Read at your own discretion.
- The Ace: What the Mega Playboy supposedly is.
- Beauty Mark: One under each eye, which lets Karin recognize him as the eventual Mega Playboy.
- Bishie Sparkle: The appropriate-named Twinkle Junta is surrounded by them when he appears.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the OVA because of Mori shooting him with his own DMC.
- Chick Magnet: As the Mega Playboy, though Karin and Ami like him as Junta.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died when he was young, leaving him to be raised by his mother.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first page says a lot about Junta."My name is Junta Momonari. And I am about to vomit."
- Evil Red Head: The Mega Plaboy turns out to be this. Also counts when he's brainwashed by Mori in the OVA.
- Go Through Me: In the anime, he pulls this off against Rurara.
- He Is All Grown Up: One of the playboy personality's effects is to make Junta appear much more mature and good-looking, compared to his goofy and almost child-like regular self.
- Idiot Ball: Holds it in the final chapter. Junta gains complete control over the Mega Playboy and is seen together with Karin, who is seriously considering staying in the past. When she confronts him over actually being in love with Ami, he says that he loves Karin, too, although it's clear that 'too' isn't good enough and Karin prepares to shoot him with the correct DMC. Junta uses his Mega Playboy powers, turning into the exact thing Karin was sent to eradicate from the get-go, in an attempt to persuade her to stay.
- The Pornomancer: The other, far more dangerous effect of the Mega Playboy.
- Screw Destiny: When Junta learns that he would turn into the Mega Playboy regardless at age 21, he vows to control the playboy personality of his. He manages to do so, causing all of the Mega Playboy's children to cease to exist.
- Split Personality: The usual Junta is well-meaning, but awkward around women and ends up vomiting when he's sexually aroused by a girl. The playboy side of him, referred to as Twinkle Junta, does not have that backset and can smooth-talk almost any girl's panties off with as little as a dashing rogue smile. Then there is the Mega Playboy, who has power of Twinkle Junta's charm, but is also a very strong psychic fighter.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: It turns out that the Mega Playboy is a Mega Asshole when he finally fully reveals himself and refuses to help Karin, who is being brutally beaten, simply because 'their DNA is incompatible'. Though it's likely that this Mega Playboy was not just forcefully brought out through the DMC Rurara gave him, but also made out to be a worse person than he likely originally was.
- Unlucky Everydude: Who would think this loser grows up to be a dangerously dreamy guy?
- Action Girl: The biggest out of the three. She manages to beat up a horde of street thugs, but has difficulty fighting off waiters. Her action is justified, as Mori reveals that Karin had several jobs and some included training in battle.
- Bad Liar: She cannot lie. Any attempt has her end up easily flustered.
- Blasphemous Boast: Her initial appearance has her spout one."Not even God can keep up with the manipulation of the DNA."
- Broken Bird: According to Mori. Her parents abandoned her when she was 3 years old and Karin has been attempting to build a good life for herself to prove that she's better than what she expects. So far, she has been unsuccessful.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She's competent at her job, but she can't stay serious about things and even ruins any moment of hers by gushing about her Blasphemous Boast.
- Establishing Character Moment: The time machine lands, the dush and smoke settle and out steps Karin in her badass DNA Agent gear, dropping her Blasphemous Boast with a wicked grin at the camera... and then proceeds to squee over how freaking cool that was!
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Karin comes from the future, though the exact year isn't stated. It is known that Junta and the others are already dead in her time.
- I Choose to Stay: The final chapter makes it appear like she chose to stay in the past, with her even donning some casual clothing. She quickly reminds Junta that she hasn't made up her mind yet. Averted, in the end. Karin realizes that Junta is also in love with Ami, so she decides to shoot him with the DMC that removes the playboy DNA from his body, as well as his memories of the adventure and her. Karin then returns to her own time.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Her dream is to make a ton of money, retire early and then spend the rest of her life happily married to a handsome man and living in a large home.
