- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He is quite arrogant about his skill in his win quotes.
- Casanova Wannabe: In his special win quote against Lihua and Liza, he tries hitting on them and in his scene in the credits, he used his Shoryuken-like attack to lift a girl's skirt.. Said girl was NOT pleased and Kazuya ends up getting slapped in the face for his trouble.
- Shoryuken: Two variations; one starting with a crouch dash when done on the ground and one in mid-air.
- Shotoclone: As the main character of the game, Kazuya being one is a given.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Other than his Sarashi wrappings and his gi top which he uses more than a Coat Cape, he fights bare-chested.
- Badass Biker: In his scene in the credits, he is seen riding one with his girlfriend, Sarah.
- Expy: Terry Bogard and Guile combined.
- Fingerless Gloves: He wears these whenever he is fighting or riding his bike.
- Shock and Awe: He uses electricity in his attacks.
- MMA Fighter In All of Us: His fighting style is mixed martial arts.
- Blow You Away: Her Desperation Attack have her create a tornado around her and sucking in the poor sap that is too close.
- Cool Sword: She uses it mostly in her special moves. It should be noted that she is the only one besides Gekkou to have a weapon.
- Fingerless Gloves: Just like Barts, she wears these.
- Hair Decorations: Ties her long hair in a yellow ribbon.
- I Will Find You: Lihua is quite determined to find her missing parents.
- Lady of War: She is quite the graceful fighter.
- Mundane Utility: In her scene in the credits, she used her sword to cut some food up when cooking.
- Captain Ersatz: Looks like Bobby Brown with the talent of MC Hammer.
- Chick Magnet: Unlike Kazuya, he seems to be quite popular with the ladies with two women literally run up to his side in his second win pose.
- Dance Battler: He joins the tournament to use the money to boost his dancing career and his Desperation Attack includes him dancing under a spotlight while his opponent is literally stunned by this and when he is done, the opponent is somehow electrified.
- Kiss of Death: Sort of. It's actually a projectile attack.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He wears an open jacket but no shirt.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Maybe it is his nickname when dancing but still...
- Assist Character: Her animal friends, a bird and a monkey fight alongside her and attacks when she commands them to. Not unlike Nakoruru and Cham-Cham.
- Bare Your Midriff: Justified since her stage is in a jungle in Brazil.
- Boyish Short Hair: As opposed to Lihua's ponytail.
- Dance Battler: Her Desperation Attack is literally putting on a Carnival dress out of nowhere and dancing with it.
- Fur Bikini: She wears a leopard-printed one.
- Hurricane Kick: Hers performed with Button Mashing. She has a Desperation Attack variant where she's wearing a dress.
- Jungle Princess: Not much known about her past but considering her outfit, her animal friends, her savage fighting style AND the fact that her stage is in the jungle, I believe this is a safe bet.
- Action Dad: Has an unnamed son that shows up in his win poses and ending.
- Boxing Battler: He is the token boxer of this game. Though unlike most examples, he is not restricted to using only his fists in battle.
- Eagleland - Flavor 1. I mean like at what he is wearing for crying out loud!
- Extremity Extremist: Averted, even though he's still a boxer.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Not surprising, considering his fighting style.
- Shoryuken: Starts with a forward dash.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Even in his one quotes where he complimented his opponent's spirit, he also said that they will never be his
- Fighting with Chucks: One of his special moves do this.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a scratch scar on his cheek.
- Supercop: He is a detective that manages to take down armed men in his ending.
- Adorkable: You wouldn't enter the token ninja to be this but in his win quote against Lihua and Liza, he seems flustered at the thought of beating up a woman and sheepishly apologizes.
- Fuuma Shuriken: Throws one as a projectile.
- Highly Visible Ninja: A ninja clad in PURPLE?
- Amazing Technicolor Population: He has purple skin. Justified because of the mutation he had went through.
- Bandaged Face: His entire face save for one eye is covered in bandages.
