Characters / Carrusel
The characters of the Mexican Soap Opera Carrusel
- Cool Old Guy: As the school janitor and caretaker
- The Other Darrin: When the first actor for Fermin was no longer available, the producers got another actor to replace him.
School Principal Felicia Orraca
- Bully Hunter: He does NOT take kindly to bullies, and was pissed when the kids mistreated Cirilo.
Maria Joaquina Villaseñor
- Black Best Friend: Subverted: he at first was bullied, and when he's accepted by the others he doesn't become anyone's best friend, just friendly to everyone in general.
- Catch-Phrase: "No, yo sólo decía!" ("No, but I was just saying...!")
- Too Dumb to Live: Sometimes. He means well, but does seem to severely lack either booksmarts or streetsmarts.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a serious prankster and sometimes treats his sister Marcelina real bad. OTOH, he was the first one willing to befriend the antisocial Mario.
- HouseWife: She was the only one of the girls who wanted to be strictly a housewife and mother, while the rest had career goals.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Brunette in the 2012 remake.
- Informed Judaism: His Jewish faith is mentioned sometimes (like when he and Valeria wonder if it'll be a hindrance in their married life since Valeria is raised Catholic, or when he's in a synagogue), but doesn't play a huge role in his life as a whole.
- Brainy Brunette: A pretty talented artist and seamstress, not to mention a good student.
- Meaningful Name: Valeria is a Latin name meaning "courageous". Valeria was easily the gutsiest of the girls- not afraid of mice or haunted houses.
- Perpetual Poverty: Her parents are doing okay at first, but they hit rock bottom when her dad loses her job.. Not one of the poorest students in the class, though.
- Spirited Young Lady: The closest we have to this kind of character in the show.
- Alliterative Name
- Brainy Brunette: Had both academic intelligence and people skills.
- The Determinator - Plucky Girl: Unlike all other students whose families were poor (Mario, Cirilo, Jaime), Carmen did very well in school. In fact, she did much better than various other students whose families were better off (such as Pablo and Laura).
- Perpetual Poverty: At first, due to her parents being separated. She needed new shoes, and later a full white outfit (complete with gloves)- which La Patrulla Salvadora procures for her! Things improve, though, when her parents reconciled.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Subverted, since as ladylike and tender as she was, she also was a good student who wanted to learn how to swim.
- Abusive Parents: His father is an okay person if often away due to his hard work. His mother is dead, and his stepmother hates him since she doesn't consider him her child.
- Anger Born of Worry: Had been so badly abused by his Wicked Stepmother that he can't take affection from Ximena and resorts to treating her badly, which causes the poor teacher an Heroic B.S.O.D..
- Friend to All Living Things: Animals adore him, especially his dog Rabito and his pet bunny.
- Perpetual Poverty: He is actually the poorest of the students. Unlike several others, his family does not seem to get better.
- Meaningful Name: Margarita is a Greek name meaning "pearl" and "daisy". Margarita was a fashionista who dreamt of boys giving her jewelry.
- New Transfer Student: She actually comes from outside Mexico City, more exactly from Monterrey.
- Romantic False Lead: At first, it seems like she will steal David away from Valeria. But Margarita ends up losing interest in David, he and Valeria get back together, and Margarita moves on and stays friends with Valeria.
Jorge del Salto
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Subverted. He is shunned not because he's booksmart, but because he's a stuck-up jerk. (Besides, Daniel's grades were still better)
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Played straight if she is a tomboy. Not much is known about her, but she does not seem particularly girly.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Not in the original, though- did not get anywhere near enough character development for that to be determined.
- The Generic Guy: Barely recalled by the fans, except for being a chubby boy with Sleepyhead traits. But at least he got a name!!
- Brainy Brunette: Not a textbook example, but she had common sense, was disciplined and mature, and was at the very least a decent student.
- Girl in the Tower: Sort-of, as her overprotective caretakers keep her locked inside their home while her parents were in the hospital due to an accident.