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight: Towards Junta, when the Mega Playboy DNA is keeping him contained.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Why she chooses to erase all of Junta's memories of her.
- Large Ham: She has some pretty hammy moments, usually gushing about how badass she just was.
- Love Epiphany: When Mori reveals that he purposefully switched the original DMC with the one that caused the Mega Playboy to manifest early and that Karin did not shoot Junta with her love DMC. She realizes that her feelings for Junta, and his for her, are absolutely genuine.
- Married to the Job: Chooses to go back to her own time."I'm a pro. I don't let my feelings get in the way."
- Moment Killer: Has this as a general reaction to her habit of gushing over her awesomeness. She also pulls this off on purpose when Junta, as his usual self or the Mega Playboy, has a romantic moment with any girl that isn't Ami.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents abandoned her when she was 3 years old.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Karin defies orders to return home when the playboy is awoken early, instead choosing to stay behind and help him learn to rein him in. Especially when Junta is willing to become the Mega Playboy, if it gives him the strength to fight Ryuuji.
- Sensual Spandex: Her bodysuit is really tight. And of very durable material.
- She's Got Legs: Her beautiful butt, legs and hips get a lot of attention.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is an unnaturally light blue color. It emphasizes her difference from the regular cast, with her having come from the future.
Voiced By: Megumi Hayashibara, Veronica Lake, María Teresa HermándezThe prettiest girl at Junta's school, though she already has a boyfriend. Tomoko often gets into fights with her boyfriend because of his notorious cheating, but she never actually breaks up with him. According to him, she is attracted to him on a genetic level, so she cannot break up with him because of that instinctual desire.She teases Junta sometimes, mostly as a form of stress-relief when Ryuuji's behavior annoys her. However, when she easily falls in love with the Mega Playboy, she tells Ryuuji very directly that their relationship is over. She even throws his DNA reason back into his face.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She comes across as this, at first, but she's actually quite sweet.
- Covert Pervert: Tomoko is a bit of a tease, but overall doesn't seem too bad. And then she suggest to Junta that they get frisky in a changing room, claiming that the risk of getting caught makes things better.
- Going Commando: What Junta thinks is the case after he ended up vomiting all oer her black panties. Averted. Tomoko put on some shorts she had bought at the mall earlier.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Her reason for her behavior.
- Modesty Shorts: When meeting Junta in a mall, she wears some biker shorts under her skirt. It's actually a plot-point when she doesn't wear them later in the chapter.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a lot of short skirts and flashes her underwear at times. Even her first appearance has her in nothing but a pair of panties and a towel.
- Nice Girl: She's surprisingly nice and quick to forgive people.
- Out of Focus: After the big fight with Ryuuji is over, Tomoko fades into the background quickly and only makes a noteworthy appearance in the final chapter.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother died when she was young. Her father makes sure she lives in comfort and provides abundant financial help, but he's generally abroad.
- Seen It All: After seeing a naked male body that has her head on it, she recovers pretty fast from it and similar things.
- The Tease: She loves teasing Junta. She meant it in a pretty mean-spirited way in the first chapter, but she quickly stops the teasing when she falls for the Mega Playboy.
- Friend or Idol Decision: Ami is ready to embrace her feelings for Junta and tell him, only to learn that Kotomi is in love with Junta. When she learns this, Ami immediately chooses to pull back and give Kotomi a chance.
- Near-Rape Experience: Ami gets accosted and almost raped by Junta, who is actually just Ryuuji shapeshifted into Junta, but she tells him that their friendship is over. Ryuuji stops, claiming that he didn't want to anymore.
- No-Sell: She is disgusted by the Mega Playboy and his various ways of charming women.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: For Junta, whom she has known since childhood days. It's implied that she doesn't fall for his playboy side because she knows that Junta isn't actually like that.
- Plucky Girl: She isn't bummed out by bad things for a long time. Unless it involves Junta.
- Tomboy: From her personality, to her casual clothes and boyish haircut.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Kotomi's girly girl.
