The characters of the Mexican Soap Opera Carrusel
- Cool Old Guy: As the school janitor and caretaker
- The Other Darrin: When the first actor for Fermin was no longer available, the producers got another actor to replace him.
School Principal Felicia Orraca
Maria Joaquina Villaseñor
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Brunette in the 2012 remake.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted, since he is an excellent student.
- Informed Judaism: His Jewish faith is mentioned sometimes (like when he and Valeria wonder if it'll be a hindrance in their married life since Valeria is raised Catholic, or when he's in a synagogue), but doesn't play a huge role in his life as a whole.
- Nice Guy
- Sheltered Aristocrat: From a quite rich family.
- Alliterative Name
- Brainy Brunette: Had both academic intelligence and people skills.
- The Determinator - Plucky Girl: Unlike all other students whose families were poor (Mario, Cirilo, Jaime), Carmen did very well in school. In fact, she did much better than various other students whose families were better off (such as Pablo and Laura).
- Perpetual Poverty: At first, due to her parents being separated. She needed new shoes, and later a full white outfit (complete with gloves)- which La Patrulla Salvadora procure for her!. It Gets Better, though, when her parents reconciled.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Subverted, since as ladylike and tender as she was, she also was a good student who wanted to learn how to swim.
- Abusive Parents: His father is an okay person if often away due to his hard work. His mother is dead, and his stepmother hates him since she doesn't consider him her child.
- Anger Born of Worry: Had been so badly abused by his Wicked Stepmother that he can't take affection from Ximena and resorts to treating her badly, which causes the poor teacher an Heroic BSOD.
- Friend to All Living Things: Animals adore him, especially his dog Rabito and his pet bunny.
- Perpetual Poverty: He is actually the poorest of the students. Unlike several others, his family does not seem to get better.
Jorge del Salto
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Not in the original, though- did not get anywhere near enough character development for that to be determined.
- The Generic Guy: Barely recalled by the fans, except for being a chubby boy with Sleepyhead traits. But at least he got a name!!
- Brainy Brunette: Not a textbook example, but she had common sense, was disciplined and mature, and was at the very least a decent student.
- Nice Hat: In the Brazilian 2012.
- Girl in the Tower: Sort-of, as her overprotective caretakers keep her locked inside their home while her parents were in the hospital due to an accident.
- Shrinking Violet