, but eager to please; just the tiniest bit of praise makes his face light up with joy.
KinokoThis second cousin looks like an orange mushroom, with green speckles all over her cap. Rather docile compared to most of the others; since she kicks up a lot of dirt when moving, she prefers staying still.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: Judging from the placement of presents, her face is somewhere on her cap. It's just difficult to tell exactly where...
- Informed Ability: According to one of the King's profiles, she also emits paralyzing spores when moving around. This doesn't bar her from rolling alongside a friend, however.
- Meaningful Name: Kinoko is Japanese for mushroom.
L'AmourA second cousin with a distinctive shape: she looks like three pink balls stacked on top of each other, with big hearts plastered on the front. Loves love and romance, and wants everybody to be happy and content with those they care about most.
LuchaAs his name suggests, Lucha loves Professional Wrestling, and always wears a lucha mask. While fiercely competitive in the ring, outside he's very kind and considerate. Also, he doesn't wear a shirt.
- Masked Luchador
- Mask Power
- Meaningful Name
- Spirited Competitor
- Underwear of Power
- Walking Shirtless Scene
MachoA powerful-looking second cousin whose broad shoulders and normal waist make him look like an upside-down triangle. Despite his strength, however, he's actually a pacifist who hates fighting.
- Actual Pacifist: One of the perks of being a pacifist in a game series that doesn't focus on combat. (Unless you count rolling katamari as violence, which would make him a Technical Pacifist...)
- Gentle Giant
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Has this dynamic with Ichigo in the webcomic.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Fuchsia, anyway.
MikiA bright yellow second cousin with three antennae, one on top and one on each side of her head. Aims to be in the top three in whatever she does; however, she tends to end up in the top six instead. No matter what setbacks she faces, she never gives up and always keeps trying, striving to get better and better.
- Genki Girl
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Partly averted; while she doesn't quite reach her goal of top three, top six isn't so bad when you consider how many Cousins she's likely competing with.
- Plucky Girl
- Spirited Competitor
NutsuoThis second cousin is shaped like a peanut set on its end, and wears blue and white stripes. He even smells like peanuts. Has noticeably stubby arms set low on his body — too low for him to lift things up to his mouth easily. Poor guy.
- Lampshade Hanging: The King points out that his arms are too short to reach his mouth... and wonders how he eats.
- By digging in face-first, maybe?
- Punny Name
OdeonA second cousin who looks just like the Prince, except for the fact that instead of an antennae, he has a long neck and little red head that looks like an antennae. And that's where his face is located, instead of on his body. Also, his arms hang off the side of his 'head'. As a result, he's one of the stranger-looking of the second cousins...
ShyA pale blue, timid second cousin whose face is embedded inside her round head, like a diving helmet, or like she's wearing a hooded jacket. A complete Shrinking Violet; however, she's also a gold medalist swimmer, capable of completing the 100-meter freestyle without ever having to lift her head to breathe.
SignoloA second cousin with three faces, set on his curved head like traffic lights: blue, then yellow, then red. These faces flash brightly, and he even has a night job working as a safety guard, putting his talents to good use.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: His faces literally light up. Not to mention the fact he has three of them...
- Meaningful Name: Sounds a bit like signal... As in, traffic signal...
SlipA flimsy, paper-thin second cousin who looks exactly like the Prince if he was flattened to two-dimensions. Since he's so light, he's very good at flying, and he has a very slight presence. Sometimes takes advantage of this to play pranks, since he can easily escape or hide himself.
TwinkleA cousin shaped like a four-pointed star. Really loves Christmas, and likes to hang out in treetops. Bright and cheerful, but also has a rather sensitive side to his personality.
- Dub Name Change: Originally named 'Star'.
Distant Cousins/Introduced in Me & My Katamari
Ban-BanA white-and-pink distant cousin who's shaped like a doughnut. Has a 'manly character', yet loves eating sweets.
HansA distant cousin who, like Miso, has a bowl-shaped head. Instead of carrying soup, however, he carries his own pale white face in his bowl. Wears pale blue, and has orange and white stripes around the rim of his bowl. The King notes that his shape is perfect for lounging around the house all day. Always smiling.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology: As noted above, his face is located inside his bowl head rather than on the front, something you'd think would make moving around more difficult, let alone rolling katamari...
KentaA distant cousin with a 'face like a horse' — and a body built like a centaur's, with four legs all clad in bright purple tights. Also wears green like the Prince. Very prudent, and a hard-worker.
MuA cousin wearing all black, with a white Dramatic Ellipsis where his face should be. Unsurprisingly, he tends to be very quiet. Has a bit of trouble making friends, but always keeps his promises, no matter what.
Nai-NaiA distant cousin shaped like a box; his face is on the inside of his top, and his insides are covered in stars. Keeps his thoughts to himself, and is secretly working on a full-length novel.
- Dub Name Change: Back in Japan, his full name is Nai Nai 043.
- Punny Name: His name sounds similar to "night night."
- The Quiet One
- Viewer Gender Confusion: The King refers to Nai-Nai as 'she' in Me & My Katamari, and a few of her personalized Presents seem meant to emphasize this. In Beautiful Katamari, he describes Nai-Nai as male. So which is it?
NornA blue, thimble-shaped distant cousin with long, gangly arms and long, long legs. Absolutely loves goldfish, and keeps an entire tankful of them.
PaulaA tall cousin who wears all pink, and has four petals framing her face like a flower. Her parents are very rich, and she keeps a duck in her bedroom.