- Tsundere: Type B. She's a nice girl, overall, unless Junta is around.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: It's implied that she would have gotten together with Junta, had the Mega Playboy never awoken in him. In which case, she and Junta would have gotten married and had two or three children. With Karin shooting the Mega Playboy out of Junta, as well as erasing his memories of her, it's implied that Ami and Junta end up married.
Voiced By: Hekiru Shiina, Lotus, Melanie HenríquezAmi's best friend, who has a little problem that occurs when she's nervous, similar to Junta's severe reaction to arousal. She's very sensitive about it and tries very hard to not let that little gas bubble show up in front of others.Kotomi is unfortunately very susceptible to the Mega Playboy's charm and instantly fell for him. She's initially down-trodden because she thinks he'd never pay any attention to her, as she isn't sexy. In order to give it a shot, she gets herself made over.
- Attempted Rape: When she and Twinkle Junta are in the redlight district, he gets knocked out and two thugs were going to rape Kotomi. Fortunately, Junta woke up in time and sent them packing with his telekinetic abilities.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She ditches the pigtails and opts for a shorter hairdo to appeal to Junta.
- Gasshole: Kotomi is a rare female example, with her farts being akin to explosions.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has them before she gets her hair cut.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: She doesn't think that she has a chance with the Mega Playboy, which is one of the reasons for her sudden image change.
- Moment Killer: Her loud farts tend to do this.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Kotomi's a talented gymnast, except for that loud farting problem making her nervous when performing.
- Put on a Bus: Kotomi leaves for Germany after getting a scholarship.
- Sensual Spandex: Her leotard is very form-fitting, to poor Junta's dismay.
- Shrinking Violet: With purple hair, to boot!
- Slut-Shaming: Attempted by her gymnastics rival, who claims she saw Kotomi and Junta come out of the redlight district. Since nothing happened, Kotomi defends herself.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Ami's tomboy.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: While performing her gymnastics in a tournament, her leotard gets ripped through telekinetic powers and her breast is exposed. She lets out a loud fart out of embarassment, then excuses herself to change.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is black, but color illustrations generally give it pruple highlights.
- Body Horror: What he looks like, when he shapeshifts portions of his body during the battle against Junta. Tomoko is utterly horrified and repulsed by it. His torso has become fat and rotund, one arm turned into a large muscle-pack and the other has become supersharp like a blade.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the OVA.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Towards Tomoko, which is the whole reason for his actions.
- Evil Costume Switch: He wasn't all that nice to begin with, but when he goes on his power trip, he decides to don some darker, imposing clothes.
- High-Pressure Blood: When his body reaches its limit, the veins in his face expand and burst.
- If I Can't Have You...: After Tomoko dumps him, Ryuuji challenges Junta to a duel and the winner gets Tomoko. But when Tomoko still rejects him, despite proving himself to be stronger than Junta, Ryuuji becomes rather violent.
- Jerkass: To begin with, but got worse when he got his powers.
- Jerk Jock: He's an obnoxious brute, despite his handsome appearance.
- Laser-Guided Karma
- His speech that DNA compatibility is why he keeps having affairs with other women and uses it as an excuse towards Tomoko gets thrown back into his face by her, when she says that she fell in love with Junta because of a DNA compatibility.
- There's also the fact that the Mega Playboy is exactly what Ryuuji considers himself to be. A man with such superior DNA that women just throw themselves at him.
- Power Copying: After getting hit by a DMC, Ryuuji gets the ability to shapeshift into any person he thinks of. In order to 'properly' copy them, though, he needs to absorb the information of their DNA through touch.
- Phlebotinum Overload: He becomes practically a monster and almost dies because he's been absorbing too much DNA, only suriving because the Mega Playboy punched Ryuuji out of the 'armor' of absorbed DNA.
- Prematurely Bald: It's not shown, but Tomoko says that his hair has begun falling out during his recovery. He has decided to get his head shaven in the meantime.
