Takeru/Red Mask | Actor: Ryosuke Kaizu
The leader of the Maskmen, the first to be spotted by Commander Sugata. Expert in Karate and is a Formula One race driver. He met and fell in love with a girl named Mio, and even when she is revealed as Princess Iyal, he still clings to be reunited, giving him strength to push on. Used to be an extremely bratty kid, but after meeting his grown-up self, he matured up. Though he's basically The Hero, he's much more temperamental.
- The Ace: He is actually one, but in the past, he's anything but. He'd still hide that non-Ace past because it's embarrassing.
- Badass Driver: He's a Formula One racer, thus instantly qualifies him as one.
- Determinator: This is his main quality, which is why Sugata got him as a Maskman.
- Finishing Move: Masky Crash
- Episode 6 has him utilizing the all powerful God Hand technique.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Is the one who'd do this to his friends who needs it.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Gets his own buggy (Spin Cruiser) and has two powerful Finishing Moves he can use on his own.
- My Future Self and Me: It's only after meeting his future, Maskman self that little Takeru stopped being a brat.
- Old Shame: An in-universe example. His Bratty Half-Pint past is something he didn't want to reveal to his friends, so he hid the facts about his bratty self.
- Signature Move: Laser Arrow
Kenta/Black Mask | Actor: Kouichi Kusakari
The sub-leader and a Kobudo expert. More laid back than Takeru and likes chasing girls (mostly with no avail or luck, either he backs down, the girl is oblivious, or dies). Has an Old Master.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Learns one.
- Cowardly Lion: Was turned into one at a point, but he gets better.
- Flail Staff: Masky Rod
- Super Strength: Shown in ep 13 where in his civilian identity throws around the other Maskmen like ragdolls of course the Maskmen were faking the fight to draw out a spy, but it was still impressive
Akira/Blue Mask | Actor: Issei Hirota
The youngest of the team, Chinese Boxing and swordplaying expert and the one to crack jokes, most of the time. He left his mother to train (actually was drafted to the Maskman force) and strives to make his mother proud by training hard.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: At one point, he's possessed by a monster, turning him into the fencer Unas and proceeds to OWN the Maskmen, HARD. He gets better, of course.
- Just a Kid: He doesn't really take being treated as a kid at first. (HE'S 16 YEARS OLD!!!)
Haruka/Yellow Mask | Actress: Yuki Nagata
A Ninja (and damn proud of it). Ever since she's a child, she's raised without enjoying girly things (like dolls). As such, she has a hidden sensitive spot for girly things. She's best buds with Momoko.
- The Big Girl: The more obvious Action Girl, that is.
- Cuteness Proximity: Raised as a ninja, Haruka was forbidden to enjoy anything cute or girly, thus explaining her soft spot on cute things despite her tomboyish exterior.
- Doppelgänger Attack: Yellow Mask Kage Bunshinnote
Momoko/Pink Mask | Actress: Kanako Maeda
A gentle hearted girl who is really kind to children and teaches martial arts in her free time. She's an expert in Tai Chi Quan and tends to get very emotional in things she does. Best buds with Haruka.
- The Chick: Less 'chick' than most others, since this is Maskman, Sentai of Charles Atlas Superpower, she can be as strong as you can get.
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: In the episode where she fought against a monster untransformed for so long, it drained her fatigue that after firing the Shot Bomber, she collapsed, reverts back to human form and rendered unconscious.
- Determinator: All because she made a promise about teaching her students about making the impossible possible as long as one pushes their efforts to their limits, she absolutely refuses to transform and to her credit, she actually punches a hole through the Monster of the Week's chest untransformed and even after she transformed, she still wrecks the monster hard enough so it can be shot with Shot Bomber. However...
- Unwitting Pawn: That's exactly what Anagmas was counting on her, resulting the fall of Great Five. To her comfort, she still saved her students and their spirits.
- Lady of War: It's Tai Chi Quan, the martial arts for Lady of War.
- Mythology Gag: Is the Pink Ranger, uses Ribbon as her weapon, and part of her name is 'Momo'. I think we've had this concept before...
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Haruka's Tomboy.
Commander Sanjurou Sugata
- Stuffed in the Fridge: Quite literally, despite not dying.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Her sister Igam and her.
Ryo Asuka/X1 Mask | Actor: Shinji HigashiA One-Shot Character who briefly joined the Maskman team as its sixth member.
Emperor Zeba/Rizal Doggler II
- Eldritch Abomination: He turns out to be the spawn of an earlier Eldritch Abomination, Rizal Doggler, destroyed by the original Tube royal family. Driven both by hatred against humans on both sides of the crust as well as his ancestor's lust for domination, he wiped out all of the Tube royal family save Ial and Igam, whom he used as his pawns.
- One-Winged Angel: His true form, Rizal Doggler II
- Technicolor Death: Bleeds red energy like other Ground Beasts then melts into energy which forms into a face which float up in the sky and explodes four times.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: When his mother gets killed by a Monster of the Week, it allowed him to gain enough courage to slay the monster and gain his own Mid-Season Upgrade.
- Woman in White: In the finale, when she became a monk/nun to pay for her sins
- Anti-Villain: Type I. Fu-Min's loyalty to Igam is extreme, but genuine that she sometimes showed even compassion to the frozen Ial. She also pretty much sacrificed her life so Igam can live and redeem herself.
Thief Knight Kiros
- Knight in Shining Armor: Subverted. While he does save girls like one occasionally, his motto is "I always get what I want", which horribly clashes with the meaning of the trope.
- Catch Phrase - "Yare Yare..."
- Damaged Soul: Creatures he revives will always be snarling, rampaging beasts, even if they were capable of speech beforehand.
- Gag Sub: Is the victim of this. (See main article)