Characters: Justice Society of Japan
An in-progress character sheet for Justice Society of Japan
Canon Characters: Heroes
- Clockwork Creature
- Cyborg: Subverted. Since being infected with the Machine Plague, enough time has passed that her entire body has become synthetic.
- Eldritch Abomination: Whatever it is that's possessing her.
- Expansion Pack Past: Her father being a robotics expert who invented the Vocaloids is made up wholesale for this fic.
- Faux Action Girl: Averted. While Shirley isn't the best fighter in the group, she's cognizant of her own limitations and strives to surpass them.
- Naïve Everygirl
- Not Blood Siblings: Hatsune Miku, who her father created.
- Oblivious Younger Sibling: Miku has no idea that Shirley is a superhero.
- Swiss Army Superpower: She can control all technology, even if it's purely mechanical. The only things limiting Shirley are her lack of experience and fear of losing control.
- Irony: Her father is apparently some kind of robotics genius, but her powers and new body have nothing to do with him.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: A victim of this thanks to The Machine Plague.
- Technopath: Notable that it works on purely mechanical machines, not just computers.
- Composite Character: Her powers and abilities are mostly based off of her appearance in Final Fantasy XIII, but she frequently wears outfits from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
- Not His Sled: It's implied that while a rough equivalent of the events of Final Fantasy XIII occurred, they were significantly different from canon. Also, she was apparently never pulled out of time by Etro, so the events of Final Fantasy XIII-2 haven't happened yet.
- Also, her sister is a fashion designer, not a teacher.
- Magic Knight
- The Stoic
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Transhuman: In this continuity, Lightning's L'cie powers stuck around after defeating Orphan.
- Named by the Adaptation: "Lowsley" is his last name, apparently.
- Layman's Terms: Frequently has to resort to this when explaining magic to people.
- Magic-Powered Pseudoscience
- Muggles Do It Better: Why he works with Atlas despite being a mostly-ordinary human. There's only so many Magi in the world, and most of them have a cultural taboo against relying on advanced technology. Since Atlas' mission is about preventing The End of the World as We Know It, bend the rules a little to get an edge. It helps that there isn't a Masquerade in this continuity; everyone knows the Mages' association exists, even if their inner workings remain a secret.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: For unknown reasons, he's the only one who can wield [[BFS The Monado]] without any negative side effects.
- Science Hero
- The Smart Guy
- Weaksauce Weakness: The Monado doesn't work on humans.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: The only magecraft he really knows is Projection, which is by and large thought of as useless and inefficient. But if you know the main series, then you know that it's really more of a Magikarp Power...
- The Power of Creation
- Action Girl
- Break the Cutie: Even more so than in canon.
- Faux Action Girl: Played with, as most of her failings are due to inexperience, being outnumbered by her enemies, or said enemies not holding back.
- The Cape
- Healing Hands
Canon Characters: Villains
- Creator's Favorite: Edrobot has stated that she's the most fun to write.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall
- Motor Mouth
Morgaine Le Fey
- Adaptational Badass: Despite being inspired by Justice League, this version of Mordred is much less of a Royal Brat, more of an Implacable Man.
- Composite Character: Based on both Mordred from the Fate/stay night series, as well as Mordred from Justice League.
- My Master, Right or Wrong
- Public Domain Character
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: And is apparently doing it on purpose.
The real Milly Ashford
Canon Characters: Other
- Enigmatic Minion: Heroic example. Is he helping the JSJ because he cares about Shirley, or does he have another purpose? If there's no Brittanian Empire in this universe, why did he form the Black Knights?
- Non-Action Guy
- Mission Control
- Secret Identity: Zero, though for most of the story he's simply Lelouch.
- Baleful Polymorph
- Damsel in Distress
- Doppelgänger: She might not be the original Milly Ashford.
- Changeling Tale
- Walking Spoiler
- Actually Not a Vampire: After her powers awaken and her weaknesses are discovered, Zero gets Merasmus tries every test he can think of to narrow down what kind of supernatural creature she is, with "Vampire" being his first guest.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength
- Empowered Badass Normal
- Mysterious Parent: Played with. Her father was obsessed with the occult, and did disappear while searching for Shangri-La. But he was also so incompetent that he probably died from exposure.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Weaksauce Weakness: Silver and religious iconography.
- Walking Spoiler: And being familiar with Code Geass doesn't help in the slightest.
- The Ghost: Never appears on-screen, since he's nowhere near where the story takes place. Hope, however, is a big fan of his.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Breakout Character: Originally appeared in Jake Englishs Mysterious Theater Of Scientific Romance From The Year 3000.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: At one point tries to betray Kyoko Sakura in order to get on her attackers' good side. It doesn't work.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Though she considers both her and her father to be heroes.
- Half-Human Hybrid: While neither are technically "human" to begin with, if her mother is Saber and her father is Gilgamesh, she'd be at least 1/3rd god.
- Heroic Lineage: Claims to be the daughter of two famous heroes, and is infuriated when no one can guess who they are.
- Meaningful Name
- Faux Action Girl: While she is powerful and occasionally clever, she lacks the skill or focus to succeed to win in any fight depicted thus far.
- Jerk Sue: Subverted. She may act like one, but her attitude alienates everyone around her, and her track record leaves much to be desired.
- Kid from the Future: Allegedly.
- Royal Brat
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Tautological Templar
Hope / Hon'kale
- Ascended Fangirl: Attempted to become this when she tried to teleport to Sternbild in hopes of becoming Wild Tiger's sidekick. It didn't work, though she ended up becoming a superhero anyway.
- Amusing Injuries: Her injuries are described in graphic detail, almost to the point where it Crosses the Line Twice.
- Combo Platter Powers: Has several different powers, most of which have extremely limited use.
- Shapeshifting: But only into people who are about the same height and weight, and she can't hide the tattoo on her forehead.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Only into water, and not too much fine control.
- Instant Armor... that she can't move in.
- Extreme Omnivore: Can eat literally anything, but lacks the Required Secondary Powers that would make this actually useful (such as acidic saliva).
- Absurdly Sharp Claws
- Casting a Shadow: Can hide in other people's shadows.
- Healing Factor
- Distinguishing Mark: An ouroboros tattoo on her forehead.
- Military Brat: Her father is apparently a CIA agent.
- The Pollyanna
- Fangirl: She's a huge fan of Wild Tiger.
- Forshadowing: She's clearly a Fullmetal Alchemist style homunculus.
- Genki Girl
- The Runaway: The Circus Runaway variant. She attempted to use a teleporter to go to Sternbild in hopes of becoming Wild Tiger's sidekick, but ended up in Tokyo instead.
- Secret Identity: After escaping police custody, she adopts the completely-made-up identity of "Hon'kale", a drow girl from a "tangent dimension". On Mars.
- Shocking Swerve: Pariodied in an omake, which claims that her father is apparently Drizzt.
Ino Atom Nix
- Ambiguously Human
- Amnesiac Hero: She also has Anterograde Amnesia, however, so she has trouble making new memories in addition to remembering old ones.
- Doppelgänger: She looks exactly like Xion, but she might not be the real Xion.
- Socially-Awkward Hero
- Shrinking Violet
Parallel Works characters
- Badass Normal
- Dissonant Serenity
- Ordinary Middle School Student: Subverted.
- Secret Legacy: At first it looks like she has one of these. But when attacked by a minotaur she whips out a crossbow and and asks her mom where her dad keeps the poison.
- Walking Spoiler: Not so much for the main fic, buuuuut her story loses a bit of the impact if you know the spoilers.