Junta Momonari/Mega Playboy
The main character who will eventually turn into the Mega Playboy and father a total of 100 children. Has a severe allergy that causes him to vomit when sexually aroused, so the news that he'll eventually be popular enough to have sex with many women seems like a mistake.When Karin accidently shoots him with a DMC that causes the Mega Playboy in him to be awakened early, he vows to learn to control the playboy side of his. He also falls for Karin, though she tells him that it's not real, since the medicine she shot him with also contained an alteration that made him fall in love with her. It isn't.
- The Ace:What the Mega Playboy is supposed to be. See below...
- Beauty Mark: One under each eyes, which is how Karin knew that Junta was the Mega Playboy, despite not seeming like him.
- Bishie Sparkle: As Twinkle Junta, he has them whenever he appears and when he is charming the ladies.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: OAV's, after Mori shoots him his own DNA bullet. Ryuuji also ends up like that.
- Chick Magnet: As Mega Playboy, though Ami and Karin come to like him as Junta too.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died when he was a little kid, so he's been raised mostly by his mother.
- Evil Red Head: Under Mori's brainwashing, The Mega Playboy turns out to be this.
- Go Through Me: Against Rurara in the anime, as a part of an Defusing The Tykebomb process alongside Karin
- Idiot Ball: After getting complete control of the Megaplayboy, he gets together with Karin who is seriously considering staying in the past with/for him now that the Megaplayboy issue was settled, he even brings up them getting married (since it happened in the future), it all goes to hell when someone brings up that he likes Ami in front of her, and she confronts Yunta about it, his answer is "I like you too", he's obviously told that a "too" is not good enough for all the risk staying in the past implied.
- Right after this, he goes Megaplayboy, with the growth spurt and face change and all (it's not explained how, since he had already absorbed the Megaplayboy) in an attempt to stop her, he transforms into the thing she was sent to destroy in an attempt to make her stay. Logic.
- Screw Destiny: When it's said that he'll turn into the Mega Playboy regardless at age 21, Junta decides to learn to control the playboy personality of his. He eventually overpowers the personality, causing all the children the Mega Playboy ever conceived to stop existing. He gets together with Karin, and everything is puppies and rainbows... Until Tomoko mentions she thought he liked Ami, when she questions him on this, he says he likes her too, and goes Megaplayboy (yes, the side of him Karin was sent to destroy) in an attempt to make her stay, Then Karin shoots him with a DMC that causes the playboy part of him (including his super saiyan powers) to be eradicated and remove his memories her and all the events of the manga, basically setting Junta's romance with Ami into stone.
- Split Personality: Junta is a goofball, well-meaning yet awkward and ends up vomiting whenever he's sexually aroused by a girl. The Mega Playboy is charming, mature and levelheaded, if just a little on the snobbish side. They even look somewhat differently, with Junta have wider, rounder eyes and the Mega Playboy having thinner eyes and sparkles.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: It turns out that the Mega Playboy is kind of a Mega Asshole when he finally reveals himself properly and refuses to help Karen, who is being beaten, because "their DNA isn't compatible". Though it's likely that this Mega Playboy was not just forcefully brought out but also made him a worse person than he likely originally was.
- Unlucky Everydude: Who would say that the loser dude would grow up into a dangerously dreamy guy.
- Voiced by: Hiroko Maruyama (JP), Lynna Dunham (EN)
- Apron Matron: Has her own business, raises Junta, takes Karin in...
- Meddling Parents: Played for Laughs
- Shipper on Deck: It's not a secret that she thinks her son and Ami should get married, even leading Karin to mistakenly think they're already engaged.
A DNA Agent from the future, whose mission it is to travel back in time and shoot Momonari Junta with a DMC that would eradicate the playboy DNA. She ends up accidently shooting him with the wrong DMC, which results in the Mega Playboy to manifest early and cause all sorts of chaos.Karin falls for the Mega Playboy, despite saying in her original time that she hates playboys, realizing that she shot him with the DMC that she had specifically created if she ever found a man she wanted to marry and then use the medicine on him to make him fall in love with her.
- Action Girl: The biggest one out of the girls. She managed to defeat a huge horde of street thugs easily, yet had difficulty fighting off a group of waiters at a restaurant.
- Bad Liar: She cannot lie. If she does, she ends up easily flustered, can't keep her stories straight and gets figured out.
- Broken Bird: According to Mori, she was abandoned by her parents when she was three years old and has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a good life and try out a ton of great jobs to prove herself better than she actually think she is.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She's quite competent at her job, but she just can't stay serious, even assassinating the effect of her own Blasphemous Boast by gushing on it.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: She comes from the future, though the exact year isn't stated. But it's far enough into the future that, in her time, Junta (and likely the rest of the characters) are already dead.
