Characters: Darwin's Soldiers
A character page for the RP series known as Darwins Soldiers.A list of character sheets as they were written by the authors during character creation can be found here.
The good guys
open/close all folders
Dr. James ZanasiuFormer Pelvanida scientist from the biologics department and unofficial leader of the good guys. An all-around qualified individual. Author Serris' main character.
- Badass Bookworm - A scientist who really knows his way around a shotgun.
- The Hero
- Weapon of Choice - 12-gauge Remington 870 pump-shotgun.
- The Smart Guy
- Action Survivor - More than the other characters because he can't adequately defend himself, and when a villain wants something shut down/turned on the control room is the first place they go.
- Butt Monkey - Shelton gets beat up a lot.
- But Not Too Foreign - Shelton has mentioned that he's not American, but other than a few odd colloquialisms and the use of "zed" instead of "z", he's pretty much the same as the rest of the team.
- His ambiguous nationality is a Running Gag. To expand: he's used phrases or sayings from several different dialects, like Canadian, Australian, or British, but he's mentioned his mother didn't speak English, and his father was in the American Navy, but he went to school in Switzerland, yet when he lost his job he was sent to Austria, and in the end retired to Scotland...about the only thing we can say for sure is that he's European.
- Dead Pan Snarker - Oh so much.
- Do Anything Scientist - He often complains that despite being in a team of scientists, he's the only one who ever does anything except shoot people. This is because the team is almost always outnumbered, and everyone else is busy holding off the enemy so he even has time to solve the current problem.
- Growing the Beard - Literally, in the third RP.
- Mission Control
- Mr. Fixit
- The Mole - At the end of the second RP, he and Dr. Kerzach go undercover to infiltrate Dragonstorm.
- Killed Off for Real - LettuceBacon&Tomato had Shelton die of a brain hemorrhage between the end of Disruptive Selection and the epilogue.
- Kick the Dog: On the day his daughter finally locates him and pays a visit.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway? - He is not pleased that of all the possible superpowers he could have gained from Nixx's syringe, he got the ability to talk to plants.
- Rebel Leader - Werner gets left behind on Gaman, and by the time the others return, he's become one of these.
- Teen Genius - Only 18, and already working for a top-secret military research base. He's explicitly mentioned to be the youngest scientist at the base.
- The Medic
- Token Minority - Like Star Trek's Uhura, hits two; female and black.
- The McCoy - In a brief scene in Schrodinger's Prisoners, James, Shelton, and Dr. Joe fall into the classical archetypes during an argument about helping an old friend out. Dr. Joe wins.
- Healing Factor - he can heal from rather serious injuries given enough time.
- Mind over Matter - he is also telekinetic.
- Shock and Awe - he possesses the ability to generate electricity to use as a weapon.
- Ascended Extra - he was originally referred only as the "Bison construction worker".
- Badass Beard - He's been alongside the entire team in each and every fight and he's got a beard.
- Beware the Nice Ones - He is generally easy going but angering him will result in serious injury/death.
- The Big Guy - He towers over the main cast at a staggering 7 feet tall.
- Farm Boy - It is mentioned in the second RP that he grew up on a farm. At the start of the second RP, he is working in construction and he gets dragged into the whole story by Aisha.
- Super Strength - Alfred possesses enough strength to fold a steel baton on itself, tear a gate right off its hinges or drag a large van out of a ditch with his bare hands. Or scrap heavy combat robots with his bare hands.
- Meaningful Name - Stern is, well, stern.
Single RP Characters
AimeeA female Vixen who has robotic arms. Author MrDrake's main character.
- An Arm and a Leg - Well, both of her arms were amputated in the past and replaced with her now, robotic arms
- Badass - Well, she is a Vixen, and she can fight pretty well.
- Berserk Button - She absolutely hates it when someone calls her a cripple
- Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting - Well, she does need a use for her robotic arms, which can do damage
- Doesn't Like Guns - Simply for the fact she has not fired one before
- Non Action Girl - She prefers to be behind a computer more than anything
- The Smart Girl - she is very talented with computers.
- Bi the Way
- Heel-Face Turn - After a lengthy talk by Aimee, she switches sides and becomes one of the good guys
- Killed Off for Real - The second time.
- An Arm and a Leg - Subject 19 had cut off his hand once, but since then, it has been healed up.
- Cowboy Cop - He tends to not tell his superiors what is going around, trying to keep everything under control.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat - Kiara fits this, as she does want to tell her superior on what has been happening, but as of late, it has been failing.
- Mind over Matter - another telekinetic experiment.
- Spell My Name with an "S" - his name has been rendered as either "Siberys" or "Syberis".
- I Just Want to Be Normal - He agrees to be the test subject for a bioweapon that permanently disables the powers of psi-experiments because he doesn't want his powers any more.
- Action Survivor - He just happened to visit Pelvanida on a bad day.
- But Not Too Foreign - Like Shelton, his foreignness is practically an Informed Ability
- Escort Mission - What he was on.
- Sole Survivor - the other Canadians who escorted the weapon were all killed rather quickly.
- Berserk Button - If he perceives Aimee to be in danger, he will turn on his own allies.
- Fantastic Racism - He hates snakes.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much - Aydin strongly disapproves of how the Vulpine act.
- Satellite Love Interest - His only defining personality trait is the fact that he loves Aimee.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute - He seems to be a Vulpine clone of Corporal Stern.
The bad guys
Dr. Greydon/Johnson ZenarchisThe creator of Dragonstorm and The Man Behind the Man, Zenarchis is a mysterious figure who has escaped death at least once.The Dragon]] to Dr. Zenarchis.Howard HicksA Dragonstorm human, commonly seen with Montgomery. Killed in the second RP by Aisha.Lester MontgomeryA Beagle, member of Dragonstorm who was elevated to Big Bad in Serris' story Fool's Gold.Pietr KozlovA Brown Bear, former dragon until his death in the first RP. Creator of the flare shotgun.
- The Brute - he towers over almost all the cast and possesses extreme strength. And is just as happy to use his fists or a gun in a fight.
- Spell My Name with an "S" - His name kept switching between Koslov and Kozlov, until Serris explicitly decided it was Kozlov.
Single RP Characters
TrinityEvil, cold-hearted, practically, one evil, uncaring bitch. MrDrake's character.
- Badass Normal - She is unaugmented but is more than capable of standing her ground against the augmented heroes.
- Empowered Badass Normal - She later doses herself with with an experimental Super Serum giving her superhuman strength, speed and agility.
- Ice Queen - Well, she doesn't care for anyone....well...save for Subject 19
- Jerkass - Possibly to the lesser extent of the above.
- Evil Is Sexy - Ahem yes....revealing clothes, has hit on Aimee once as well, Hailey thinks she's cute...I'm sure it fits