- Pride Before a Fall: An insufferable jerk to begin with, who only gets worse when he obtains psychic powers, but after his defeat at Junta's hand and overstraining his body, Ryuuji seems to have mellowed out a little.
- Stalker with a Crush: He turns into one for Tomoko, after she dumps him.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Ryuuji was annoying to begin with, but gets worse when he gets powers.
- Voluntary Shape Shifting: After getting hit by a DMC bullet, he gets this ability. It's limited to only changing his face and hair to another person, but he can imitate the whole body after absorbing the person's DNA.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After realizing his powers due to the DMC, he comes up with the idea that absorbing more DNA will make him physically stronger and he starts to suffer illussions of grandeur.
Voiced By: Sakiko Tamagawa, Rebecca Miriam, Ivette GarcíaRurara appears one day and has traveled back in time to meet her father and have a child with him. She introduces herself as his youngest child, but admits that, due to a miscalculation, she is actually the 101st child.Rurara forces the Mega Playboy out of Junta, but is told by Mori to first fight and kill Karin, so that her older sibling, Jun, ceases to exist. Due to Junta overpowering the Mega Playboy personality, he stops him from ever awakening and Rurara unceremoniously disappears.
- Action Girl: Even more than Karin, since her main appearance is a battle.
- Kid from the Future: Introduces herself as Junta's youngest child. Debateable if it's true.
- Parental Incest: Plans to invoke this with Junta, since she only came back to the past to have a child. According to a calculator, the best partner for her to sleep with and gain a strong child with telekinetic abilities is her own father.
- Tyke Bomb: Like all of Junta's descendants, she was born with enhanced PSI powers because of Mori's meddling and she was raised with the idea to fight a war under Mori's orders.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: She gets no sympathy for her purpose, even when disappearing.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has bright orange hair. Like with Karin, justified.
Voiced By: Jun Hazumi, David Brimmer, José LeónMori works for the environmental office in the future and travels to the past to check up on a 'miscalculation' of his that seems to have occured and is having an influence on the future.Mori is the mastermind behind the entire plot and orchestrated everything, including choosing Karin as the agen for the mission to shoot Junta. He was the one that created the DMC to awaken the Mega Playboy early and enhance his PSI power and that of his descendants. This leads to Mori having power over 199 strong PSI soldiers in the future.
- The Chessmaster: He only appears in the last volume. He orchestrated everything.
- Didn't See That Coming: His plan to awaken the Mega Playboy early and gain control over his descendants worked. The only thing that threw a wrench into his plan was that Karin and Junta end up falling in love and having a child together, who isn't under his control and is fighting him in the future.
- Driven to Suicide: When Mori is confronted and about to be arrested for his crimes, he shoots himself.
- Go Out with a Smile: Sports a nasty grin, insisting on still being right.
- Evil Old Folks: The oldest of the cast and planned a worldwide war with Junta's descendants.
- More Than Mind Control: Towards Rurara, but also to Junta and Ryuuji.
- Smug Snake: He always sounds unpleasant when talking to someone. He claims to hate all humans.
- Walking Spoiler: He is impossible to talk about beyond his appearance and name.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He sees the problem that overpopulance has caused in his time and how many people just waste their lives away, so Mori wants to help them. And chooses to do so by killing all that he considers to be lazy or a waste to society through the power of Junta's children.
Jun appears briefly during the last volume as a holographic transmission to Karin.He is Karin and Junta's son, who was born 3 years after the time Karin initially appeared in. His psychic powers developed early and he could foresee that Mori was going to use his half-siblings to rage a war, so he froze himself to get to the future and fight. Along with his transmission, Jun sends a DMC bullet that will eradicate the Mega Playboy from his father.
- Death Seeker: During his transmission, he says that he and his siblings were never meant to exist and sends a DMC bullet that will cause him and his 100 siblings to cease to exist.
- The Faceless: Only ever shown from the back, with a glimpse of a profile.
- Strong Family Resemblance: One quick look and you can tell who his father is.
- Walking Spoiler: Along with Mori, he cannot be talked about. Not even his apperance.