- I Choose to Stay: The final chapter comes off as this, even having her wear casual clothes, though she immediately reminds Junta that she hasn't decided whether she'll stay in the past yet. Knowing that Junta actually loves Ami, Karin eventually shoots him with the proper DMC that removes the playboy DNA from his body and his memories of the entire ordeal and she returns to the future.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Her dream is to make a ton of money, retire early and find a handsome man to live with in a large home.
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight: To the Brainwashed and Crazy Junta. It works.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Why she ended up erasing all memories of her from Junta's mind.
- Large Ham: Can have some hammy moments when she shows off how Badass she is, but ultimately gushes over how awesome that line or action was.
- Love Epiphany: When Mori reveals that he purposefully switched the original DMC with one that would cause the playboy in Junta to awaken early and Karin did not shoot Junta with the DMC she had mixed that would cause whoever it hit to fall in love with her, she admits to herself that she has fallen in love with Junta, not just because of the charm of the playboy.
- Married to the Job: Eventually chooses to remove the playboy out of Junta and memories of her and return to the future as her proper place.Karen: I'm a pro. I don't let my feelings get in the way.
- Moment Killer: She has an habit of freaking out and/or gushing on something at the wrong moment, invariably ruining a cool or dramatic moment. It's the first thing she does in the anime. She also does it on purpose whenever Junta (both normal and as Mega Playboy) has a romantic moment with any girl but Ami.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents abandoned her when she was 3 years old.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Defies orders to return home when Junta is willing to risk becoming Mega Playboy for good to stop Ryuuji.
- She's Got Legs: LOTS of attention is drawn to her beautiful butt, hips, and legs.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Out of the cast, she's the only one with an unnatural haircolor, Kotomi's highlights not withstanding. Emphasizes that she's different from the rest, coming from the future and all.
- Voiced by: Megumi Hayashibara (JP), Veronica Lake (EN)
A schoolmate of Junta's and famous for being the prettiest girl in school. Often gets into a fight with her boyfriend Ryuji cause he's a notorious cheater, yet never actually breaks up with him. According to him, it's because she's attracted to him on the genetical level so that even if she hates his guts, she still wants him via instincts.Easily falls in love with the Mega Playboy and even properly breaks up with Ryuji even telling him that she loves Junta now, because she feels like their DNA is compatible.
- Bitchin Sheeps Clothing: Seems this way at first.
- Covert Pervert: She seems a nice and pure girl, if a bit fanservicey and teasy. Then she tries to seduce Junta in a shopping mall, saying that the chance of getting caught makes things better...
- Lonely Rich Kid: Her Freudian Excuse.
- Ms. Fanservice: Often wearing miniskirts, flashes her underwear at times... her first appearance is her in nothing but undies and a towel after taking a shower.
- Nice Girl: She's surprisingly nice and quick to forgive, even her own Stalker with a Crush.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother died early in life, her father provides abundantly for her but is 90% of the time abroads.
- Seen It All: She becomes this during the series: after seeing a guy with pants and underwear down, open shirt and her face she doesn't get surprised of anything anymore, and she recovered pretty fast from that too.
- The Tease: She loves doing this just to enjoy Junta's face. Actually meant to be mean-spirited at first, but after falling for the Mega Playboy, she pretty much stops teasing him in that way.
Junta's childhood friend who lives across the street from him. She's blunt and direct with him since they grew up together, so there's no need to be wishy-washy. Though she obviously loves Junta, she doesn't tell him. She's a very good friend to Kotomi and even encourages her when she learns that Kotomi has fallen for a guy.She's a bit short when she encounters Tomoko or Karin, mostly due to jealousy or being suspicious of them.Ami is the only girl completely immune to the Mega Playboy's charm, she actually seems to be completely turned off by it, since she knows Junta well and realizes that it isn't his real self.
- No Sell: She is the only girl who is disgusted by the Mega Playboy's charm and hence won't fall for it.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: For Junta, whom she has known for almost all of their lives. It's also implied that knowing him so well and for so long is the reason why she's immune to the Mega Playboy's charm.
- Plucky Girl: An overall pretty happy girl who isn't bummed out for too long by bad things. Unless it involves something really bad. Especially if it involves Junta.
- Tomboy: From her personality to her tomboyish haircut.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Between her and Kotomi, Ami is the tomboy.
- Tsundere: A Type B - she's a rather kind Nice Girl, unless Junta is around.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: She thinks she'll become one, and it's even implied that this would have happened, had the Mega Playboy never awoken, in which case Junta and she would've gotten married and had two or three children. Since Karin shoots Junta with a medicine that removes the Mega Playboy DNA and his memories of her, then disappears into the future, it's heavily implied that she and Junta will end up getting married eventually.
