Jose "Pepe" Argento
Actor: Guillermo Francella
Pepe Argento (AKA: Al Bundy) is the father of the Argento family. His life is a complete hell, in all possible manners you can conceive... and then some others.
Tropes associated with Pepe Argento
- The Ace: Prior to his marriage.
- Alpha Couple: With Moni.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: With his family, and perhaps with Maria Elena too, if the series finale is anything to go by.
- The Chew Toy
- Chick Magnet: Turns into one in an episode, much to Moni's dismay.
- Deus Angst Machina: He lost his chances to be a football player, he has a wife that is always asking for sex, two mistakes of nature as sons, a dog that just stays there, a pathetic job, ugly and always complaining customers, a neighbour that hates him and always try to humilliate him, perpetual poverty... and that's just the Status Quo, each new episode provides yet another way of being turned down.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: He played football with Death himself!
- I Coulda Been a Contender!: He could have been a player of "Club Atlético Racing Club", but it could not be.
- Jaded Washout: Argentine version of the former trope namer.
- Smite Me, O Mighty Smiter!: Pepe always complains to the "Beard" (God) about his pathetic life and the way all the universe turns against him.
- Tranquil Fury: when he wants to kill his wife. Some time he even wanted to do it and was constantly interrupted by other anti-climate things when he took the knife and marched towards her.
Monica "Moni" Argento
Actress: Florencia PeñaMoni Argento (AKA: Margaret "Peggy" Bundy) is Pepe's wife. All she wants in life is to have sex with him and watch Susana Giménez on the TV.
Tropes associated with Moni Argento
- Alpha Bitch: It's revealed in the episode of her high school reunion that she was one back in the day.
- Alpha Couple: With Pepe.
- Dumb Blonde
- Easily Forgiven
- Humble Goal: Just have passionate sex with Pepe for more than 5 minutes. Is that so much to ask for?
- Improbable Hairstyle
- Karma Houdini
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With María Elena. María Elena is always angry, violent, resented and plotting vengeance against Pepe, while Moni simply wants to see men semi naked and have sex with his husband.
Actress: Luisana Lopilato
Tropes associated with Paola Argento
- Bare Your Midriff
- Book Dumb
- Brainless Beauty
- Daddy's Girl
- Dawson Casting: The actress was on her twenties when she played 17/18 years old Paola.
- Dumb Blonde
- The Ditz
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She does have a good heart, and cares about her family and defends them, for instance defending Coqui at school.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: A few moments hinted this. The most notable one is when she tied up a girl in front of the school wearing just her underwear, for everyone to see (then again, she did deserve it after doing something similar to Coqui previously).
- May–December Romance: She briefly dates the state governor, but leaves him upon finding out he's married.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Put on a Bus: Due to the actress being unavailable at the time of filming, Paola was sent to a modeling school for some episodes of the second season.
- Really Gets Around
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Coqui.
Alfio "Coqui" Argento
Actor: Darío Lopilato
Tropes associated with Coqui Argento
- All Love Is Unrequited: For Maria Elena.
- Dawson Casting
- The Ditz
- Even the Guys Want Him: His good looks have been emphasized by many male characters thoughtout the series.
- Favors for the Sexy: All the time.
- Humble Goal: Just to have sex for the first time. Is that so much to ask for? YES!
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Few people even know his real name is Alfio, in honor to a football coach Pepe admires.
- Precocious Crush: Coqui loves María Elena with all his heart, and wants to have sex with her... and her rejection for him is only second to Pepe.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Paola.
Tropes associated with Fatiga
María Elena Fuseneco
Actress: Erica Rivas
Tropes associated with María Elena Fuseneco
- The Alcoholic
- Berserk Button: Pepe. Pepe. PEPE ARGENTO!!
- Closet Pervert
- Cute and Psycho: Of a non-Ax-Crazy variety. She cute, hot, and honestly believes she has a daughter that only she can see!
- Deadpan Snarker: With Pepe, for any reason. With Moni, when they discuss. With Dardo, when he desires other women, or to remind him of his old guilts. Well... with everyone.
- Evil Laugh
- Happily Married
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: with Dardo.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Moni. Moni just wants sex, love, sex, romance, sex; but who will plot Pepe's ultimate downfall if not María Elena?