PokkleA distant cousin from a faraway, magical country. Pokkle doesn't look anything like the other cousins; instead, he looks like a slender puppet with an tall cone hat. Originally just visiting during Me & My Katamari, he's had so much fun with the Prince and all his cousins that he's completely forgotten to go back home...
Half Cousins/Cousins Introduced in Beautiful Katamari
HarvestA half cousin whose head is shaped like an apple, and wears a green dress to offset the rest of her bright red clothes. According to the King, she has the reflexes of a monkey.
KunihiroThis half cousin has a boxy head with fancy red paper pulled up over it and tied in a bow on his antennae, making it look like a carryout bag. He hails from the countryside, and loves riding on different types of vehicles.
KyunAn ash-grey half cousin shaped like a teardrop, with a long, pointed head. With her slender figure, she aspires for a top spot in the world of modeling.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Is referred to as female in Beautiful Katamari, but as male in Katamari Forever.
MagA child of the digital revolution, Mag has a Liquid Crystal Display plastered over her face, displaying different things. Aside from that, she wears blue and gray clothes, with digital lightning down one side. Addicted to playing video games, resulting in both quick reflexes and chronic dry eyes.
- The Blank
- Gamer Chick
- I Know Mortal Kombat
- Shout-Out: Just look at what her face sometimes displays.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: As with Kyun, Mag is referred to as female in Beautiful Katamari, but as male (when rolled up in-game) in Katamari Forever.
PuA little cousin wearing all green, with little leaves sprouting off of her antennae. Often mistaken for a baby because of those leaves.
RyuIt was only a matter of time before the token Ninja cousin showed up, right? Ryu wears all purple and fishnets, and carries a katana on his back. He's supposed to know some mysterious moves, but so far, the King has never actually seen any of these.
ShermanA cousin who's shaped like a snowman. Claims that he's capable of melting his whole body down if he wants, but is never in the mood to actually try it. (Possibly because he's never claimed to have the ability to pull himself together afterwards...)
- Informed Ability: We do get to see him do it in the comic, but it turns out he has a good reason for not wanting to: he can't rebuild himself afterwards.
The PrincessIs never actually mentioned to be the King and Queen's daughter (it can only be assumed), but calls herself the Princess anyway. She's also one of the only cousins with visible hair (brunette and styled just like the Queen's). Good at singing, horseback riding and playing musical instruments.
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Princess Classic
- Princesses Prefer Pink
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate cake.
Distant Cousins/Cousins Introduced in Katamari Forever
DangleThis cousin's extra-long arms hang off of his extra-long head; in fact, he walks on his hands, letting the rest of his body dangle beneath him. Does he roll katamari with his feet? Dangle also keeps up the tradition of cousins who mimic the Prince's green-and-purple wardrobe while being distinctive enough to avoid getting mistaken for him... by anyone aside from the King, perhaps.
- Bizarre Cousin Biology
- Unfortunate Names: Originally named Bran; the abrupt and unexplained name change led to some fans declaring They Changed It, Now It Sucks.
DriveA little orange car-cousin, Drive's face replaces his windshield. (Or should we say his windshield serves as his face?) Either way, this speedy cousin manages to control his katamari just fine by simply bumping into it.
- Dub Name Change: Like Dangle, had his name changed during the trip overseas — in his case, from Roger to the more unusual-sounding Drive.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
Also Debuting in Katamari Forever
The RoboKingTo give the King a little recovery time, the Prince and several of his Cousins built the RoboKing so his royal duties wouldn't go neglected. Unfortunately, the RoboKing caused a bit of a mess... and, unlike the real King, gets rather depressed and obsessive over his mistakes.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- Face–Heel Turn: The webcomic reveals that after the events of Katamari Forever, he's determined to prove himself a better king than the King.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Replacement Goldfish: With all the anxiety that implies.
- Unexplained Recovery: Not only did he die, but you murdered him. He shows up in the New Game+ acting like nothing happened.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Robo-Revelations reveals that he has pulled a full Face–Heel Turn after the events of Katamari Forever.
The Hoshino Family
Tomio HoshinoAn astronaut with a Meaningful Name. Katamari Damacy's subplot deals with how his big mission to the stars gets derailed by the fact that, well... there aren't any stars at the moment. A minor detail. Still, things work out by the end, much to the delight of him and and his family. Returned in We ♥ Katamari to request the King's help directly.
- Meaningful Name: Their surname translates to 'field of stars'.
Mizue HoshinoTomio's wife. Spends most of Katamari Damacy trying to get her children to a place where they can watch her husband's ship take off, while ignoring Mutsuo's attempts to point out the weirdness unfolding around them.
Mutsuo HoshinoThe Hoshino son, who actually notices the Unusually Uninteresting Sight of a big clump of rubbish rolling around and futilely tries to direct his mother's attention towards it. Tends to be somewhat forgetful; he can't keep the names of all the cousins straight.
- Cassandra Truth
- Deadpan Snarker: If you replay the "Make the Moon" level, Mutsuo will comment "The prince broke up the moon he just made. Rich people sure are different."
Michiru HoshinoThe youngest member of the Hoshino family, Michiru is mysteriously sensitive to the state of the Great Cosmos. Whenever the Prince successfully restores part of it, she picks up on and comments about it.
- Catch Phrase: "Oh! I feel it! I feel the Cosmos!"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her comments about the Cosmos being restored come off as nonsense to her mother.
- Creepy Child