- Voiced by: Hekiru Shiina (JP), Lotus (EN)
A schoolmate of Junta's and Ami's best friend. Kotomi has a little problem that occurs when she is nervous, similar to Junta's severe reaction to arousal. She's very sensitive about it and it's also one reason why she never does her rhythmic gymnastics in a leotard.Kotomi is unfortunately very susceptible to the Mega Playboy's charm and instantly fell in love with him when she first saw him. She's initially put down because she thinks she'd never have a chance with him since she thinks she's not sexy enough to be his type. She decides to change her entire self to appeal to him.
- Attempted Rape: When she and Playboy Junta were in the redlight district, he was knocked out and two guys took her into a back alley and were going to rape her in turn, but Junta thankfully woke up in time and teleported them away with his telekinetic powers.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Gets rid of her pigtails and gets her hair cut into a short hairdo when she decides to change her entire self to appeal to Junta.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She looks quite attractive after her haircut and in new clothes.
- Gasshole: One of the first and rare female examples. Given much more emphasis in the manga, where her farts are pretty much explosions.
- Moment Killer: It tends to have this effect.
- Girlish Pigtails: Eventually gets her hair cut into a pageboy style to appeal to Junta.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Doesn't think she has a chance with the Mega Playboy because she's not sexy, which is one reason why she decides to change herself completely.
- Passionate Sports Girl: A rather talented gymnast... too bad about her farting when she gets nervous.
- Sensual Spandex: That gym outfit is rather form-fitting...
- Put on a Bus: Eventually leaves for Germany after obtaining a scholarship in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Shrinking Violet: With black-purple hair, to boot!
- Slut-Shaming: Attempted by her rival in rhythmic gymnastics after said rival saw Kotomi and Junta come out of the redlight district. Since nothing happened, Kotomi pulled herself together and fights the accusation back.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Between her and Ami, Kotomi is the girly girl.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: While she is performing in a rhythmic gymnastic tournament that could land her a great scholarship, her leotard gets ripped through telekinetic powers and she exposes a breast to everyone and then lets out a huge fart out of embarassment. She excuses herself for a second to change and then performs properly.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She actually has black hair, but color illustrations depict her highlights as a dark purple-blue shade.
Tomoko's boyfriend and a notorious cheater. He says that they can't resist him due to their DNA attracting each other and so sees no reason to not follow his instincts. Ryuji does seem to care for Tomoko, though, because when she actually breaks up with him, he tries to get her back... in all the wrong ways.Karin accidently shoots him with a DMC that was originally meant for Junta and Ryuji gains the power to shapeshift into any person he thinks of, appearance-wise. Deciding that this gives him great power, he challenges thugs to gain their strength and become so strong that he can beat the Mega Playboy easily and will win Tomoko's love back.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: OAV's, just like Junta.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: To his girlfriend Tomoko.
- Evil Costume Switch: Not that he was particularly a nice character to begin with but during the course of the OAV's he does wear a costume when he has fallen victim to the Brainwashed and Crazy trope.
- High-Pressure Blood: When he starts to lose it and begins to suck up power from the girls watching his duel against Junta, the veins in his face expand and burst open.
- If I Can't Have You: After Tomoko dumps him, Ryuji challenges Junta to a duel and the winner gets Tomoko. When Tomoko still refuses him, despite proving himself to be stronger, Ryuji becomes rather violent...
- Jerk Ass: And specially after Karin shoots him by mistake and he gets his own powers.
- Jerk Jock: He's an obnoxious brute, despite his rather handsome appearance.
- Laser-Guided Karma: His many speeches about his superior DNA being the reason Tomoko will never dump him in spite of his infidelity are what help Tomoko justify her sudden feelings for Junta as the Mega Playboy. Added Irony for the Mega Playboy being exactly what Ryuuji boasted to be: a man with such superior DNA that women throw themselves at him.
- Power Copying: After getting shot by a DCM bullet, he can copy abilities by absorbing people's DNA.
- Phlebotinum Overload: Becomes a monster and nearly dies due absorbing too much DNA, only surviving due Mega Playboy!Junta literally punching the absorbed DNA out of him.
- The Pornomancer: Subverted. He says he's one, but then his girlfriend dumps him for the real deal...
- Prematurely Bald: We don't see him, but Tomoko says that while he's recovering, his hair has begun falling out and he decided to get it shaven for the meantime.
- Pride Before a Fall: He was an insufferable jerk beforehand, got worse when he gained powers and turned that up to eleven, but after Junta beats him and his overstraining of his body that ended up making him look like an old man knocked him down quite a few pegs.
- Stalker with a Crush: Toward Tomoko after being dumped.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Annoying to begin with, but when he gained powers, he became more of a jerk than before.
- Voluntary Shape Shifting: After getting shot by the DMC bullet, he gets this ability. He can normally only copy the face, but if he absorbs the DNA of someone he gets the whole body.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After he gets shot by the DMC and can shapeshift into people by absorbing their DNA, he comes up with the idea that absoring DNA makes him stronger and he starts to suffer from delusions of grandeur and thinking that if he is super strong, Tomoko will take him back.