- Dumb Muscle: Maybe it is the effects of the mutation because he doesn't appear to be too bright. In fact, he seems to act like a Man Child. One of his attacks even includes flailing his arms around while crying.
- Eek, a Mouse!!: In his scene in the credits, he freaked out over a mouse. Let me repeat that. The big, hulking monster got scared of a little mouse.
- I Am a Monster: His goal in the tournament is to win the money so he could fund a science research to make him human again.
- Mighty Glacier: He not only slowly and hits hard, his jumps are slow.
- Rubber Man: To make up for his slow speed, he could stretch his arms out just like Dhalsim.
- Stout Strength: He has a gut on him but it doesn't stop him from laying the beatdown.
- Taking You with Me: His Desperation Attack where he grabs the opponent and a number count appears over his head. When it reaches zero, Marco explodes, damaging his opponent in the progress. This is subverted when Marco somehow regenerates his body while his opponent is on the ground after taking a lot of damage.
- Use Your Head: One of his special moves have him take off his head and throw it across the screen.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Sort of. He IS the token grappler of the game, after all. At least the playable grappler in Gonzales' case.
- Expy: He's pretty much a Russian version of Goro Daimon, given the fact that the two of them are judokas, having their Eyes Always Shut, and that their own judo moves go way beyond that of the standard judo techniques.
- Eyes Always Shut: Gonzales rarely has his eyes open unless he's about to perform a judo move.
- Husky Russkie: He is the second biggest character in the game and his size isn't just so show as proven in his Desperation Attack.
- I Will Find You: Gonzales is very determined to find his missing fiance Tanya.
- Manly Tears: He sheds these in his win pose.
- Nice Hat: His coonskin cap.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: On the nationality variety. He is a Russian man that fights with judo which is a Japanese martial art, wears a coonskin cap which is associated with American frontiersmen AND has a Spanish name.
- Space Zone: Played with when using his Desperation Attack, where he grabs and tosses his opponent into space for a moment, burning them in the process.
- Wrestler in All of Us: On the subject of judo.
- Cool Mask: He wears a green mask that looked like it is about to shatter with a single flick.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He has a special throw where he encases his opponent in a stone pillar.
- Fiery Redhead: He is quite loud when attacking.
- Identity Amnesia: He lost his memories so his goal in the tournament is to try to regain them.
- Mayincatec: Not only does his design screams this but his stage is also in front of an Aztec temple.
- Prehensile Hair: Uses his long hair to whip people. In fact, h
- Rolling Attack: Attacks by rolling into his enemy, not unlike Blanka
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Fights with a top showing off his tattooed body.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair in one of his alternate palettes.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Both the general of his army and the single strongest individual in it.
- Badass Moustache: He has a moustache and yes, he IS a badass.
- Catch Phrase: "I am a perfect soldier!" Trust me when I say this, you WILL see this quote a lot.
- Doppleganger Attack: One of his infamous moves is sending out ghostly figures of him around him, making it impossible for the player to even get near him.
- Evil Laugh: "HUHUHUHUH! HUHUHUHUH!". He'll belt it out every time you challenge him, so get used to this one.
- Expy: Let's see. A SNK Boss that is dressed like a dictator. M. Bison much?
- Pet the Dog: In Marco's ending, he not only gives Marco the money to fund the science research project but he also helps out with it by giving up Marco a human body for him to have.
- SNK Boss: Goodness. Observe. This guy is basically the hardest boss throughout all fighting games since its release. For further proof? Even the writers from game magazines gave up to write strategies against him. It took until 2014 until he was finally beaten fairly, here, and even then it was a very narrow win.
- Teleport Spam: One of the big factors in his difficulty is that he can spam a DBZ-esque teleport like there's no tomorrow. And he knows it, closing every distance by a chokeslam-followed teleport and casually teleporting behind you every time he feels like it.
- Space Zone: His space station stage. How his opponent managed to get all of the way up there is up to debate.