- Voiced by: Ryunosuke Ohbayashi (JP), Tristan Goddard (EN)
- Voiced by: Eiko Yamada (JP), Barry Banner (EN)
- Voiced by: Sakiko Tamagawa (JP), Rebecca Miriam (EN)
Rurara travels back in time to meet her father Junta Momonari with the sole purpose of having a child with him. She introduces herself as his youngest child, but admits that due to a miscalculation, she is actually the 101st child. She later fights Karin under Mori's order to make sure that her older sibling Jun ceases to exist and Mori's planned war will not be interrupted by killing her. Due to Junta overpowering the Mega Playboy inside of him and effectively stopping the Mega Playboy from ever awakening, Rurara ceases to exist.
- Action Girl: Even more than Karin since majority of her appearance revolves around fighting Karin.
- Kid from the Future: Introduces herself to Junta as his youngest child. Though whether this is actually true is debateable.
- Parental Incest: Plans to invoke this with Junta, since it's the sole reason she came back to the past. According to a calculator, the best partner for her to sleep with to produce a strong child with telekinetic abilities is... her father.
- Tyke Bomb: Like all of Junta's descendants, she was born with enhanced PSI power due to Mori's meddling and she was raised with the idea to fight a war under Mori's orders. Her other purpose in life is to have a child to bring about another strong PSI soldier.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: She doesn't gain a whole lot of sympathy from either Junta or Karin regarding her purpose, even when she ceases to exist.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has bright orange hair and, next to Karin, the only really outrageous natural haircolor. Like with Karin, it's justified in that she came from the future.
- Voiced by: Jun Hazumi (JP), David Brimmer (EN)
Working for the environmental office in the future, Mori travels to the past to check up on a "miscalculation" that seems to have occured and is having an influence on the future. He's actually the mastermind behind the story and has orchestrated almost everything, starting by picking Karin as the agent to go back in time to shoot Junta. He was the one who actually switched the DMC that was going to eradicate the playboy DNA from Junta with one that would awaken his playboy DNA early, strengthen the psychic powers of his descendants and allow Mori to have control over all of them, too. Mori plans to counter the problem of the overpopulation in the future by using his army of PSI Soldiers that are all Junta's descendants and rage war against the world and kill any lazy people who are not being productive to the government.
- Chessmaster: He actually appears only in the last few chapters, but he basically orchestrated the events in this manga, except for one.
- Didn't See That Coming: His plan to awaken the Mega Playboy early went just as planned and overall worked out just fine, giving him 199 great PSI soldiers under his control to use as he pleases. The only thing he didn't foresee was that Karin and Junta would fall in love and have a son who isn't under his control and is fighting against him.
- Driven to Suicide: When Rurara ceases to exist and the Time Police corners him, Mori shoots himself with a gun.
- Go Out with a Smile: He has a pretty nasty smirk on his face before shooting himself in the head, stating that he remains thinking that his actions were right.
- Evil Old Folks: He's the oldest out of the cast and wants to cause a war with Junta's descendants to eradicte the lazy humans that he hates from the world.
- More Than Mind Control: To Rurara principally, but also to Junta and Ryuuji.
- Smug Snake: Whether he's talking to Rurara or Karin, he dislikes both of them. He admits that he hates all humans.
- Walking Spoiler: Impossible to talk a lot about him without revealing something.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He sees the problem the overpopulance has caused and how many people just waste their lives away, so he wants to help them... by murdering everyone he and his Mega Playboy's Children Army deem wasteful.
Jun appears only once during the last few chapters as a holographic transmission sent to Karin. Jun reveals that he is actually Karin and Junta's son, born 3 years after the time when Karin went to the past, and cements the fact that Karin and Junta were eventually going to get together, marry and even have a child, being the one true love that Junta Momonari has in his life after the Mega Playboy awakens. Jun's transmission includes the plan of Mori, how he figured this out and cryogenically froze himself to get to the future and oppose Mori. Along with the transmission, he sends a DMC bullet that he says will turn his father back into a regular man.
- Death Seeker: During his transmission he says that "[he] and [his] siblings were never meant to exist" and sends a DMC bullet that will effectively cause him and his 100 siblings to cease to exist.
- The Faceless: We only ever see him from the back, his face or profile is never revealed.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks practically like his father, though we don't see his face.
- Walking Spoiler: His physical appearance is a spoiler, so just one look at him gives you an indication what is going on.
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata (JP), Tom Wayland (EN)
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata, Jake Eisbart (EN)
- Alpha Bitch
- Canon Foreigner: Only appears in the manga
- Manipulative Bitch: To her brother, a boy with Psychic Powers, whose interest in Junta's abilities she uses for her own benefit.
- The Rival: To Kotomi